Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:31:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 3  (Read 6710 times)
Mr T

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 12:50:24 am »

WEDNESDAY 11TH JUNE

The arsonists thought they'd have a change tonight! It would seem the large container that the demolition team are filling up with remains of a house they are working on caught their eye! Once again, choking smoke filled the estate and believe it or not, it took the fire crew 3 hours to finally put it out! 3 hours of their valuable time wasted when they should have been available for a "REAL" emergency!

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 07:49:51 am »

What your picture doesn't show is whilst the fire brigade were extinguishing the fire, how many kids were playing in the rubble. I lost count at 20.
Mr T

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 12:51:33 pm »

I took those pictures before the fire brigade (and spectators) came ! It's alway's the same everytime there is a fire, as soon as a bit of smoke is spotted, everyone from miles around gather's on the estate as if it's a street party! I know kid's will be kid's where the fire brigade is concerned, but they don't just stand and watch, as Featherstonian rightly said, they come up and start messing around! It's not a one way traffic though because the adult's are just as bad as the kid's, Obviously I don't mean they misbehave, but they come up in their cars, pull up and switch the engine off!  It remind's me of one of those drive in cinema's! Present company accepted of course, you do need to see it for yourself's...you know who you are  Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Forkhandles

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 06:32:37 pm »

What your picture doesn't show is whilst the fire brigade were extinguishing the fire, how many kids were playing in the rubble. I lost count at 20.
The culprits would be amongst them too feath, they always say an arsonist turns up to see his handywork Sad
Buffy

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 03:30:24 pm »

Mr T kids dont have anything better to and honestly do you think thier parents are bothered as long as they are out of there way. And i totally agree with u forkhandles the culprit or culprits are probably in the crowd, however i dont think the culprits are kids (if u get what i mean).
Forkhandles

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 06:22:19 pm »

Mr T kids dont have anything better to and honestly do you think thier parents are bothered as long as they are out of there way. And i totally agree with u forkhandles the culprit or culprits are probably in the crowd, however i dont think the culprits are kids (if u get what i mean).
Wink Wink Wink
Mr T

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:38 pm »

I took this video a few weeks back mainly for my YouTube videos on Girnhill, but now I have decided to put it on here and share it! The video show's you how badly overgrown the gardens have become and how narrow a public footpath has got leading up to a resident's home! These garden's used to be attended to once in a while but now it seems they are just not bothered anymore! The same applies regarding the removal of rubbish left by fly tippers, that too is now left to build up! You will see a "small" example of the rubbish we have to live amongst in the video, but the worst place is right next to the ginnel leading up to the school. To give you an idea of how long the grass actually is, 24 seconds into the footage, you will see the grass level with the camera! You could understand that if I was small person, but the fact I am actually 6ft 4in tall tells you, this grass is long! Keep watching in great detail, I'm sure I keep seeing a lion in there!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Buffy

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 07:08:38 pm »

Good video Mr T, maybe you should send the council this video. You never know summut may get done then about it all.
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 07:58:39 pm »

Some more good pictures Mr T keep them  coming and keep up the good work and we are here all behind you in what ever it takes  Grin Grin Shocked Shocked
Mr T

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 02:20:28 pm »

A RECIPE FOR DISASTER

INGREDIENTS

1. ONE BURNT OUT HOUSE WITH NO FENCING AROUND IT COMPLETE WITH TWO PRECARIOUSLY LOOKING CHIMNEY'S

2. A GALE FORCE WIND

METHOD

MIX TOGETHER THE GALE FORCE WIND AND THE TWO PRECARIOUSLY LOOKING CHIMNEY'S

RESULT

THE POSSIBILITY OF SOMEONE GETTING SERIOUSLY INJURED (IF NOT KILLED)

THE TWO CHIMNEY'S HAVE BEEN BLOWN OVER IN THE WIND

THIS IS A DIFFERENT HOUSE, BUT THIS IS HOW THE CHIMNEY STACKS LOOK AFTER A FIRE

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 02:26:47 pm »

nice one MrT. they could at least offered all the residents a hard hat. funny thing is that you have just made a great point. health and safety is not governed by WMDC but by the executive. its got to be worth a short letter Wink
Popeye

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 06:02:19 pm »

Once the whole job lot is sorted and the new housing estate is built is there any reason to expect these terroriists ( kids, arsonists, vandels or what ever you want to call em ) not to carry on with their dirty trade. Perhaps the deal is you get 24/7 private security with a hospital, ambulance and armed police,

Who wants to live in a house like this. Grin Grin
Mr T

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 05:03:50 pm »

TUESDAY 24TH JUNE

The block of houses with the fallen chimney's have been demolished today and the demolition team have entered an empty block of houses (an empty block next to a resident) and cleared out all the furniture that was inside. I can't understand why because there is still another two blocks of burnt out houses that need to come down before this block, surely they should be first! Anyway, all they have done with the furniture is dump it in the front garden (See photo). After the record number of arson attacks on the estate in the last month, and the fact a resident's car is parked close by in the driveway, that is the last thing they should have done with it. Not only that, don't they think the place looks bad enough to start with? There is also the fact that it will also encourage more people to dump their own rubbish!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
banter

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 03:39:55 pm »

That is just an invite for someone to walk up and drop a match. Reading between the lines it is intimidation. English dictionary says ...... Intimidation is intentional behavior "which would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities" fear of injury or harm.
Mr T

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »

UPDATE!

The rubbish has now been moved, but that's only because someone reported it, so it probably would have still been there otherwise! None the less, it shouldn't have been left there in the first place! It may have only been there for one night, but one night is all it needed for someone to torch it! Luckily. it didn't happen!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 04:12:19 pm »

All the burnt out houses have now been demolished and the house mentioned in the last post (that had it's content's dumped in the front garden) has now been fenced off, so it's obvious that this is the next one to be demolished! Take a look at the following picture and tell me what has possessed them to leave it like this? It was secure before they fenced it off! The arsonists eyes would light up if he saw this, and look at how close the resident on the right is to it! This house was the very first house to be fired, but it was put out immedietely and so the roof is very much still intact and would easily burn again!

AN OPEN INVITATION TO THE GIRNHILL LANE ARSONIST

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 05:11:15 pm »

UPDATE

The house has now been re-secured! I have been informed it was reported, otherwise it would have been left like that!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 07:42:30 pm »

glad to hear the complaints are getting some help Wink
i have not heard anything about the next meeting? anyone know when it is.
i have had a thought. if there is no meeting then someone should write a simple letter requesting from the freedom of information officer the name of the designated contractor. they could make you wait 28 days. worth it as the answer will be the result or not and push the whole problem to be resolved within a 28 day span. could it now be that easy? Wink
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 10:38:19 pm »

Mr T this morning i wacthed a program on bbc1 called don't get done get dom and he had someone from newcastle on who had a c.p.o agains't his house and the presenter Dom Littlewood got him a fair deal for his house so i thought of you lot on the girnhill estate,  if you want to watch the program it should be on the bbc web page or if you want to get in touch with him go to bbc.co.uk /consumer
karen

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 04:40:09 pm »

yes i saw that he did help them get stuff sorted we ort to have thing like that round here
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum