Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:31:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 3  (Read 6604 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2008, 08:16:17 pm »

beu ti full Grin that needs sending to the reporter as a follow up Wink
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
karen

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2008, 09:38:29 pm »

I'm thinking of advertising my online diary of the estate to maybe drum up support! I have got 4 subscribers already and that's without it being advertised! Here is a sample poster I threw together! What ya think?

print a load of and we help you get them out
Victor

« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2008, 02:12:07 pm »

Mr T, Brilliant Poster, what about though where you have put Girnhill Lane, Wellcome to Hell, putting THANKS TO WMDC, under that, since the other posters mysteriously dissapeard.
Mr T

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2008, 05:47:36 pm »

UPDATE - GIRNHILL LANE DIARY!

4 subscriptions, 2 channel comments and 2 video comments! Thanks to those who have contributed so far, it's very much appreciated! It would be great to keep it going so please pass on the address to people you know...

www.youtube.com/MrTsForumVideos

You don't have to be a member of You Tube to view the videos, but you do need to be to subscribe and leave comments! It's free to join! You can also leave a comment without subscribing! If you Subscribe, you will be informed whenever I add a new video! Channel comments are the best to leave as they are all displayed on the main page together!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Victor

« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2008, 05:20:51 pm »

Mr T,  do you know what happened last night around parts of the Estate, I just caught a little on Ridings FM this morning, and just heard something about fire and fireworks.
Mr T

« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2008, 05:46:38 pm »

Sorry Victor, I didn't hear a thing! I know someone was setting fireworks off around here last week and it was only September. I heard a bang and ran straight to the window thinking there was something on fire (we are paranoid like that up here now) but it was a relief to discover it was only fireworks! Saying that though, with fireworks being available now and with mischief night slowly approaching, we are getting to the "being on edge" period and wondering will we be left in peace or not?  Undecided

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Victor

« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2008, 08:13:22 am »

Mr T, I had a look on the Ridings FM website  last night and it says, " There are fresh safety concerns over a Featherstone estate, Youths have been targeting old peoples homes on Girnhill with fireworks ".  I have heard them going off around where I live since mid Sept. Its about time if supermarkets and shop do sell fireworks, they were only made available  around the end of October, but its probably the same shops that are selling them to youths, that are also selling them alcohol Undecided         
RainbowWarrior

« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2008, 11:59:11 am »

I haven't seen any fireworks on sale in supermarkets yet. Don't know about local shops though. New firework laws came in but they are hard to police. The police can curb there use but usually it is hard to find out who is letting them off.
I understand there is a shop in Castleford where you can buy fireworks 6days a week 52 weeks a year. WHAT IS THE NEED?
Fireworks should be kept to bonfire night.

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
Mr T

« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »

P+C EXPRESS OCT 9TH

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Mr T

« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2008, 03:51:00 pm »

I have just witnessed 3 youths trying to smash one of the few street lights that we have left on the estate! They were all taking it in turns (one of which nearly succeeded) and now there is loads of massive bricks strewned all over the road creating a hazard for passing vehicles! I shouted at them and they ran off making silly noises! As the saying goes "You can't put anything where there is nothing" can you?

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Kim685

« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2008, 09:04:21 am »

I have lived on the girnhill estate twice, as a child and adult and it breaks my heart to see what it has come to. The powers that be should be ashamed  Angry

karen

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2008, 01:29:49 pm »

i lived there kim for 14 years its heart breaking to see it
Mr T

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2008, 03:21:39 pm »

CALENDAR

The public were asked to send in their views about the estate and the situation the resident's are in via text!
This is what they thought!

WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/MRTSFORUMVIDEOS

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Guardian
Administrator

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2012, 10:36:50 pm »

End of Archive 3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: