Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:47:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 6882 times)
Mr T

« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2008, 03:19:20 pm »

Some of the holes from the work that Morrisons are doing on the estate have been filled in on one street (GOOD). Unfortunetly, they didn't sweep up after them (BAD). It does actually look worse than what it is in the photo and as you can see, it goes all the way down to the bottom of the street!

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Ruthie

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

My dear Mr T.
If they swept the all the mess onto the road then the road sweeper would have to come and sweep it up, but it'd all go into the gutters.
Then, they would have to come and clean all the guttering out. . . or leave it to build up . . . which could lead to blocked drains and what not. . . leading to flooding. . . thus creating more work which ever way you look at it  . . .

sorry. . .  little rant. . . i'll be quiet now. . . Embarrassed

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
Mr T

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2008, 03:36:51 pm »

1) They could have swept it up and chucked it an empty garden (cos there's nothing to hurt  Grin)
2) Some of the drains are filled up anyway!
3) I don't know what to put for No.3
4) Bad grammer in your last post Ruthie, TUT TUT...that's not like you HEE HEE  Grin (If they swept the all the mess?)

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Ruthie

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2008, 03:44:19 pm »

hehe, sorry about the grammer Mr T, its what comes of useing the forum, whilst 'trying' doing revision for an exam tomorrow i know im going to balls up.
Featherstonian lectures me about my grammer all the time . . . maybe i should start again in year 7, knowing the things i know now Grin

How about

My dear Mr T.
If they were to sweep all the mess onto the road then the road sweeper would have to come and sweep it up, but it'd all go into the gutters.
Then, they would have to come and clear out all the guttering . . . or leave it to build up . . . this however could lead to blocked drains and what not. . . leading to flooding. . . thus creating more work which ever way you look at it  . . .

that any better?  Grin

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
Mr T

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2008, 09:03:04 pm »

Once again, as I type this, 2 empty houses are being attended to by the fire brigade as they are going up in flames! Pictures will be posted tomorrow!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2008, 12:04:58 pm »

The house fire photo's from last night (26-5-08) as promised! Another normal day on Girnhill Lane! The last one's are slightly darker because night was falling and I was too far away for the flash to have any affect! I didn't go any closer as I had just got out of the bath and didn't want to stink of smoke, and believe me, there was some as you can see! I ask the question once again...WHY ARE THESE FIRE'S NEVER INVESTIGATED? Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry   Angry  Angry

GOING.......

GOING.......

GONE.......

THIS PICTURE IS TO SHOW YOU EXACTLY HOW MANY HOUSES HAVE NOW BEEN TARGETED BY ARSONISTS! I KNOW FOR A FACT THERE WAS MORE THAN WHAT IS SHOWN HERE BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM ALL, SO IMAGINE A FEW MORE DOTS ON THE PICTURE! RED SQUARES INDICATE BLOCKS OF 2 HOUSES AND YELLOW SQUARES INDICATE BLOCKS OF 4 HOUSES

"I PITY THE FOOL"
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2008, 02:57:23 pm »

It's about time someone got off their backsides and do something about stopping these fires it's getting ridiculous for those of you that live on the estate up there.  And it's getting diabolical to say that nobody is doing anything about them. Sad Sad Sad Shocked
rapper67

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2008, 07:13:16 pm »

fabulous post again mr t can i have copies of the pictures for the wall of shame you would not believe the number of people  that stop and read it keep up the good work got a meeting soon with wmdc and the developer dont know when
Popeye

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2008, 07:27:44 pm »

It's about time someone got off their backsides and do something about stopping these fires it's getting ridiculous for those of you that live on the estate up there.  And it's getting diabolical to say that nobody is doing anything about them. Sad Sad Sad Shocked

Tell you what Pauline if the residents and us supporting them patrolled the estate at night carrying baseball bats the police would be all over us.
Forkhandles

« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2008, 07:37:40 pm »

Wonder how much they're getting paid to start the fires, OOOOPS, shouldn't have said that should i Lips sealed Lips sealed
Greencatcher

« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2008, 01:11:17 pm »

And now the drains are blocked, I don`t know where on the estate but workmen have checked mine twice now looking for the blockage further down the road.
Mr T

« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2008, 01:21:32 pm »

It's always the same when they are demolishing a property! You can guarantee they will bugger something up! What have we had so far...Mmm...let's see...electric cut off, water cut off and god knows how many times they have knackered up the drainage causing everything to back up! Fair's fair though regarding the water, that was the utility people's fault and not the demolition team but they still lead in the **** up department!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2008, 10:45:18 pm »

In my last post, I posted pictures of the latest house's to go up in flames (Monday 26th May). Well fast forward only "3" days to Thursday 29th May (9:30PM) and the ones next door to those have also been targeted! The pictures are slightly blurry due to the fact I'm far away (Stood in the exact same place I was stood last time to be precise) and I'm using night vision which uses a slower shutter speed!

MORE HOUSES GO UP IN FLAMES!

THE BURNT OUT SHELL FROM THE ATTACK 3 DAYS AGO IS ILLUMINATED (RIGHT)

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Guardian
Administrator

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »

End of Archive 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum