Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:10:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 3

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 3  (Read 6607 times)
Mr T

« on: May 31, 2008, 03:45:23 pm »

I HAVE MADE A VIDEO SHOWING THE DECLINE OF THE GIRNHILL LANE ESTATE USING PHOTOGRAPHS THAT I HAVE TAKEN! SPEAKERS REQUIRED! THE BACKING TRACK IS CALLED "TENSION" WHICH I THOUGHT WAS APPROPRIATELY NAMED AND IT'S HAUNTING SOUND IS ALSO APPROPRIATE!

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 05:57:37 pm »

Very poignant mr T, brought a lump to my throat Sad
Greencatcher

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:38:17 pm »

Well done Mr T.  It sent shivers down my spine the whole time I was watching it.  It really brought it home to me how bad it really is.
karen

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 10:59:04 pm »

well mr t i lived up there for 14 years it gave me tears to my eyes i was there when they pulled my house down what went wrong were all thinking of you all
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 11:20:32 am »

11 out of 10 for the dvd MrT. keep fighting Smiley
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 06:24:37 pm »

i am on post office road and i can see large amounts of smoke from down there?

i was passed this by Mr T from the Evening post on Friday,

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Featherstone-estate-is-dubbed-39vandals39.4134820.jp

if it is you guys on fire my my heart goes out to you. multiple arson has to be worth looking at? Sad
Mr T

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:07:55 pm »

You are absolutely right yetion1, 3rd one this week! This time I have video footage to post as well as photo's! I will post it all a bit later on!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 04:20:48 pm »

SUNDAY 1ST JUNE

The 3rd arson attack on an empty block of houses within a week and all 3 have occured 3 days later...Mon...Wed...Sun! This time I have posted video footage as this tells the story much better than a photograph! I only took the 1 photograph (included) as the majority of it is on video! It was recorded in 3 stages as the battery on the camera was flat and I had to keep running home and charging it for a few mins to get a bit of power and so missed it when it was at it's peak! You can tell that from the fact that the roof is there one minute and gone the next, so it looks tame, but as you have seen from my previous photo's, when it's at it's peak, it's quite fierce! The firewall also prevented the fire from spreading to next door where normally, the fire breaks through and spreads rapidly and the entire block goes up! Thank god it did it's job as someone lives in the block next door! There is a lot of chit chat going on in the background and around me as it had attracted quite a crowd! For some strange reason, the first 5 seconds of the video is black...but keep watching and it magically appears!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:49:02 pm »

out standing footage. 11 out of 10 again MrT. sounds like there could have been people seen running away. i also like the youngsters comment "verners burning", and was corrected it was ashcroft. funny thing is Verner could be next. Angry
Mr T

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 11:52:10 am »

Ooooo...I forgot to tell you all...and it's good news for a change, but before I continue, if you are not sitting down already, I would suggest that you do because this is just unbelievable! On Friday, the residents of Girnhill Lane were very privilaged to have the mini road sweeper come round and sweep all the pavements for us! I've dusted off the Royal Doulton just in case it's the Queen that's coming to visit us and I can offer her a cup of tea! WHAT??? you don't believe me about the road sweeper? Mmm...how can I prove it? Well you know Mr T doesn't miss a thing up here and so ladies and gentlemen....I present........MR SWEEP!

MR SWEEP

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Forkhandles

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »

BLOODY ELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or is it the calm before the storm Roll Eyes
Mr T

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 10:43:34 pm »

WEDNESDAY 4TH JUNE

Can you remember what I put in my post on Sunday 1st June regarding the record number of arson attacks on empty houses that have occured this week? All three incidents were 3 days apart...Monday, Thursday and Sunday! So that meant if the arsonists were sticking to their pattern, then the next one would be today (Wed). Well Hey presto! The house that was targeted on Thursday (in which the fire only destroyed half of the block) has been targeted again (Wed of course) and finished off completely (See video)! 2 people from neighbourhood watch decided to have a tootle round in their car afterwards, talk about shutting the gate when the horse has bolted! I have removed the sound from the video as it was quite noisy! Apologies if I seem to keep posting the same stuff, but this is how life is up here and it's all part of the diary!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 06:51:29 pm »

In a previous post, I posted a slide show using various photograph's that I have taken over time and used some software for displaying photograph's like that! I also have a video editing program that I haven't really had the chance to use, so I thought I'd try it out using the estate again! Now you can have a virtual tour of the estate and see it all in real time! Note all the empty spaces, the fenced off area's, burnt out houses and vandalised street lights!  Once again I needed some appropriate music or song and decided on the one you will here! Listen to the words of it as you watch the video! I think a lot of it is very appropriate! This video, along with the slide show is all for the next meeting with the council and will be played by a fellow forum member on front of the protest line!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 07:21:07 pm »

now that has to be your best ever piece. i am sure this well made video will be around for the next 100 years.
just bloody great my man. dont stop. Smiley
Mr T

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 07:41:29 pm »

Monday 9th June and another block of houses goes up in flames! The video & pictures will be posted later on and are the most dramatic one's I've captured so far! WATCH THIS SPACE!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 09:00:50 pm »

Saw all the smoke  earlier on Mr T i wondered where it was all coming from looking forward to the pictures and keep up the good work Grin Grin Grin Huh
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:07:12 pm »

i was on by way back from Streethouse at 7.20pm and could see lots of toxic smoke from the Girnhill and i was at the common. i had to call by and found yet another block of 2 houses burning. the fire brigade were looking on and letting it go so they could then die out the ashes. i cannot blame the firemen but i can count the extra hours they are clocking up. someone somewhere is suffering because the Girnhill is always burning.
bloody 24 hour securitty is needed. Angry
Popeye

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 10:26:24 pm »

Video a work of art Mr T.

Sadest thing for me was to witness it myself tonight. You guys down there are made of the same stuff the Nazi's tried to destroy during the blitz of Londons docklands. My undying admiration and support goes to you all,  Angry Angry Angry
Mr T

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 01:45:54 pm »

MONDAY 9TH JUNE

This is the video of the latest arson attack on the Girnhill Lane Estate! The 5th one in the last 2 weeks alone!! This is what it looks like when both houses go up simultaneously! In the last couple of attacks, the fire has been kept contained within the one house by the fire wall, but on this occasion, like on the majority that have gone up, the wind was blowing in the right direction and fans the flames throughout and a remaining residents house gets totally smothered by the choking smoke which eventually turns black and even more toxic! The still photographs are also included!

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER ARSON ATTACK ON THE GIRNHILL LANE ESTATE

A RESIDENT'S HOUSE OPPOSITE THE INFERNO (LEFT) IS BARELY VISIBLE

THE SMOKE NOW TURNS BLACK AND EVEN MORE TOXIC

"I PITY THE FOOL"
karen

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 07:57:16 pm »

that is shocking i just dont understand why anyone could do this it makes me feel like there getting paid to do this because they seem to be going down a lot more now what will be next

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum