Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:56:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 7011 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2008, 08:33:07 pm »

Thank you for your e-mail.  I have spoken to AMEY who look after the street lighting on the Estate, and they have advised me that a number of columns on Went Avenue and Went Grove have been affected and a series of repairs have been made.  More recently, two columns on Went Grove have been repaired 3 times in as many days due to ongoing vandalism, and of the 2 columns out on Went Avenue, 1 was vandalised yet again and has been fixed yesterday, but the second has been referred to YE as there is a problem with the supply to it.  AMEY have advised that normal faults are repaired the same day but any non routine fault has a target repair date of 3 to 5 working days. 

I have asked the neighbourhood patrollers to be extra vigilant around this part of the estate, but the problem appears to be recurrent and ongoing vandalism.  It appears that it is not a range of columns that are out but in bulk but a large number of ongoing incidents.  Repairs are being undertaken immediately, but the same columns are being vandalised soon after repair.

I trust this answers your query.

Janet Howley

Regeneration Manager

Housing and Public Protection

Room D34

Newton Bar

Leeds Road

Wakefield  WF1 2TX

01924 305917

e-mail jhowley@wakefield.gov.uk

Grin
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged