Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:29:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 6883 times)
Mr T

« on: March 28, 2008, 06:07:35 pm »

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:47:35 pm »

Since Jacks house burnt I started complaining about it being boarded up. The excuse given was that they could not board it up as the chimney was unsafe. Yes it is unsafe and could fall on the poor buggar living next door.
After the meeting at Chesneys it was left clear that
1.   security patrols were in place
2.   weekly checks would be made on all the homes
3.   any unsafe property would be made safe

Since the meeting I and Roy have contacted Janet Howleys department and complained the 3 things had not been done. Still no response this week. Yesterday I had a rant.
9.00PM today Janet called me and gave me the same excuses her colleagues had given. A further excuse was that the demolition men were busy and would get to Jacks soon. Not good enough was my reply as the demolition men had spent most of the last 2 days playing with the kids and generally just tidying up. Janet disagreed with this and stated she had been on site and the work men were working. My reply was would she like the pictures I had taken over the afternoon?

WHOS LIEING JANNET?

It’s Friday and still no boarding up. Janet, im coming on Monday, get ready!
Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:14:26 pm »

Picture of Jacks house so Mrs Howley can find it.

karen

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 10:46:17 pm »

looking at the pics hurt what ever happend we have spent happy times sat with old jack haveing a coffee with him R I P JACK
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 07:02:46 pm »

As if things weren't bad enough on the estate, take a look at these pictures! This is how the demolition people are leaving the street after a days work! You have to see it to believe it!
my question is has anyone reported this mess? if so to who. this is an un safe highway. Angry

Thanks to Mr T for these photographs

Ruthie

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:13 pm »

Thats ridiclious!

Another thing, are the fences being left open?? Surely this is a magnet for teenagers to play on!?!?    Huh Undecided

Mmmm.... Barbie Wink
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 10:05:37 am »

please copy and alter this letter and send it in. the more the better.

30/03/2008
Highways & Engineering,
Wakefield MDC,
Environment Services,
PO Box 92, Newton Bar,
Wakefield
WF1 1XS
Phone: 0845 8 506 506

To whom it concerns,

I wish to report an unsafe highway that could result in death or injury to pedestrians and traffic.
As you will see from the pictures provided the road and path surface have been coated with mud. This has created a dangerous area similar to an ice ring. Pedestrians have a choice of walking the path and slipping or walking on the road in to traffic. Traffic is faced with a road and junction that they could slide out of control into pedestrians or worse still into some ones garden.
It has been explained to all residents that daily security patrols and weekly WMDC inspections are being carried out by Janet Howleys department. Either this is not being done or the dangerous situations on the estate are being ignored.
I believe it correct that to leave a highway in such a state requires a “highway closure licence” that is applied for from the police and then works in conjunction with Alex Spur at WMDC. Could you confirm a licence is in receipt?
This matter requires immediate attention. My reason for writing is that contact by phone to complain results in no action. I consider this letter a formal notification that the publics life is at present in danger.
I await your swift reply and actions,

Regards
Gareth Yates

Highways Highways@wakefield.gov.uk
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 01:35:36 pm »

please copy this letter and send your self.

Housing and public protection
Leeds road
Newton bar
Wakefield
WF1 2TX
30/03/08
janethowley@wakefield.gov.uk

To Janet Howley,

I have had to write to you as my spoken words appear to be neglected. By writing to you I am expecting action within the 28 days WMDC considers it should reply to all complaints.
At the last residents meeting facts were stated into the public realm regards your departments resources and actions,
1.   You are employing security to look over the Girnhill estate.
2.   You are making weekly visits to the estate to establish any un-boarded entry points to any un-occupied homes and will board them up correctly where needed.
3.   Any property that is un-safe shall be made so.

Since that meeting Councillor Roy Bickerton and I have contacted your department on a weekly basis to report infringement of the said. Three weeks later and I declare to you that not 1 action has been taken.
I would like to point out a case scenario, no 7 Ashcroft Avenue. This was a good friend of mines home and before his death. I said that I would look out for his home of many years. Like many other homes on the estate this one was systematically set on fire so that later on the local scum could ransack and loot precious metals.  No 7 has been burnt out for 4 weeks. In that time all manor of scum have been seen taking items and even using the next doors garden that is occupied, to strip items down.
Every person I have talked to has given the same feeble excuse that no. 7 cannot be secured because it has an unsafe chimney. A good try, but try harder when I point out that the said chimney is in fact dangerous and could fall on to the back door of no5, thus killing anyone stood there. When they are killed will you act then?
Your non actions are attracting scum and youths who are creating more damage.
I await your reply over the next 24 hours before I report the situation to the police, every relevant department and person within WMDC and central government. I am looking into the possibility of free legal aid for criminal and civil action as the situation is VERY serious.
A further point to describe my heart felt passion. I see the scene of my friend’s life exposed and on show similar to robbing his coffin or going to the toilet without walls. Pride and privacy yet alone safety is a right within this free country. The recent episode where someone impersonated you on the internet should give you an idea if you x by 100 of how that feels when someone takes away your privacy.
I await your reply

Regards

Gareth Yates
Buffy

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 01:58:50 pm »

It's an utter disgrace how the people of Girnhill lane have to live, and the workmen are not making it any easier by leaving roads in this state. But then agian yesterday was half come 3o'clock there off doesn't matter about the mess they've left behind not there problem. However if an accident should happen due to the mud left on the street then who do we blame, who would claim off for compensation. 
primax

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 05:34:46 pm »

If someone slips on that mud or their car skids etc I should imagine someone is going to have to pay some large claims out. Wink Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 05:33:19 pm »

Posted by Mr T

Here is a few of the many Newspaper clippings and letters from the council that I have!

LETTER FROM THE COUNCIL WHEN IT WAS ALL STARTING (NOTE THE DATE)

P + C EXPRESS ARTICLE FROM SEPTEMBER 4TH 2003...YES YOU READ CORRECTLY "2003" TALKING ABOUT A SHINY NEW ESTATE IN 2 YEARS TIME! MMM...THAT MAKES IT 2005! WE ARE NOW IN 2008 AND STILL LIVING IN SQUALOR!

A LETTER FROM THE COUNCIL TALKING ABOUT THE DEVELOPER "TAYLOR-WOODROW" WHO OFFERED US A LIKE FOR LIKE DEAL, BUT AS YOU SEE FROM THIS LETTER, THE COUNCIL ARE TRYING TO PUT US OFF! THE DEAL NEVER HAPPENED! (TAKE NOTE - THE THREAT OF CPO AT THE END)

Reply by Yetion1

thats good info Mr T. the dates are interesting. the letters also by my eyes dig a hole for WMDC.

the laws on best tender bid plus what was said to you all regards 7 builders applying for the tender last Monday is great. you were all told that the best package would come from the builder who could give the best deal. 2 offered a like for like deal and one of the two was taylor woodrow. the council must have forgot they were talking to them.

my favourate bit is "as home owners it is for you to decide". now that is the truth. as for CPO when they have it they can threaten it, but not until.

my update for today comes from the letters sent yesterday,
1.Dear Mr Gates

Thank you for your email below and copies of the letters to Highways and Engineering and Housing and Public Protection.

I have asked the relevant officers to provide me with copies of their responses to you and to keep me updated on the situation.

Regards

Peter Box
Councillor Peter Box
Leader of the Council
i take the name change as a pee take. come on Mr Box thats silly.

2.I acknowledge receipt of your e-mail regarding the above.  I have contacted the appropriate officers of the Council and asked that action be taken as a matter of urgency.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Regards
Denise

well they have 28 days to pull their socks up. after that its complaint time to central goverment. Grin
eleanora

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 08:47:33 am »

well guess what as i write this there is a road sweeping machine going up & down the girnhill estate cleaning the mud of the road,ooooh its 8 48 am tuesday
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:09 pm »

Posted by Mr T
Mmm...I can't think why there would be a road sweeper going up and down clearing all that mud away! Anyone would think someone had complained about it  Grin (Right Yetion1?). How dare they come up at that time on a morning and wake up all those who were still getting a bit of beauty sleep?  Wink (well..when I say "all" I mean the half a dozen of us). I have to moan about the noise it was making because I haven't got any neighbours to complain about...LOL!  Wink Got to have laugh about it otherwise we'd cry living up here!  Grin

Reply by Yetion1
glad to see all your stiff upper lips. now thats the fev spirit i love.
a couple of updates. 1. you have all got a new friend today. his name is John Whitworth. he is highways enforcment and ex-police. he does not like the way you have been treated with the road conditions and for wont of a good word he is going to kick ass. he rang at 11.30am and explained he was on site. the road was clear but the paths were a discrace. no workmen were on site. he went back at 3pm and still no workmen but the path was clear. without saying much more this guy is going to be help full for you all up there. 1 drop of mud and call me Wink 01977 600469
my reply from Janet Howley, ever had a bad feeling Huh
Mr Yates

Please be advised that I have received your communication and a reply is being put together.

Janet Howley

WELCOME TO MR T'S SPOT THE MISTAKE

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE 2 IMAGES AND SEE IF YOU CAN SPOT THE MISTAKE!

IMAGE 1

AN EXTRACT FROM A LETTER DATED 8TH FEBRUARY 2008
(THE FULL LETTER CAN BE READ IN AN EARLIER POST)

IMAGE 2

A PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN 4TH APRIL 2008

DID YOU SPOT THE MISTAKE?

THIS PROPERTY HAS NOW RECENTLY BEEN SECURED

eleanora

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 02:33:52 pm »

i went up the lane at dinner time today when i was going back home there were some workmen
putting the shuttering back on in hawthorne ave ,
then they went to no 46 went ave ,as i passed jack's old house the fence was still up,
 also propped up at the  front window  just like a ladder
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 08:17:24 pm »

Posted by Mr T

i went up the lane at dinner time today when i was going back home there were some workmen
putting the shuttering back on in hawthorne ave ,
then they went to no 46 went ave ,as i passed jack's old house the fence was still up,
 also propped up at the  front window like yetion says just like a ladder

The photo of the unsecure house was taken in the afternoon so it's obvious it's been left! A council worker was there the other day so they must know about it, but done sod all about it...AGAIN!!!

Reply by Yetion1

you lot are doing a great job. please dont stop. the history you are all adding is daming never mind heart thumping.
i have tried to get JANET today, no joy. thats been an offical 5 working days. my second letter will arrive with them on monday. i will be copying it to every person of inportance on the planet, especially the police as my new tack, knowingly endangering the lives of public/ pedestrians by explosion.

i was great full that a member of the public called me this morning who had seen a blue pick up and 5 males outside Jacks. i called the police who apparently got there in 5 minutes? i dont know if they got them. the police sounded interested more than normal as i repoted "looting". this is seen as more serious than many petty crimes.

i have a heart string to tell, and its sick.
the latest bully boy tactic by WMDC is to start disconnecting mains services gas, water and electric to some empty propertys that still have a resident next door. what they forgot to tell was that this means both homes are cut off leaving the resident in dry, cold, darkness. sue me for saying the person responsable wonts just 1 punch between the eyes. you would think the problem would be solved by the caring WMDC people who stated they were looking after the remaining residents. the facts are up to 5 days people have been left and then in shear desperation have had to contact contractors and pay out of their own pocket to be re-connected. i am still shocked at what i have heard Angry

heads must roll, the evidence is becoming daming Shocked
primax

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 06:37:27 pm »

If thats true it's disgraceful.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 10:39:48 pm »

and why would i post a news item that is un-true primax?

bellow is my reply letter from Janet Howley and my responce.

Mrs J Howley
Housing and public protection
Newton bar
Wakefield
West yorks
Wf1 2tx

08/04/2008

Dear Janet

GIRNHILL ESTATE

In response to your letter dated 4 April I must disagree and refute some of your reply and ask my questions again.
For 4 weeks I have been contacting your department and reporting,
1.   An un-safe building that is endangering peoples lives.
2.   Looting caused by inadequate security measures that are neither monitored nor policed.
Your explanation again falls down when you state that “regular contact is being made with elected members both by telephone and e-mail”. One of us is telling a un-truth as I have been in contact with the same elected members who I know have made the same complaints as I with similar results, no response. Prior to writing this letter I have again confirmed this by asking if they agree.

7 Ashcroft Avenue

1.   I am glad you mentioned service connection. In this instance where a property has been the result of arson like many others, surely the gas supply alone should be cut off immediately so as not to put other residents at risk from explosion.
2.   The fencing provided by the contractor and the way it is fitted is inadequate. All you have to do is walk around it and then gain entry. The fencing will go missing because you have a plague of thieving scum making money from weighing it in. the only people that are benefiting from the fence are the thieves. The extra fencing is being used as a ladder to gain better access.
3.   I am glad you have mentioned the chimney as it has been used as a escape goat to not do anything. You state that the chimney is precarious yet the pointing is in good condition. Either it is safe or un-safe? As a building renovator from my eyes it looks safe, but as in WMDCS words if it is un-safe then should not a duty of care be taken to remove the danger to the resident at no5?
Number 7 is neither secure nor safe structurally. Also it is a magnet to thieves. I have a great video showing the new use of the fence and the repeated thefts. As they say the camera never lies. On 3 separate visits in 2 weeks I personally have had to call the police 3 times. On each occasion people have been apprehended. It does not appear to take much to stop the problem only be there. I have found another extreme also. On Sunday morning I witnessed a convicted thief from the site who was trying to hide in a hole with his loot waiting for another male to come with a wheel barrow. I had spotted a police parked down the road so I went back for help. I got none and I don’t believe they even called in what I reported to them. There concern was motorists on Wakefield road. This incident has been reported to inspector Dick Jones at Normanton.

I also have been in contact with number 5. They have great concern of the building going on fire again and also the thieves who have even been using there garden to strip items down in.

The so called immediate action is incorrect. I have witnessed your officials viewing empty homes. One in particular had a rear door cover pulled up. It was seen and nothing done. I have a picture to prove my words. In fact in some cases the residents themselves are coming home and checking themselves and then making repairs just so they can have good nights sleep. These are desperate people in fear.
My allegation regards WMDC doing nothing still stands as your provided service is not responding. An interesting point is that Denise Jefferies called the neighbourhood patrollers to assist you last meeting at Chesneys and got a response in 10 minutes. In 4 years I have never had a response after a call as I have all ways been told no one is available.

You have stated that after discussion with fire and police you cannot secure the premises to stop determined thieves. Knowing this should not 24 hour security on site be provided? Upper most should not every newly empty property have its services immediately cut so as to provide a safe environment to live?

Your reply regards security at the last meeting leaves me perplexed. I evaluate from your reply that basically you have done nothing to increase security only talked amongst yourselves. The neighbourhood patrollers are based in Osset now and not Featherstone. I could have built a house by the time they get here. I predict that I could make 3 to 10 arrests a week on the estate. I believe it is now time for someone to show you how it is done. The resulting arrest figures, reports and statistics can then be provided to you to prove no policing is evident unless carried out by a third party.

You have clarified the present situation. It is fully inadequate, unreasonable and in-humane. Again I ask that the residents be helped more.
primax

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 09:20:49 am »

It's disgraceful.
rapper67

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 02:31:51 pm »

fabulous post gareth you have made some excellent points. the count down has begun until we find out who as got the contract to develop the estate (end of april) I have spoken to our barrister today and he is appauled at the way we are again been treated and is writing to wmdc . he as also listend to the tape and his out raged at the tactics used by Bob Hall and has put wmdc on offical notice that we have more damnning evidence of the underhand tactics used by one of there employees , so things are starting to get intresting. it also nice to hear you got a big right up in the labour candidates manifesto leaflet for stopping the development of "new housing for the elderly
 residents of Girnhill lane" where do they come up with these ideas I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH THE GIRNHILL LANE FIGHT FOR OVER 5 YEARS AND NOT ONCE AS IT BEING MENTIONED TO ANY RESIDENT THAT THEY WOULD BE OFFERD A NEW HOME ON THE LISTER CLOSE SITE , SO DICK ITS YET ANOTHER UNTRUTH. kEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 08:38:34 pm »

a reply from a resident,

I'm writing in response to what Janet Howley say's in the letter she sent you about Jack's house! She states that in the last 2 weeks alone, the fencing and signage has been ripped off and stolen 3 times and that Hutchinson's have replaced it and also the signage has "again" been removed!
I beg to differ, because as far as I'm aware, the fencing that is round the house now is the fence that was originally put there! Even the loose fencing in the garden (which is a lot easier to pinch) is "STILL" in the garden! As for the signage, when the fencing was put up, it "DIDN'T" have any signage on to start with, so they obviously think it was there and has been stolen, when in fact, when they put the signage on, they wasn't replacing it, they was merely putting on the 1st sign which is the one there now! Yes it's inadequate fencing but in my eyes, neither any of the fence or the signage has been stolen! They have added fencing to what was originally there because they were using next door to get in, but like I said, nothing's been stolen!

MORE UN-TRUTH JANET?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum