Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
December 08, 2022, 04:11:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pot Holes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pot Holes  (Read 2712 times)
primax

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2012, 10:13:29 am »

I've just been on a walk around the town and was looking at the condition of the roads and especially the paths as I walked. The paths are a particular cause for concern, after humpteen projects in which fibre optics were laid, new gas mains and so forth the reinstatement jobs are terrible. Sunken sections where contractors havn't got the reinstatement up to the existing level are a definate concern for the elderly tripping, frost damaged sections along the curb side of the path are another cause for concern and with winter approaching I can see much more widespread damage on the way.
I can honestly say that paths and roads in the 1960's and 70's were much better in Featherstone than they are now and that shouldn't be the case. Considering how much rates and tax we all pay they should be up to scratch but it seems its not just Featherstone that suffers because the UK roads are now officially the worst in the EU. Everywhere you go in this town you will find a labyrinth of patched up paths and roads in a terrible state of repair, the sad thing is as time progresses these will become worse.
Here is a possible solution to the problem or at least to part of the problem:-
Developers are planning to build 450 new homes here in the next few years, have a meeting with these developers and say to them - if you really care about this town like you have suggested in your fancy internet plans then you will take our 10 worst roads and paths in the town and relay them as part of a good will agreement. No one can say that these developers can't afford it because they can, they are among the richest businessmen in Europe. So if they really care about the environment and Feath then lets see them put their money where their mouth is and give us something back in return for the space we have provided for them to make millions and millions.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum