Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:40:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 6885 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 08:57:18 pm »

You are these peoples guardian angel Mr T. your picture of Jacks house bulldozed has left me a lump in my throat and in tears. As long as it has been since Jack left us I feel I must say “FAIR WELL JACK”, and remember the last time we went to the Rustics fishing.
WMDC really is mad. After over a week filling holes with foam they knock it all down. I wonder just how much that has cost us all.
 Your plane pictures, by modern standards what a good looking place to live. It says to me families.
from what i have heard the safety executive should have been on site. bricks were flying, fences were damaged and lives were put at risk. the only good thing i have heard is that they swept the road. that would be probably due to the fine they would get after their warning.
the June date for the next meeting is far to long away. i can only suggest you all complain to bring it forward.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Forkhandles

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2008, 09:47:06 pm »

Does that meen another demo in june Tongue Tongue Tongue
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2008, 10:04:18 pm »

I hope so FORKHANDLES cos i will be there with my balacalava on and causing mayhem like we did last time remember but this time i will put a bigger coat on because it was bloody freezing. Tongue Tongue Tongue
Mr T

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2008, 02:33:44 pm »

It's makes you wonder about the rumours that Verner will be next after Girnhill Lane when you take a look at the following picture! It's the same ariel photograph that I put in an earlier post, only this time, I have highlighted* Girnhill Lane in RED and Verner Street in YELLOW. The 2 estates, (conveniently together) is a lot of land! £ £ £ £ £

GIRNHILL LANE (RED) AND VERNER STREET (YELLOW)
*PICTURE HIGHLIGHTED ROUGHLY

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2008, 05:54:52 pm »

I have something funny (which has just come to my attention) to add to my story about the boarded up houses and people coming out to fill in the ventilation holes with foam to stop the birds nesting. As you know, there was 2 funny things, allow me to re-cap for you!

(1) One of the houses that had it's vents filled up, had doors and windows missing as well as the roof, so therefore birds could still fly in and nest! (Read earlier post)

(2) They have since re-commenced demolition of the houses only a week after filling the holes!

And now...I present...

(3) One of the houses, (which also has an upstairs window missing) cannot be demolished just yet, because a robin has nested in the bathroom! Oh dear!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2008, 09:11:50 pm »

station lane looks like it will be a good advert for Girnhill in the morning Wink dont ask me why just take a look. Wink
Mr T

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2008, 02:48:36 pm »

So Mr Trickett has shown his face in Featherstone today, Mmm...funny how we only ever see him around here when it's voting time! One place we didn't see him of course was Girnhill Lane, why is that then I wonder? Why hasn't he got the back bone to come up here and see it for himself and see the conditions we're all having to live in, see the misery we are having to go through day in day out, see people coming to scavenge what they can every 2 minutes (3 lots in 10 minutes the other day and only 5 minutes after the demolition people went). WHY? Because he doesn't give a monkeys!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Buffy

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2008, 06:57:05 pm »

Yes wasn't it nice that John Trickett came to Featherstone what an honour indeed, bet he didn't stay long though. I do feel sorry for people living there i myself spend alot of time on the Girnhill estate and find it bemusing why kids of the age of 9 - 10 are hanging around on demiltion sites and reigniting fires with left over rubble. It's not fair to the people living up there something needs to be done.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 09:32:32 pm »

i was not sure where to place this picture, polatics or girnhill. as tricket his secretary and dick arrived in town they made a B line for kays window and started taking pictures. i had this sign in reserve and could not resist nor could a friend who just had to pose with me. sorry for my daft smile, i could not help it as over the road was tricket staring daggers. the sign is a history of the torment suffered by the residents. the way i see it the more lies that are told the more truth will have to revieled.

Mr T

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2008, 04:06:43 pm »

Can you believe it that Mr Taylor & his friends have actually been around the estate today delivering their leaflets! They've got a nerve!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
eleanora

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2008, 05:01:41 pm »

well i didn't get one Huh
did i miss owt?
Mr T

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2008, 04:42:17 pm »

SATURDAY 26TH APRIL

ONCE AGAIN, FIRES ARE STARTED ON THE GIRNHILL LANE ESTATE IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!
THIS TIME HOWEVER, THINGS GET REALLY SERIOUS AS RESIDENTS STILL LIVING ON THE ESTATE ARE AFFECTED!

THE FIRE IS STARTED WITHIN THESE TREES AND SOON TAKES HOLD

HOWEVER, THESE TREES ARE BEHIND 2 REMAINING RESIDENTS BACKYARD FENCES

THE RESIDENTS FENCES NOW GET CAUGHT UP IN THE FLAMES FUELLING THE FIRE

ONE OF THE RESIDENTS TRIES TO DO WHAT HE CAN WITH A HOSEPIPE AND HOSES THE FENCE DOWN WITH WATER BUT THE FIRE IS TOO WELL AWAY FOR IT TO HAVE ANY AFFECT, BUT THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET WORSE.......

THE RESIDENTS SHED IS NOW CAUGHT UP IN THE BLAZE.

THE FIRE BRIGADE TURN UP AND ATTEND TO THE FIRE! YOU'D HAVE THOUGHT THAT WAS IT!RIGHT?..............WRONG...............THIS IS GIRNHILL LANE REMEMBER..................READ ON

WHILST THE FIRE BRIGADE WAS ATTENDING TO THAT ONE, A SECOND FIRE IS DISCOVERED A FEW STRIDES AWAY OVER THE ROAD IN A DISUSED SHED! THE SHED CONTAINED A LOT OF WOOD AND THE ASBESTOS ROOF KEPT EXPLODING WITH THE HEAT

MY QUESTION IS THIS...HOW LONG WILL IT BE BEFORE SOMEONE GETS KILLED?

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Forkhandles

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2008, 05:30:38 pm »

I'm absolutely bloody gobsmacked, wheres the police, wheres the neighbourhood patrollers, wheres the pcso's, in broad bloody daylight, your right mrt, its just a matter of time before someones killed, does nobody see who's doing this, someone must see who it is, why dont all the blokes get a vigilante group going, it works in other areas, its plain the police arn't doing their jobs, so do it for them, and if what i've wrote is seen a incitment to break the law, i could'nt give a toss, because if it was happening on my doorstep, thats what i'd do Angry Angry Angry
conscience

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2008, 06:56:52 pm »

The pictures are proof enough why not to vote Labour, if the labour controlled council would have agreed to the like for like deal which the independents got with a developer then the residents would now be enjoying a new home and not living in fear. I wonder if King, Dick and Rocky (Tricket) will show there face and ask the arson attacked residents for there vote ?. The fire service deserve a mention for doing a great job on the estate, as for the police did they attend ? Or were they busy else ware ?  Huh Angry 
Mr T

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2008, 07:04:11 pm »

I toatally agree with you there conscience, that without a doubt, all praise must go to Featherstone & Pontefract Fire Brigade, without them things would have been a lot worse over the years! Can you imagine if Featherstone Fire Station "had" closed? It's not worth thinking about! THANKS LADS ON BEHALF OF ALL THE RESIDENTS OF GIRNHILL LANE!  Grin

The police? well...we'll not go there

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2008, 07:09:18 pm »

WANTED!!!

3 youths aged 9/12 were seen before the fires going to the site and one of the 3 walking away after the fire started. if you can add to this call the police or PM me and i will pass it on.

also a 17/23 male was seen on a near by roof. the only description is slim with ginger hair.

i have contacted the police to ask what is being done. the reply is that while on shift they are looking around the site. yesterday they inspected the garage after a report and found no gas bottles but did report to WMDC that the garage required securing.

my own opinion is that the patrolls stated by wmdc are not enough. a full time security presence has to be placed on the area and now. things are quickly getting worse the more people leave. a good tacktic by some hell for others.
Forkhandles

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2008, 07:21:35 pm »

With hindsight i should'nt have included the pcso's in my previous post, i know the lads, and they do a sterling job, sorry, martin and terry. Wink
Mr T

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2008, 01:09:20 pm »

I would like to add to my previous post regarding the police and the fires on the estate yesterday (Sat 26th April). The police were in town on the day of the fires, they were on Wakefield Road catching speeding motorists "again"! I suppose serious issues like catching a motorist doing 35 in a 30 zone is far more important than catching arsonists who puts peoples lives in danger! Another thing, why is there never any investigations into all these fires, even more so this latest one as residents were affected! Arson is a serious crime but yet nothing gets done!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2008, 06:51:12 pm »

They've got to get there priorities right have'nt they Mr T, drinking coffee with ome hand and a radar gun in the other and sitting down rath than looking for arsonists. Grin Grin
conscience

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2008, 10:29:22 pm »

THREE police cars were sent to the estate tonight and 7 youths aged 11-15 were caught, searched and taken away to the station. Nice one officers

keep up the good work  Wink Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum