Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:09:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

FEATHERSTONE MASTER PLAN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FEATHERSTONE MASTER PLAN  (Read 6959 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 10:55:16 pm »

Dear  Wink

Many thanks for your recent Email regarding various issues.

Regarding your request for a meeting in Featherstone this Thursday. Unfortunately, I already have other appointments on Thursday. However, I would be happy to meet with you at a mutually convenient date. Perhaps you could contact my PA, Sara Hall who would be more than happy to arrange this with you. Sara can be contacted on 01924 306951.

I am pleased that you have now received the minutes from the Steering Group. You will note from those minutes that the group comprises of a small number of strategic organisations with senior level representation. If you feel that there are gaps in the representation and/or that you would like to be part of that group, I would ask you to write directly to either myself or Councillor Kay Binnersley who chairs the group. The request can then be discussed at the next available steering group meeting. We have followed this approach with other requests. I can advise you that the steering group are proposing to hold an open forum meeting at some time in the autumn. This will be open to all local organisations and members of the public.

The works on the precinct are designed to tie in with the shop front improvements which are being led by the Chamber of trade. Together we hope that these works will significantly improve the environment of the precinct. Your comments regarding the removal of "ornate floor plates" are noted, but I will have to speak to colleagues before I am able to respond more fully. I can however confirm that all works have to comply with relevant health & safety legislation. If you have concerns regarding the conduct of the contractors, please contact the Project Manager, Andrew Woodhead (01924 304598). I have sent a copy of your Email to Andrew so that he can investigate the standard of the works.

Finally, I am sorry to hear of the anti-social behaviour resulting in damage to your works. We will do what we can minimise opportunities for this kind of activity, but ultimately  criminal activity is a matter for the police. Similar issues have been raised at the Steering Group in the past and I will bring this latest activity to the attention of the wider group at our next meeting.

Kind regards,

Andy Wallhead
Corporate Director Regeneration, Culture and Sport
Wakefield MDC
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum