Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:15:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

WAR MEMORIAL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WAR MEMORIAL  (Read 10796 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »

Interesting that Cllr Taylors Face Book profile changed very quickly after the last comment including his picture wearing the Featherstone Council Mayor chains an unusual quote. Roll Eyes

The lengths some political parties will go to in Featherstone just gets sadder and sadder.
Wouldn’t have thought much more about the latest slur campaign if it wasn’t for a lovely old Featherstone lady I met in the street today.
After the 80 plus lady had finished her emotional and colorful outburst I could not ne intrigued by her comments. By the sounds of it on Saturday morning at the Christian church on Wilson street there was a coffee morning as usual. What had offended the lady were the labour party council people who were going around the people at the meeting. The Labour lot were spinning a yarn yet again about the war memorial and asking people to sign a petition. The 80 plus year old lady was definitely not having it. She quoted a petition that she had been sent on the internet. She was already furious that the internet petition has an incorrect write up about its meaning that is one sided and avoids the facts such as the memorial wall in the garden is just that. The sponsor’s plaques are 180% away from these on separate walls. The lady was also infuriated that the comments she had read were from people who had not actually seen the memorial.
Good to the ladies word she sent me the link which made me chuckle knowing she is 80 plus and able to use the internet and send an e-email. Have to say I agree with her comments. If someone has an issue they have a right to peruse what ever avenue they wish so long as it is honest and none political. From what can be read so far this is not the case.
So the reason Featherstone is again falling further and further behind with every aspect of regeneration looks to be simply that the elected cllrs are to busy with false holy grails.
Looks like its back to people power. Recon banners above shops advertising “come in and sign a petition for many Featherstone problems” would get some good national press. One banner per shop per problem.
Interesting the labour lot only ask a majority senior collection. Wonder what the reaction would be if they asked every business on Station Lane.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum