Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:55:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Featherstone self build housing sceme

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Featherstone self build housing sceme  (Read 733 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: May 24, 2013, 06:33:49 pm »

Came across this Featherstone idea, love to read some thoughts?
Quite a large plot of land has possibly become available to build houses on in Featherstone. Probably enough space for about 300 to 1000 homes. Sure you will ask where, for now what about the idea?
The owner of the land is from Featherstone and has no financial concerns to just grab a builder and make a huge profit. Rather he would like to see something more than just another estate where Featherstone gets nothing out of the deal. Amongst making sure any service issues are CORRECTLY addressed, Featherstone town should get all the development money that would have to be paid as a written contract to the people.
So if there is no builder who will build the houses? What about the biggest self build housing estate project in Europe that would have to include health/ medical, schools and local supporting infrastructure?
I have my own plus and negative points to share later. This is just an idea. What do you think?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:42:35 pm »

My first thoughts are that its a fantastic idea....but would it work in practice....it would need some serious thought  Grin
John

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:11:19 pm »

My first thought is a big idea and not a lot of detail. My second thought is the size of the plot needed and the objections raised recently about the big development and Jube Steps. My third thought is my two bedroom terrace. My family has grown up and space is sometimes frustrating. I can not build an extension so have been looking at moving. I found a self build scheme on the internet. What has interested me is the possibility of a new home and not one but two steps up the property ladder for the same price I am looking to buy now.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 08:18:21 pm »

Interesting points, I could do with an up-size of house and given the opportunity would love to build my own. Suppose Grand Designs is sticking in my head a little. Grin
JIM

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:38:19 am »

People seem to be interested in self build, but......
The buts appear so big that they cannot be overcome.
A group of people can overcome a lot of problems; all they have to do is get together and have a go.
As individuals, we cannot overcome the `buts`, so lets try as a group.
JIM

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »

Since making my first comments, I have been reading "development of land off Post Office Road" and "Ten Bob millionaires".
Come on contributors. You can be part of the group making proposals, instead of commenting on someone elses proposals.
Featherstone needs people who have something to say, and are prepared to roll up sleves, and get involved.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »

INTERESTED IN BUILDING YOUR OWN HOME IN FEATHERSTONE ?

Come and meet like minded people.

Wednesday 29th January at Farmer Copleys Farm Shop

Meeting from 5pm, tea and coffee available
This is a preliminary meeting to decide if there is sufficient support to take an idea further, so if you think you might be interested, then do come, even if arriving by 6.00pm.

It is not intended to be a long meeting; finishing say by 6.30pm.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum