Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:45:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hanging Baskets

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hanging Baskets  (Read 921 times)
Ruthie

« on: June 06, 2008, 12:32:15 pm »

I dont know if any of you noticed on your adventures round and about town this morning but there has been some very pretty hanging put on lapposts.
Lets hope they bring a dash of colour to Featherstone eh?

A good couple of weeks when they've filled out they will look smashing.

Heres to Featherstone in Bloom
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Popeye

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:36:37 pm »

Yes they are up here in the Northern province also, bloody nice as well. Should have been out a couple of weeks ago but the usual jobs worth from WMDC said some of the new lamps wern't up to the weight...Huh? What are they saying, they have spent millions replacing lamp posts that have stood for years with new ones that a dog can **** on and it topples over. Sorry folk its just me and my suspicious mind when we try to make things better for the town and a few banana skins appear.

Anyway they are going up now so enjoy watching them bloom but wait till next year when we have the Chelsea Flower Show on Lister Green. While were on the subject of international shows I want the Galloway oyster festival moved to Church Lane fish shop. Anyone else got a venue that can hold something with an international flavour.
Buffy

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 03:25:44 pm »

Yes i have also seen the wondeful hanging baskets along wakefield road, but look what happened last time, with the basket in station lane. They were left, not watered or anything just left to die. So lets see how long it is til these one are left to die.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:06:22 pm »

I don’t know if you are all aware but WMDC have provided baskets for other towns and gardened at thier cost for years, except Featherstone. This year due to cuts no one except Castleford and Wakefield were supposed to get anything. Yet Pontefract has had its flowers. WMDC say they are coming to do some work.
As for the baskets it has always been the town councils job to fund the baskets and maintain them. Last year this went **** up due to some political party reducing the precept to a bankrupting figure. The baskets this year are supplied with watering and maintenance. No watering will be a break of contract.
The point is that an improvement has been made and can be bettered each year.
karen

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:19:48 pm »

lets hope they do i like to see flowers but i think they look more like planters more than baskets
Forkhandles

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:13:36 pm »

I think its because they're hanging containers as opposed to baskets Grin Wink
karen

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:20 pm »

yes thats the way i ment it
Popeye

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 10:32:18 pm »

The guy was out watering them this week with a huge tank and spray gun, he needs the huge tank cos he has got 140 baskets or planters to see to over the whole of Featherstone, Ackton, Streethouse and Snydale this year not just a dozen in the lane. The design is so they don't dry out as quick and fall apart, the lot cost 1/3rd of what WMDC quoted last year just to supply 30 odd. Size isn't everything and we don't want the lamps to bend. Grin Grin
Citizen Smith
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 04:46:33 pm »

I have to say the hanging planters throughout the district are a credit to all those involved. They have certainly lived up to the name of this forum and made a difference to the whole Featherstone District.
RainbowWarrior

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 02:19:34 pm »

The hanging baskets have been lovely and really brightened up the district. They have certainly been value for money. Well done Feath Town Council.

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
Popeye

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 10:10:21 am »

Last year the Express had a letter complaining about the poor quality of the hanging baskets, see if the author of that sends one in about this years crop. Doubt it but it would be nice for praise to hit the papers by way of letters from a kind resident or two. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
karen

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 02:46:58 pm »

is there any going spare 2 nice ones would look good on huntwick drive

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum