Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
December 09, 2022, 05:20:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 6500 times)
eleanora

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2008, 10:49:10 pm »

Nice to know that someone is taking notice of what goes on up here, there has been two street lights out on WENT AVENUE for a few days now ,the amey men came to one of them, looked at it then went away, the other is near a house that has recently become empty, i wonder how long it is before it's vandalised? i am sick of reporting these lights being out, does anybody care? i think not Sad
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
eleanora

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2008, 10:05:50 am »

recieved a e-mail fron amey this morning,apparently there is no electricity supply to the 2 lamppost's on went ave,report has been passed to yorkshire electricity,we wait in hope Roll Eyes
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2008, 05:45:44 pm »

thats the spirit gal keep bloody complaining and posting. this diary is becoming daming. Grin
eleanora

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2008, 09:16:25 am »

well,guess what now the electricitry men came did what they do to the lamps one was on all day but NOT at night ,the other isn't on at all,reported again, Roll Eyes
Mr T

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2008, 04:04:34 pm »

YORKSHIRE EVENING POST FRONT PAGE TUESDAY 29TH APRIL
(YOU WILL HAVE TO SCROLL TO SEE IT ALL AS SHRINKING IT DOWN MAKES IT UNREADABLE)

"I PITY THE FOOL"
rapper67

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2008, 06:37:57 pm »

another great post Mr T you are doing a fabulous job keep it up. the evidence is damning.
conscience

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2008, 08:31:01 pm »

Has a date been set for the use of CPO’s ?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2008, 10:25:41 pm »

the term CPO is not just a thing they can threaten people with. in brief the desition will eventually come from the goverment at the request of WMDC. this will take many months and thats without a solicitor getting involved.
Mr T

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2008, 12:45:02 pm »

Typical! Morrisons (that's the utility people, not the supermarket) have been round today, dug up a hole outside a residents house, fenced it off and buggered off! Why do they always do that? As if the place isn't an eyesore to start with! Mind you saying that, it'll keep the yobs happy won't it. I'll give it just the one day before the fencing and signs are either, knocked over, thrown in someones garden or strewned all over the estate!

SEE TOPIC "ROADWORKS" IN "HIGHWAYS & PATHS"

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2008, 05:54:14 pm »

Morrison's, the utility people, have been inside an empty property today (1st May) next door to a remaining resident. I'm not sure exactly which service it is they are attending to, but obviously, they have had to enter the property to do it, that's fair enough! However, as usual, the property has been left unsecure as all they have done is put the shutter back and tapped in one of the screws! You can see from the picture, it can be easily ripped off again! As well as that, there isn't any door on behind the shutter, so it's straight into the house! Surely, with this being next door to a resident, securing it again PROPERLY should be a No.1 priority, especially after all the recent arson attacks that have been taking place!

SHUTTER RESECURED BY 1 SCREW ON THE DOORLESS PROPERTY

ONE OF THE ORIGINAL SCREWS LIES ON THE FLOOR

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Buffy

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2008, 06:36:37 pm »

This is typical of people who are employed by the council. Just like our council they have no consideration for the safety of the remaining residents on the girnhill estate. I just hope that no will try and break into the house for the neighbours sake. Brilliant pictures Mr T. 
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2008, 08:06:16 pm »

they just dont give a toss. even the fire brigade has made comment that if they have to fight another fire on the Girnhill other people are left at risk. im going to email this page to Morrisons and see what happens. Smiley
Greencatcher

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2008, 11:08:41 pm »

My neighbour has just been round and informed me that his water has been cut off since the workers were working next door.  He phoned the water company and they say nothing is wrong.   Errr no water coming through taps means there is something defo wrong, or am I being pedantic.
Mr T

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2008, 11:18:02 pm »

It's unbelievable! As well as having to live in a hell hole, we are having our services disrupted too! We had to have our gas re-piped back in a while back because when they capped off next door to us, they capped us off too! Now our neighbours are having their water cut off and only the other month, the entire estate had no electricity because they damaged the cable with the digger!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Greencatcher

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2008, 11:24:18 pm »

Perhaps next month we will be subject to Martial Law and living under a curfew.
Mr T

« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2008, 04:15:56 pm »

The couple of things mentioned in the previous couple of posts have now been rectified! The water is back on to the resident who had it cut off and the shutter next door to him has been secured better! It's makes a change reporting something positive for once  Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2008, 09:21:54 pm »

i have well passed my 28 days for my 2nd reply from Janet Howley. now resent to others to give to her. glad the water got sorted. could anyone fill me in about the street lights. are they both working at night and not day?
the June meeting is still to far away Angry
eleanora

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2008, 06:52:17 am »

Hi Yetion1

The street lights are still out on went avenue,apparently they have no  electrical supply to them??
eleanora

« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2008, 02:50:07 pm »

HI ,
Mr T get your camera ready, two houses on went ave empty now, what's betting there's  a fire very soon,
Hmmm before there shuttered up
or after?
any bets?
Mr T

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2008, 03:23:47 pm »

Mmm...Good question Eleanora! Well, let's look at the current situation! They are slowly running out of whole empty blocks to torch, and the ones that are left are shuttered (although that hasn't stopped them in the past), so an unsecure house might be tempting for them! If I had to predict what was going to happen, I would say looters in first, leaving it totally unsecure, followed by the Pyromaniacs!

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum