Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:35:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pre 74 is the way to go.

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre 74 is the way to go.  (Read 342 times)
maff
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:33:33 pm »

In my very humble opinion the way to go for this town is to become totally seperated from WMDC and become a totally independant town council. Use the rates collected from our own residents to pay for street cleaning, bins emptying, grass cutting and so forth. We can pay for police and all the other services we need out of our money. Instead of using our rates to pay for bridges in Cas and revamped bullrings in Wakefield we could use it to develop our own place like we used to do 200 years before WMDC took over and ruined the place.
Featherstone rates for Featherstone people. Revolution is what is needed and de-centralization from the 29 million black hole they call fast improving Council. Fast improving? give it a rest.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RainbowWarrior

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:08:25 pm »

The Town was certainly better under Featherstone Urban District Council. We would still have our Swimming Baths, Town Hall, a Park with a fountain, bowling green, boating lake and a ranger that kept the children in order. No-one was afraid to use the park in those days. Station Lane was busy with a good selection of shops. WMDC has certainly been the death of Feath.

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
karen

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:17:30 am »

The Town was certainly better under Featherstone Urban District Council. We would still have our Swimming Baths, Town Hall, a Park with a fountain, bowling green, boating lake and a ranger that kept the children in order. No-one was afraid to use the park in those days. Station Lane was busy with a good selection of shops. WMDC has certainly been the death of Feath.
i have to agree with you i used to play in that fountain in purston park and on the boating lake and we wouldent have dared to do anything wrong
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 09:28:01 pm »

Does anyone know who the Featherstone Cllrs were in 1974?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum