Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:00:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

PlayDay 2008

Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PlayDay 2008  (Read 1634 times)
Popeye

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 09:05:35 pm »

Thats one of Johns quips, your to young to remember the series sweetpea.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
RainbowWarrior

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 11:28:24 pm »

Fantastic Day!! Congratulations to all concerned. Shame about the food van but the shop and Park Fisheries must be thanking us they did a roaring trade, Fish shop still open at 4.00pm!!!

The kids loved it, and so did the adults I was asked a couple of times "when we are coming back" Cheesy

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
Victor

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 10:46:58 am »

Superb day, I think all the kids of all ages really enjoyed it as well as parents, well done to Gareth and all his team. And in this day and age of gadgets/computers it was great to see how many kids were just enjoying themselves playing safely in the park, which was what the day was all about.
The football area was really busy and popular despite Leeds Utd not turning up, but there again they havent done that for years anyway.
And as for the straw bails, the kids were all over them, and kept returning to them time and time again, some never left.
Ruthie, what about a straw bails sports event next year, im sure you could get a team together, but we will have to let Popeye do the judging at his age.
Again well done to everyone.   
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 08:47:27 pm »

great comments by all but i have to end by mentioning that i work for the BIG BOSS

Mr. Ken Still

Ken is Featherstones unknown silent hero. if only people knew what he does all day everyday for featherstone and without him every event would be 3 times as hard. thanks Ken.

P.S. Andy Land got thrown in at the deep end and sailed through. thanks.
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 09:54:41 pm »

Only too happy to help any time you want me to help you only have to ask mate Andy.  P.S. enjoyed the day anyway it was absolutely brilliant and thank you for asking me to help. Grin Grin Grin Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 08:12:13 pm »

The MrX incident
(I cannot say the name and write the facts together. That does not stop anyone else publishing the name without this statement attached).

To set the scene we had an ex-labour town council member stood on the hill (the general) whilst his 1 weakest soldier is sent in to try and cause a fight.
Ken and another man are stood talking when MrX comes towards them on his bike. Mr X then proceeds to make various comments like “you’re a set of lying b*****ds and this day is a political stunt. MrX continues to provoke as he always does for a further 10 minutes. MrX then walks away. 10 yards on he turns around and shouts in front of hundreds of children “what did you call me? A b*****d?” MrX then walks back to Ken and gives swearing abuse. No reply came from Ken. Mr X then walks off again only to again turn round and shout “what did you say? You called me a c**t. Mr X then turns around gets on his bike and rides it at Ken. MrX then starts the classic windmill arms flying punch’s at Ken. Ken was cut on the leg, arm and neck. Ken then grabbed Mrx by the collar pulled MrX forward and raised his arm with a fist. Ken paused and then lowered his arm and went to sit in his van and wipe the blood from his cuts whilst MrX walks away shouting abuse.
I respect the 72 year Ken more than ever. He could have knocked out MrX with one blow but chose that the children deserved a better display of adults.

To the general on the hill, do your own dirty work.
To Mr X I am watching. So far I see you claiming benefit and yet being paid for delivering news papers and labour leaflets. Yes I have grassed you up and will continue with a passion.

A final note to Mr X is that the police are involved and I hope they throw the book at you. The labour party has reached the bottom line by frightening children. I hope the repercussions are done the same to you.
Bob

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 09:28:26 pm »

Smiley I visited the park on play day and can I say how delighted I was to see all the activities and children enjoying them selves,
I was particuly interested in the quickly erected "street football pitches" well done to Gareth and Andy and others who I am sure helped, the football games were proof of the need for the mobile sports arenas Gareth and Bob have for the last three and a half years been working to find funding to buy at least one set of such equipment.
We feel and hope there may be some light at the end of the tunnel, but we need people to get involved if and when we acheive our goal and deliver the sport to Featherstone and District,
The ethos of "street football" is respect,fair play and inclussion for all childeren, and aims to adress anti social behavour.
The scheme is allready working in Scotland and is a great success.
For more information contact Bob via this page
RainbowWarrior

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 11:04:14 pm »

Nice one Forkhandles, it's about time these bullies were named and shamed! The play day was part of a national initiative supported by the very government the "general and Mr X" claim to support and yet they claim it is a political stunt by the "indies". A lot of people put in months of hard work into organising the event and making it the success it was. Over 300 children had a fantastic day and the village idiots should not be allowed to spoil that. Featherstone would be a much poorer place without Ken, Gareth and the rest of the team ,who are prepared to give their time and resources free to make this town a better place to live. We should be proud of them all !!!

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
karen

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 07:38:00 pm »

Yetion1 is at a meeting with the person that was assaulted so he might find out otnight if anything is being done, because he will tell him. Grin Grin Grin
wh would mr x want to hit a 72 year old man  Angry Angry
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum