Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:00:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 6881 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2008, 08:06:36 pm »

this has been sent to a number of departments Grin

Mrs J Howley
Housing and public protection
Newton bar
Wakefield
West York’s
Wf1 2tx

07/05/2008

Dear Janet

RE THE GIRNHILL ESTATE

Since the 25th of April a number of street light have had their mains supply cut off. This has left a very dark area particularly where newly empty houses are. I am sure you have been made aware of this by your 24 hour patrols and also by your weekly and other visits to the area.
I would be grateful for any advice you can offer as to when the lights will be back on. Also as a request could you inform me of any regulation in respect of reasonable time street lights should be out in bulk. My reason for the request is that a number of residents have asked and I do not have the answer.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
eleanora

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2008, 09:19:09 am »

last night about 11pm, amey van seen driving round estate,looking at un lit lights,
this morning about 9am, amey men seen working on unlit lights on went ave,
lets hope whatever they have done to the lights they work now, the question is for how long?
as soon as the scumbags find out there are more empty houses they wil be round smashing the lights so they can do their  thing ei; vandalising looting & arson.
WELL DONE YETION! Wink
your letter must have done the trick  Grin
just had a look one of the lights is on now SUPRISE!!!
Mr T

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2008, 03:16:09 pm »

This is the latest letter sent to the remaining residents today regarding the CPO, along with a load of other stuff, including a form we are suppose to fill in and send back to them! I like the map they included with our house highlighted (As if I didn't know where I lived). I haven't put that on the forum! Obviously, they still think we are all going to lay down and die! BRAVE MOVE W.M.D.C.

"I PITY THE FOOL"
conscience

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2008, 04:15:12 pm »

Wow  Angry, I would have thought it was much simpler and cheaper to offer you like for like than go down the CPO route, not to mention what it does for WMDC’s image. Good luck Mr T  Smiley
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2008, 08:33:07 pm »

Thank you for your e-mail.  I have spoken to AMEY who look after the street lighting on the Estate, and they have advised me that a number of columns on Went Avenue and Went Grove have been affected and a series of repairs have been made.  More recently, two columns on Went Grove have been repaired 3 times in as many days due to ongoing vandalism, and of the 2 columns out on Went Avenue, 1 was vandalised yet again and has been fixed yesterday, but the second has been referred to YE as there is a problem with the supply to it.  AMEY have advised that normal faults are repaired the same day but any non routine fault has a target repair date of 3 to 5 working days. 

I have asked the neighbourhood patrollers to be extra vigilant around this part of the estate, but the problem appears to be recurrent and ongoing vandalism.  It appears that it is not a range of columns that are out but in bulk but a large number of ongoing incidents.  Repairs are being undertaken immediately, but the same columns are being vandalised soon after repair.

I trust this answers your query.

Janet Howley

Regeneration Manager

Housing and Public Protection

Room D34

Newton Bar

Leeds Road

Wakefield  WF1 2TX

01924 305917

e-mail jhowley@wakefield.gov.uk

Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2008, 09:32:39 am »

an item from an old post by popeye has been put in front of me. i think it is worth re-mentioning as it is a good place to complain to.

if you are a being exposed to any risk or danger to health or being enviromentaly threatened, i.e. dust, noise, litter, vermin, air polution including smoke or mess from demolishion crews/ traffic or scum arsonists.... then try Enviro Clean.

tel: 08078506506. this will put you in touch with the enviroment agency at pheonix house in Leeds. they are not with WMDC , in fact they are the bugs in the bed for any authority and will attend any call involving breaches of the enviromental protection act 1990.

the next problem that shows up have a go and include the conditions you are living in. its as easy as picking up the phone. they are eager to issue enforcment notices to unfair situations.
eleanora

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2008, 09:41:32 am »

the newly empty house on went ave was set on fire last night,don't think there was a lot of damage i haven't been round to look yet,no sign of fire at the front of the house will let ya know what the back looks like later after iv'e been for a nosey,well it is the newest tourist attraction in fev,going by the amount of people that have already been to see if the previous occupier has left owt!!
have just been round the back of no50 went ave,seems they set fire to the fence & a conifer,all the shuttering looks ok but outside the side door lots of glass??
no 48 side door shuttering been pulled back so someone has been inside,
will expect more looters as the day goes on
probably more fires tonite.
never a dull moment up here eh?
eleanora

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2008, 12:15:04 pm »

foned council 24hr number
men here now re shuttering went ave
hmmm lets see how long it is before it's off again!
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2008, 12:32:03 pm »

nice one eleanora.
if only more people would get of their ass and do something. a little goes a long way. Grin
Mr T

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2008, 01:14:13 pm »

I saw the fire engine go passed and noticed it turned left at the end and so I assumed it was going to the newly empty house, and it looks like I was right. It just shows you how we have all developed a 6th sense up here and can predict what's going to happen! I knew it couldn't be the entire house cos there wasn't any sign of smoke thank goodness! As for the looters and scavengers, what I want to know is this, what on earth will they do "WHEN" it's re-developed up here? They're all gonna be buggered aren't they? They won't know what to do with themselves and I suppose the same goes for the arsonists!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
eleanora

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2008, 01:20:55 pm »

i think  that as soon as any new houses are being built they will HAVE to have security men on cos as soon as the copper pipes for the central heating go in they will be out again & off to the scrap yard
Mr T

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2008, 02:42:58 pm »

What's everyone else doing regarding the CPO rubbish we got from the council? They send us a form requesting information off us so they can take our houses and if you don't provide or give false information, you can be fined?

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2008, 03:25:00 pm »

i have heard there is to be a meeting this week. i dont have the details. should i get them and post or do you know? Wink
Mr T

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2008, 03:31:23 pm »

Post the details by all means  Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2008, 09:10:38 pm »

residents meeting tuesday night at B+S confirmed to me today bit i believe notices have gone out.

a little more from Janet,
Thank you for reply.  I am advised that AMEY have been installing meshing covers, but often the damage is through the column screen doors resulting in the wiring being physically damaged or removed.  I shall ask them to ensure that meshing is used as often as possible to give some protection to the physical bulbs.

Re the information about traveler activity, the demolition contractor has been instructed to build sizeable bunds immediately after demolition, but I shall pass on your local knowledge that activity is increasing, to ensure that they are extra vigilant, as prevention is a better option than having to take action to move travelers on if they are successful.

With thanks

Janet Howley
Mr T

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:07 pm »

I think it's about time all the holes on the estate were filled in now as they have been there long enough! All they keep doing is digging them and leaving em! Why does that always happen? No matter where it is, if a hole is dug, it's left ages before being filled in! The hole which was featured in my poll (SEE ROADWORKS IN "HIGHWAYS AND PATHS") is right outside a remaining residents house, I asked him today when he was going to fill it with fish and use it as his new garden feature!

I HAVE JUST REALISED I CRACKED A JOKE WITHOUT TRYING....FILL IT WITH FISH....FILLET?...OH NEVER MIND!  Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
eleanora

« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2008, 07:44:42 am »

well here we go again, another fire last night, outhouse behind no 48 went ave,
2 fire engines turned up.
also the little swines have smashed the newley mended street lamp  on went ave again.
Forkhandles

« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2008, 10:08:01 am »

You should'nt call them names eleanora, it infringes their human rights Grin Grin
Mr T

« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2008, 03:42:20 pm »

Mmm...Where have I seen a situation like this before? It seems to be occuring too often doesn't it? It just proves without a doubt that no one's house is safe! I have also been informed by a Verner Street resident that they have had a letter about the same scenario happening to them in 2010!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
eleanora

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2008, 09:15:19 pm »

my dear forkhandles,
i was being polite, i am a lady after all you know.
 if you  could hear what i really called them,
 hmm you might agree Grin  Grin eh?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum