Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:47:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 3  (Read 6812 times)
Mr T

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2008, 05:28:51 pm »

The last resident from Hawthorne Avenue has gone this week and his house boarded up and as I type this (Thursday 21st August @ 5:26) the fire brigade are attending the shed in the back garden! Surprise Surprise!
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:25 pm »

the garage at the rear has been crow bared. £5 its in flames before tuesday. get ready with camera and sightings. i would love to get an ID on the person doing it,

WHITE MALE UNDER 16!

out of interest i have been sent this,

BBC show what is happening to our houses- don't miss this

What with the wet summer, rising bills and the credit crunch you may feel there has not been much to smile about lately.
There are still plenty of people trying to prevent the demolition of their homes, and many more desperately seeking affordable housing.
Why not sit down this Thursday evening at 9pm with a nice cup of tea and watch the witty BBC 3 programme 'Cheap Homes' ?For Sale in the Mischief series.
These are the guys who ran a mock auction for number 42 Kelvin Grove in Liverpool 8 which is a fine family home currently under threat of demolition and raised a bid of 90k for the house they say is 'obsolete'?

Cheap homes for sale ?promises to be a well informed, razor sharp look at the growing housing crisis. ?Judging from the preview clips there should be plenty of laughs.

The show is repeated on ;?Broadcasts DATES : CHEAP HOMES FOR SALE? BBC THREE
21 Aug 2008 - 21:00 - First
21 Aug 2008 - 23:50
26 Aug 2008 - 01:10 am
28 Aug 2008 ? 01.35 am
04 Sep 2008 ? 01.35 am
Or you can watch ?it on the BBC I Player

See this web-site for the programme flyer http://www.norfolkandholmes.co.uk/notices.php

The BBC's press release is below and attached as a PDF file. It give a taster of the fun to come.
Please forward this to others who might need a laugh.

Liverpool under spotlight in NEW BBC 3 Documentary, 'CHEAP HOMES FOR SALE?'? tx 21st August, 9pm.

I'm very excited to attach the Press Release for CHEAP HOMES FOR SALE? , programme 2 in the new series of BBC 3?s MISCHIEF strand.? The press release also includes details on the 5 other films in the series.

Through the eyes of newly married presenter Alex Riley, the film takes us on a jaw-dropping journey under the covers of Britain's bulging housing crisis.? During the second half of the film we explore the huge number of empty houses across Britain and in particular focus on the situation in Liverpool.

Can one man's mission to find a home, beat the estate agents and ease the country's property headache possibly end in success?

BROADCAST DATE, 21st of August at 9pm on BBC 3.

Should you require press DVD?s of the shows or cleared photos please do not hesitate cherrelle.duggleby@bbc.co.uk at the BBC Press Office 020 8576 9900.

Presenter and journalist Alex Riley

MUST SEE WEBSITE: www.bbc.co.uk/mischief and www.norfolkandholmes.co.uk

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2008, 07:15:40 pm »

Dear yetion1

You have raised a large number of points in your e-mail, so I have forwarded it on to a number of colleagues across the departments concerned for a more detailed answer.  In respect of the 1st July meeting, this was a notional date suggested by Cllr Binnersley as a good opportunity to advise residents of the successful developer and convenient for Members also.  Once it became clear that further clarification would be needed this date was postponed.  Residents on the Estate have received a letter advising them of the delays in appointing the developer and the reasons why.  The clarification exercise is just coming to a close and the reports for Cabinet will be going in September.  Once the developer is appointed, we shall arrange a residents' event so that they can look at the submission in detail.  Once a date is known we shall write to residents again.

With respect to the demolition notices, only one person has contacted me and I have responded fully in writing.  You are correct that some of the properties have already been demolished.  This has been as a result of these properties being damaged as a result of arson attacks and in need of demolition more quickly.

Part 31 of The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995, section 31 states;

“A.2    Development is permitted by Class A subject to the following conditions—

(a)  where demolition is urgently necessary in the interests of safety or health and the measures immediately necessary in such interests are the demolition of the building the developer shall, as soon as reasonably practicable, give the local planning authority a written justification of the demolition”

Discussions with Planning colleagues took place and it was agreed that these properties should be demolished as soon as possible given their condition following the fires, and given that preliminary works to remove services had been done.  This action is in support of the Council’s commitment for the health and safety of the remaining residents as a key priority.  Although Planning had been given verbal notice of the demolitions, this notice forms the written justification and so they have been included in the new application. 

I would refute that I have told anyone that there are typing errors on the notice, and to ignore it.  I am advised that the notice is legally correct.  I have checked with colleagues who have confirmed that no calls have been received in respect of the demolitions in my absence.  I am concerned if this message has been conveyed and if you can provide any further information, I will investigate.  A property has been included on the demolition notice where residents are still living;  this is because this resident is moving very imminently to another property.  I discussed this with them, to ensure that they were not anxious when the notices were put up.  The notice merely allows us to make arrangements for the preparatory work prior to demolition, once they have gone.  I can state that no property will be demolished whilst residents are still living there.

I shall come back to you once I have received information in respect of points 1 - 4 in your e-mail.  Given that you are acting on behalf of a resident, it might be prudent to provide their details, and I will contact them direct as opposed to responding through a third party.

Janet Howley

Regeneration Manager
Mr T

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2008, 09:42:12 pm »

Mmm...The resident in question is moving imminently according to Mrs Howley? If it's the same resident I was talking to the other day, they inform me that unless they get what they are asking for, they are not moving anywhere! The mind boggles!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2008, 09:57:27 pm »

I forgot to mention, Mrs Howley mentions "THE" resident in question is moving soon...there are "TWO" properties on the list which are still occupied...what's the excuse for the "OTHER" resident then? They moving soon too? I smell a rat!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2008, 07:32:02 pm »

I have found out today that the resident's from one of the two houses listed for demolition are indeed moving in January, but it's not the one's I've been talking to, who said they weren't going anywhere unless they got what they want, it's the others! So two properties listed for demolition that are still occupied and one lot going...what about the others though? All I can think of is that the council are going to give them what they want!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2008, 09:36:47 pm »

better smelling rats on the estate care of WMDC Shocked

WHAT EVER NEXT? STREET LIGHTS? Wink

yorkshire water has been around the lane today asking questions about the flooding drains. after my problems i showed him your hard core filled drains. he was knocking to answer but wrote a load down Grin
Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:59 pm »

Featherstone Proverb

red sky at night Girnhill's alight
karen

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2008, 10:15:34 pm »

The fire brigade were round again last night attending to something in the gardens! I will post the details when I have them!
can i ask has evryone up there asked for one person to speak for you all
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2008, 11:23:05 am »

the residents have a solicitor and a main contact. solicitors cost money. the more help they get the better.
karen

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2008, 12:33:41 pm »

the residents have a solicitor and a main contact. solicitors cost money. the more help they get the better.
thats what i ment is there someone who lives there still that speeks for them
Mr T

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2008, 01:54:42 pm »

Once again, the fire brigade was up here last night attending to something behind one of the houses that they were at a couple of nights ago! My guess is that because they cannot get into the houses, they are resorting to setting fire to things in the gardens and/or the grass! Do you think that's a good enough reason to have the grass cut up here now Mrs Howley because if the grass takes hold, especially next to a resident, who knows what could happen!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
karen

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2008, 07:25:19 pm »

it doesent seem to matter to them just hope they come and do something soon
Mr T

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »

I have been informed that the recent fires have been dumped rubbish being set alight .i.e. Chairs (from 3 piece suites) etc! I don't know if anyone has seen the latest addition to our collection of dumped furniture! A full sized bed mattress! The fly tipping (like the fires) is getting out of control and of course, nothing is being done about that either!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2008, 06:28:48 pm »

There was another fire last night! If you remember in an earlier post, I posted a video of a van on fire in someone's garden...well that same garden was targeted again last night (Mon 1st Sept)! The out building was set alight and they broke some of the downstairs windows of the house, but as always, nothing will be done! That was the second time in about an hour that the fire brigade came up here! I don't what where they went the first time as they went straight up so it could have been Verner Street the first time or possibly Girnhill again!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 06:47:16 pm »

right its time for some s**t to fly Angry. calendar will be on the estate thursday about 12.15pm filming   Grin.

to all supporters time to get off your ass and go and give your voice. they need to know it all Wink.
Mr T

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2008, 07:09:33 pm »

The rats have started to appear again but it's not suprising with the gardens in the state they are!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2008, 07:29:43 pm »

I have just seen a W.M.D.C. van doing the rounds...funny how they always seem to appear when word get's out about the cameras coming! Does anyone want to take a bet that tomorrow morning, all the cleaning team will be out in force....i.e. Road sweepers, rubbish removal vans, grass cutting team etc etc!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
karen

« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2008, 07:59:34 pm »

right its time for some s**t to fly Angry. calendar will be on the estate thursday about 12.15pm filming   Grin.

to all supporters time to get off your ass and go and give your voice. they need to know it all Wink.
count me in how many do we need
Mr T

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2008, 03:37:03 pm »

News bulletin about the estate should be on Calendar tonight (Thu 4th) at 6:00PM.

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum