Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:49:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Featherstone Regeneration

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Featherstone Regeneration  (Read 5486 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: December 29, 2014, 07:23:55 pm »

After 5 months in to a 28 day investigation the problem has still not been resolved nor addressed correctly. Yorkshire Water and associated contractors have visited the site and surrounding area many times. A complete lack of communication, ability to record findings and what I suspect to be a cover-up quite clearly shows a circle of events that has so far rotated twice.
So far:
1.   Yorkshire Water and contractors have visited the area and agree that not all the drains are shown on plans and those that are shown have incorrectness including flow, pipe bore and a missing stream.
2.   Several faults have been found ranging from collapsed drains, blockages and poor original design. All investigators agree they can see man holes and pipes that do not exist on plans.
3.   Yorkshire Water instructed a person to re-map the drains twice as the first person and his report disappeared.
4.   The original faulty pipe reported still to this day has not been inspected at all. Four months ago I was informed that there would need to be traffic lighted early morning road closure to view the reported pipe. On 4 occasions I have been called to say Yorkshire Water is on site to investigate. I always ask first if they have a road closure permit and traffic lights. The answer is always no. On at least 3 occasions the wrong man hole has been investigated and reported as ok. I have even had one report that suggested a mid day investigation had taken place in the middle of a 4 way traffic light cross roads with heavy traffic. Obviously this was false.
5.   Most recent was the investigation of my reported drain which took place in the wrong street next door. This is the main feed from the Victoria housing estate. A 6” pipe over approximately 100m was found to be 95% blocked. 1.5 tonne of silt was extracted. Although not the right pipe it shows the problem well. The back pressure from input created by new development is causing silt to settle as water cannot flow.

Everyone who has been on site appears to agree that the drainage system is inadequate and undersized for the input it receives now. Any further addition to the drainage system on Station Lane will cause significant flooding. Either the issue is resolved immediately or Yorkshire Water should contact Wakefield District Council and request no further additions to the system. If either option is not taken I believe it fair that all subsequent flood victims can now consider the C.E.O. of Yorkshire Water Liable for all legal, repair and loss of earnings claims.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum