Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:52:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 2

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 2  (Read 6956 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: March 30, 2008, 01:35:36 pm »

please copy this letter and send your self.

Housing and public protection
Leeds road
Newton bar
Wakefield
WF1 2TX
30/03/08
janethowley@wakefield.gov.uk

To Janet Howley,

I have had to write to you as my spoken words appear to be neglected. By writing to you I am expecting action within the 28 days WMDC considers it should reply to all complaints.
At the last residents meeting facts were stated into the public realm regards your departments resources and actions,
1.   You are employing security to look over the Girnhill estate.
2.   You are making weekly visits to the estate to establish any un-boarded entry points to any un-occupied homes and will board them up correctly where needed.
3.   Any property that is un-safe shall be made so.

Since that meeting Councillor Roy Bickerton and I have contacted your department on a weekly basis to report infringement of the said. Three weeks later and I declare to you that not 1 action has been taken.
I would like to point out a case scenario, no 7 Ashcroft Avenue. This was a good friend of mines home and before his death. I said that I would look out for his home of many years. Like many other homes on the estate this one was systematically set on fire so that later on the local scum could ransack and loot precious metals.  No 7 has been burnt out for 4 weeks. In that time all manor of scum have been seen taking items and even using the next doors garden that is occupied, to strip items down.
Every person I have talked to has given the same feeble excuse that no. 7 cannot be secured because it has an unsafe chimney. A good try, but try harder when I point out that the said chimney is in fact dangerous and could fall on to the back door of no5, thus killing anyone stood there. When they are killed will you act then?
Your non actions are attracting scum and youths who are creating more damage.
I await your reply over the next 24 hours before I report the situation to the police, every relevant department and person within WMDC and central government. I am looking into the possibility of free legal aid for criminal and civil action as the situation is VERY serious.
A further point to describe my heart felt passion. I see the scene of my friend’s life exposed and on show similar to robbing his coffin or going to the toilet without walls. Pride and privacy yet alone safety is a right within this free country. The recent episode where someone impersonated you on the internet should give you an idea if you x by 100 of how that feels when someone takes away your privacy.
I await your reply

Regards

Gareth Yates
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum