Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:41:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

road census

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: road census  (Read 328 times)
claytonroyston

« on: February 22, 2013, 02:57:38 pm »

last week at the traffic lights near to the junction hotel they did a road census just for one day.last night after the rush hour traffic they covered the lights up,put tempory lights to replace them and then started doing some work at both sides of the road opposite the jubilee steps.?are they prepairing for to install some kind of road so they can start building the houses that are supposed to be built in the feilds opposite the junction hotel ,i hope not,i know i am being selfish but it will spoil my view out of my bedroom window.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Fev has changed too much :S

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:06:29 pm »

Just drove past and a 25 stone plus bloke in a viz coat is trying to bend down to mark out red, blue and yellow lines on the road and path. Looks like cutting details and cable laying. Did the plans pass? By the looks of things work is about to start.
John

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:51:50 pm »

Any update? Grin
primax

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 04:58:39 pm »

Definition of a democratic society:-
Where a large majority of people vote for a representative who will represent the wishes and the will of the people that put them there.
Labour's version of democracy:- Where a large majority of people vote for a representative who will totally ignore the wishes and the will of the people because he has no balls to stand up to the party whip.
I haven't spoke to many people who want this to happen yet it is clearly going to take place.
I've got an idea to stop this bolox in the future:-
When someone is elected into power and they think they can represent the will of the people by ignoring them and doing as they like this should happen:-
Every decision that affects the future of this town should be put back to the people in the form of a public referendum. Let the people decide if we should have 450 new houses not some a s s hole who thinks he knows best for the town. If the public vote against it then it doesn't take place - simple.
That is true democracy and not a Labour dictatorship.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum