Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:26:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 3  (Read 6606 times)
Mr T

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2008, 04:17:53 pm »

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST

I have just been informed that our story on the estate won't be on tonight but sometime within the next fortnight! You will have to keep watching all episodes of calendar at 6:00PM in order to see it! They are still on the estate filming as I type this so it's obvious they won't get it back and edited for 6:00PM....Keep watching!  Grin
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2008, 06:13:47 pm »

it went well. the true story definately got put over. nice to see some people got off thier ass to show support, you people deserve more. should be good viewing when its on. may be its better as we can all tell as many people as possible that it is coming Wink
Mr T

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2008, 03:28:47 pm »

THE FRONT PAGE OF THE PONT & CAS GUARDIAN - FRIDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2008

I'VE LEFT IT LARGE SO IT CAN BE READ, YOU WILL HAVE TO SCROLL TO SEE IT ALL!

THE CAMERAMAN FROM CALENDAR ENDED UP IN THE PICTURE TOO  Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2008, 03:41:04 pm »

If you wish to view the paper from my previous post online, then go to...

http://www.mpldigital.com/chronicle-publications/pontefract-castleford-guardian/

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2008, 07:08:02 pm »

Fire brigade are currently putting out a garage on Hawthorne Avenue as I type this (Fri 19th Sep - 7:07PM)

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2008, 09:59:50 pm »

keep watching TV. the calender story will be here soon. when it is aired, then i will tell you about the delay. no need to rock the boat just yet. Wink Grin
Mr T

« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2008, 03:23:37 pm »

This was shoved through our letterbox today by Mrs Howley herself! It looks like we are in for another 3 days of noise! I like the "1 DAY" notice they have given us!

TO THE PEOPLE FROM WYG WHO WILL BE CARRYING OUT THIS WORK.......
I HAVE A HANDY TIP THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO COMPLETE THE WORK MUCH QUICKER

YOU WILL FIND THE GROUND UNDERNEATH ALL THE GRASS, SETTEE'S AND DOUBLE BEDS! Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2008, 06:19:27 pm »

tonights calendar report was brill. the link is not up yet but i am sure it will be soon. you can text them with your view of the estate on 63332. tell them what you think.
Mr T

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2008, 06:30:32 pm »

I am posting tonights Calendar report on here for those that missed it! Excellent report and lots of texts from people all around the region supporting us! I shall be posting both the story and peoples reaction to it! WATCH THIS SPACE!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2008, 06:40:58 pm »

We shall all be watching with bated breath MrT, and what a report. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Mr T

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2008, 01:23:56 pm »

Here is the Calendar news story from Wed 24th Sept about the estate for those that missed it! You will notice that when Mr Wallhead is asked "Would you want to live there?", he totally ignores the question and so Mrs Gee has to ask him again to answer the question! WHY COULDN'T YOU ANSWER IT MR WALLHEAD? SIMPLE...BECAUSE "NO" YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE HERE WOULD YOU MR WALLHEAD!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Willow

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2008, 01:42:39 pm »

Thanks for this post Mr T I had missed it on Calendar. It makes my blood boil, most of the people interviewed I consider old friends and some are Family none of who deserve what is going on. Mr Wallhead, I would love to put his head through a wall. You lot keep fighting for what is yours by right, only wish I could do more to help.
Brian Potter

« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2008, 02:27:26 pm »

Where did the valuation of £85000 come from ? When and how were these values arrived at ? A decent house in a decent area (as these once were) would be worth well into six figures. You might get the odd rundown terrace with no garden for that sort of money, but not 2 and 3 bed semis.

Was the condition of the estate taken into account at the time ? If so, what a con. Why not revalue them now, they would only have to fork out 20p, a half chewed toffee and a "blacky's" egg for each one as they are not saleable right now. A nice redeveloped estate where people will want to live and the houses will be worth nearly double the figures quoted.

A "very generous" assistance package ? yeah right, so generous most of it has to be paid back, so not generous at all really is it ? I am only surprised they haven't jumped on the housing crisis bandwagon and tried to push the figures down. Someone is not playing by the rules and are hoping people will just give in.  Lips sealed
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2008, 06:35:30 pm »

"Someone is not playing by the rules and are hoping people will just give in."

that is exactly IT Angry

you can wrap it up how you wont some people are fighting while other sit on their ass.

notice i didnt say any political parties. you can work it out age 6+ and above.
karen

« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:35 pm »

both me and willow lived up there to watch the nightmare thats happening up there is heart breaking what ever went wrong
Willow

« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2008, 10:59:47 pm »

Your right there Karen it is very heart breaking. When I first saw some of Mr T's footage of the estate i was in tears. I think for anyone who has lived there it would be very upsetting to see, but for those of them still living up there it's a nightmare. This so called wonderful deal their being offered is a joke. Is there some way we can help maybe with donations to help with legal costs does anyone know.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2008, 05:49:06 pm »

Adrian Cottingham is the estates spokes man and you could also see Harold Westwood. the best help at the moment is keep telling the story and turn up to demos Grin
Mr T

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2008, 05:59:34 pm »

Since the story was aired, and our new lamp post signs were shown, (WELCOME TO GIRN"HELL" C/O W.M.D.C.) they have all mysteriously disappeared! Mmm...I wonder who could have removed them? If they didn't spot them on the T.V. then there is the possibility that Mrs Howley could have reported them being up as she was round here the other day delivering her leaflets! I say now that Calendar has had their go, I reckon it's time to get in touch with Look North again!  Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
karen

« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2008, 10:17:05 am »

yes to right
Mr T

« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2008, 07:44:04 pm »

I'm thinking of advertising my online diary of the estate to maybe drum up support! I have got 4 subscribers already and that's without it being advertised! Here is a sample poster I threw together! What ya think?

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum