Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:14:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

why should we vote

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why should we vote  (Read 541 times)
karen

« on: September 11, 2008, 08:01:13 am »

please tell me why should i vote ever again cos im sick of lies
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RainbowWarrior

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:03:27 pm »

I vote because my grandmother was a supporter of the Suffragette Movement as a young girl. Those women fought a long hard battle and some lost their lives to get us the right to vote.
I believe we should all use our vote to make our town and country a better place to live.
If you don't vote, don't complain if you don't like what happens.

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
fev.angel

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:09:47 pm »

my heart is with you many of our grandparents fought for what we have now and respect goes to each and everyone of them

i agree if you don`t vote don`t come complaining

same rules diffent players
karen

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:16:43 pm »

who do you vote for tho its not allways that easy to look back at what ether of the sides have done
Forkhandles

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:30:46 pm »

If theres nobody who i agree with, who do i vote for, would it make me a hypocrite to vote for someone i did'nt want in? Grin
karen

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 05:55:43 pm »

you could be right  Huh Huh Huh
jaffa2

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 10:40:38 am »

i agree with karen, if all the parties put as mich effort into working to get featherstone a better place as they do nit picking and slagging each other off then featherstone would become a much better place.

Willow

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 01:18:38 pm »

I have been voting for the same party all my voting years mainly because that's who my parents voted for. To be honest politics was never at the top of my list. Come to think of it I don't think it was even on the list. Voting day was more like a family outing to me in my younger days. We all walked to the polling station together, put our little crosses in the same box and then took a slow walk home. I realise that my voting actions now affect my children's future, the education they receive, the jobs they will get, and the homes and towns they will live in. I for one will be looking into who promises to deliver what's important to me, my family and the town i live in and has delivered on their promises in the past. They will get my vote even if that means changing the habit of a lifetime. 
RainbowWarrior

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:00:29 am »

Well said Willow. I consider the past record of the parties and what their promises for the future are. It is very important to consider things like education, the health service, services for the elderly and the very young.That's probably why I don't follow the normal pattern in Feath.I don't follow my parents and my grandparents, in fact i could guess at how they voted but I don't know for sure as it was considered a private matter.

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
karen

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 07:44:54 am »

Well said Willow. I consider the past record of the parties and what their promises for the future are. It is very important to consider things like education, the health service, services for the elderly and the very young.That's probably why I don't follow the normal pattern in Feath.I don't follow my parents and my grandparents, in fact i could guess at how they voted but I don't know for sure as it was considered a private matter.
do you feel it should be a private matter i voted indi the last twice
Willow

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:40:26 am »

It was never a secret my parents voted labour. Where I lived most people did I think. When I was growing up I always thought that all working class people voted Labour and only those with money voted Conservative. Now I think if they spent as much time working on issues that really matter instead of back stabbing each other and looking for the next scandal to discredit the opposition, then maybe this country would be a lot better off. All politicians lie its a matter of who lies the best.
karen

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:01:43 pm »

It was never a secret my parents voted labour. Where I lived most people did I think. When I was growing up I always thought that all working class people voted Labour and only those with money voted Conservative. Now I think if they spent as much time working on issues that really matter instead of back stabbing each other and looking for the next scandal to discredit the opposition, then maybe this country would be a lot better off. All politicians lie its a matter of who lies the best.
i would love to see all fev work together

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum