Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:19:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 6933 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 09:22:48 pm »

For those of you that missed it or for those of you that want to know what is still going through 5 years + down the line, click on the link below! This is the story that was on Look North last month about the estate!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7280000/newsid_7281600/7281619.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&bbcws=1
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Mr T

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 09:16:11 am »

Another letter you may find interesting Yetion1! Like I mentioned in my last post, demolition seems to have stopped again and all they have been doing for the last few weeks is tidying up! Someone asked one of the demolition men today when Jack's house was being knocked down, to which his reply was "When we get told to"! They have put a bit more fence around it but that didn't stop someone going in today (2nd April). Where's these "robust arrangements" as stated?

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 09:18:02 am »

Update to my last post! There has been no one working at all today on Girnhill, the digger hasn't moved one bit! The driver did call up in his car I noticed, but that's all he did! Is that it then I wonder? Why don't they just hurry up and get them all demolished instead of farting about!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 09:48:29 am »

A NEWS ARTICLE FROM THE YORKSHIRE POST 28TH SEPTEMBER 2006

This lady (along with others) was in the same boat we are in now and a high court judge ruled the "CPO" was not justified and constitutes a breach of the human rights act!

INTERESTING READING DON'T YA THINK WMDC?

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 09:56:56 am »

Thats a very intersting read, food for thought Mr T.
Mr T

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 03:33:56 pm »

Isn't it just? A lot of very interesting things in that article  Grin

I have just found out some information regarding the burnt out house (Jack's house). Apparantly they cannot demolish it now until the end of May / June because a blue tit has started to nest in it! (I've been told somewhere near the alarm box on the outside)

"I PITY THE FOOL"
eleanora

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 07:03:06 pm »

one more resident went this weekend,at least three more going soon
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 07:03:18 pm »

Update to my last post! There has been no one working at all today on Girnhill, the digger hasn't moved one bit! The driver did call up in his car I noticed, but that's all he did! Is that it then I wonder? Why don't they just hurry up and get them all demolished instead of farting about!
our new friend from WMDC highways has been to see me today. he has made repeated visits to the estate and also has not been able to find any workmen or more mess. he didny leave it there. he has tracked the demolishion men down to another site and given them a warning there about the roads left on Girnhill. his best bit of info is that the contractors said that they had only 2 more houses to knock down? my question is when will they start again?
apparently i have a full written report arriving soon. i will let you know.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »

this news paper article is a grail. the woman, paper and web site need contacting and this post giving. it could be very inportant.
eleanora

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 07:10:27 pm »

only two to knock down ,what about the rest of them?
i think there are about six pairs empty now,with more to come, what are they gonna do?leave them?
Mr T

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 07:13:30 pm »

I agree eleanora! I've noticed the notice has gone off the telegraph pole with all the listed properties to be demolished! Every single remaining empty property was on their! Shame I couldn't get it to scan it!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
conscience

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 08:09:22 pm »

only two to knock down ,what about the rest of them?
i think there are about six pairs empty now,with more to come, what are they gonna do?leave them?
WMDC were given a deadline of April 1st to remove all the empty pairs of houses before birds started nesting, due to their bad managing skills this deadline has now passed and no more demolition can take place until an independent wildlife expert inspects the roof space for birds and bats. If any wildlife are found then it is illegal to demolish the property until the wildlife have left or have been killed by the arson attacks
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 10:02:41 pm »

It's about time all the residents on the estate got a fair deal and a like for like is what they are wanting and they have got a lot of people who will help them until they get it. Grin Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 10:14:10 pm »

i can feel a letter coming on to Janet, of who she is going to employ and when to look after wildlife infront of the increased demolision. Grin
Buffy

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 12:58:41 pm »

Yes i have also noticed the sign has gone, when i last read the sign it stated that there was around 12-14 houses to come down so far only 6 have gone and there stopping i ask why. What happened to knocking the houses down on Ashcroft Road as it was stated, why are the council pushing it back all the time, i've noticed its not taking as much time to knock crystal drinks down as it is the empty houses on Girnhill.
Mr T

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 01:53:54 pm »

Well as I type this, there is 2 men from the demolition firm loading the digger onto the back of a low loader which does indeed confirm, demolition has once again stopped! Read my letter from an earlier post about what was happening to the remaining empty houses on the estate! I REST MY CASE!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 03:17:39 pm »

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THESE SO CALLED "CHOICES" WE WERE GOING TO BE OFFERED IN 2005?
OPTION 2 TALKS ABOUT REINSTATING SOME HOUSES (WHY NOT DO THAT TO THEM ALL IN THE 1ST PLACE?)
OPTION 3 IS CALLED "RESIDENTS FIRST PREFERENCE" HA HA THAT'S A LAUGH (REINSTATION MENTIONED AGAIN)

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 07:50:06 pm »

LATEST PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN TODAY (WED 9TH APRIL) AND OH YES IT'S YET ANOTHER OPEN HOUSE!
YOUTHS LATER WENT INSIDE AND SMASHED ALL THE DOWNSTAIRS WINDOWS!

THE SAME YOUTHS THREW GLASS ITEMS OUT ONTO THE STREET MAKING IT LOOK A RIGHT MESS AND ALSO CREATED A DANGER TO PEDESTRIANS AND TO THE TYRES OF PASSING VEHICLES!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 08:26:05 pm »

THIS PROPERTY HAS NOW BEEN DEMOLISHED, BUT IT REMAINED LIKE THIS UP TO IT'S DEMOLITON DESPITE SOMEONE COMING ROUND WITH A PIECE OF PAPER AND A PEN (MUST HAVE BEEN HER SHOPPING LIST OR SOMETHING) AND SUPPOSEDLY NOTING DOWN UNSECURE PROPERTIES IN ORDER FOR THEM TO BE RE-SECURED!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 09:53:30 pm »

THE POLICE WERE CALLED TO HAWTHORN AVE TODAY FOR LOOTERS OF A NEWLY BOARDED HOUSE. THEY MISSED THEM Sad
I HAVE REPORTED THIS TO JANETS OFFICE AND ALSO THE HOUSE NEXT TO WHERE THE DIGGER WAS AS THE FENCE IS BEING USED AS A LADDER. THE REPLY WAS THEY WOULD BE OUT TODAY. FUNNY THING WAS JANETS OFFICE HAD THE SAME BET AS I THAT HAWTHORN WOULD BE BROKEN INTO WITHIN 24 HOURS. THEY BLOODY KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING.

ZIGGY, ZIGGY, ZIGGY. HMMMMM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum