Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:22:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

C C T V

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C C T V  (Read 2201 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: September 21, 2008, 09:18:17 pm »

There is a big however! cctc law has been changing in recent years to get around legal issues. In all that time and now the law is described very openly. No enforcement of checking use has been pursued.
In plain English for all domestic (looking on to a highway) and light commercial cameras, they should be below bedroom height and with a good reason to use. A sign should be placed in the area to inform people of recording. A log of the footage must be kept. The recording material should be locked away. The person running the equipment should register with the home office under the data protection act. This was free when I applied.

One good change in the law is little known. For years I have heard similar story’s from people asking to view footage only to be turned away.  I helped campaign for the cameras because I knew the value of the evidence to solve crimes, this response was frustrating. If you are robbed you should have the right to find the crook.
The cameras are not perfect but they are bloody good. They do move about regular, but sods law means sometimes you are behind the view. The good bit now is that as the cameras are run by WMDC you can apply for footage to them. If you follow the link below you can apply for footage.

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=29300&query=cctv&SCOPE=www.wakefield.gov.uk&hiword=cctv%20

I have had no feedback as yet from this request form. Any information would be appreciated.
As for cctv in shops I would personally disagree. Shop lifting is on the up in all manor of disguises from kids with parents to males and prams. That’s not to mention the violence.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum