Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:46:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Jubilee Steps (Jube Steps)

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Jubilee Steps (Jube Steps)  (Read 4932 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: July 22, 2015, 09:12:11 pm »

The Jubilee Steps have been a part of Featherstone history for as many years as I can remember. I had at least 2 first dates starting there. Those were the days. Apart from the nostalgia the path from Jubilee Steps up to Post Office Road and Cressys Corner over the lines is a busy walkway.
And then came along the Featherstone Regeneration Team! Five weeks ago some idiot thought it would be a good idea to fence of the entire path, “in preparation for a 6 metre wide footpath/ Featherstone Walkway”. The idiot’s idea was to close the path and advertise the project in advance to gain good PR. What about the poor bloody pedestrians, including many mothers now having to walk a further distance because of an idiot. If you are going to build something better get on with it with as little fuss as possible please. Fev folk don’t take lightly to forced idiot disruption and many times over the last weeks the metal fencing has been ripped open. How much has this cost and who has paid. I shake my head at progress in Featherstone led by idiots.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:19:51 pm »

Hurray some work has begun. A rough looking job edging the sides with flags. Flags won’t hold back the weight of the soil behind and will fall forward in a short time.
More interesting is a road appears to have suddenly appeared from the new estate on to The Jube steps path by the beck. Talk of which the beck looks a lot higher than it used too.

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 09:52:11 pm »

Not to remind our Cllrs who don’t read this forum or to influence anyone who should care because they don’t, but just to say I told you so.
1 week in to the glorious re-fit of the Jubilee steps the wooden fence that has replaced the 4 year old metal fence has been kicked through! How many times will the builders fix it before they leave? Roll Eyes

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum