Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:58:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013  (Read 1205 times)
Forkhandles

« on: January 01, 2013, 01:36:35 pm »

Right folks...what would you like to see happen in featherstone in 2013 ?,
me...i'd like to see less political back-biting and more energy put into doing good for feath,i've got other ideas but i'll give others a chance to air their views  Grin
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »

Politics in Featherstone without back stabbing, there is only one way that will happen and it doesn’t take much of a guess to work it out.
Let’s take a look at 2013 so far on day one. Hundreds of thousands of pounds from new developments that should be spent in Featherstone but are due not to be spent local because a certain party line needs the funds for other towns.
A local council that according to its own minutes has gone back to back room meetings.
A local and district council that have agreed to not invite groups to meetings for the last year as they can not be allowed to gain information or actual be seen to continue doing good.

And let’s not forget if you do open your gob to help without the correct rosette you will probably climb the political hate campaign list and could fall victim to abusive comments in meetings and receive public insults. Suppose it then depends on how much you love your family or Featherstone?

There are plenty of ideas to share. There is always another angle. Why not use the hate campaign? Who needs Cllrs? Cllrs will toe the line of a good idea that WMDC officers agree with. Believe it or not there are some good officers (employees) that know what goes on and will and do help. What should we expect district Cllrs to do with £30k wages each plus £30k to spend on Featherstone. This year the accounts show low spending after the district council did not chip in for the full Christmas lights. Perhaps as a start this un-used cash could be a fund for next year. That would be easy but admit guilt, shame.

I respect your efforts Forkhandles but let’s “keep it real”. Not so many weeks ago you commented on the Christmas light which hunt before knowing all or any of the facts. You have your friends and Featherstone has its own.

Best thing for Featherstone in 2013 is help all the new voices that have taken their blinkers off.
Forkhandles

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 04:48:02 pm »

The reason i commented was to find out the facts...i asked for an explanation but i didn't get one.
primax

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:09:05 pm »

Hi Glynn, the back biting and ****ing is part of politics and unfortunately you will never get rid of it. Personally, this year I would like to see the roads repaired to a decent standard especially the road between the Linpac and Ackton. I would like to see the plans for 450 new homes scrapped and use the money to repair and make good what we already have. I would like to see a service road run from Lister to Ross's buses street and then the entire area of station lane block paved just like in Normanton. The service road would allow you still to park at the back of the precinct.
Finally I would like to see Oliver Cromwell rise from the dead and hang all the members of the Labour party who are supposed to represent the working class but unfortunately ended up just another bunch of closet tories.
Forkhandles

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:00:20 pm »

Some good points there Roger,i certainly agree with the idea of scrapping the 450 new houses and using the money on improving what we have Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »

Strange……. Given the fact the associates you sometimes quote, your family contacts and the people you talk to in Featherstone as friends have most of the answer.

Back to your thread as it is a fair comment to ask for those who don’t know Featherstone.
Let’s not make it too hard for the first one. Station Lane re-surfacing failed. A Featherstone Cllr responded that under guarantee the surface would be replaced in December.
Nice and easy so would you like to ask?
Regeneration could start right here right now…………………… Roll Eyes Grin
Old Stonian

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:11 pm »

Why not a referendum to see if we really want a local council?
Forkhandles

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:29 pm »

Scrapping the plans for the 450 new homes wouldn't give the wmdc any extra money to spend elsewhere because they are to be built by private developers using private money.
primax

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 10:07:38 pm »

Scrapping the plans for the 450 new homes wouldn't give the wmdc any extra money to spend elsewhere because they are to be built by private developers using private money.
450 bins to empty running at a loss, streets to clean running at a loss, postal service running at a loss, schools to provide places for 1200 new children running at a loss. doctors surgeries for 2000 people running at a loss. What gave you that idea Forkhandles?
Unfortunately the Government has told all local authorities to cap their rates or face the consequences. The affect of such capping is bankrupting Labour run Councils which are finding it extremely difficult to provide core services.
When they introduce austerity measures just after a recession the trick is not to increase the population otherwise you will bankrupt yourself beyond repair. The housing will indeed bring in more Council tax but because that tax is not enough to cover the core services and the welfare state system (bins. street cleaning, schools, surgeries, unemployment benefit etc) it will put a massive strain on the system.
Also, there are more roads to repair and more streets to light (WMDC has to pay the electric bill).
They cannot afford to look after the population as it is, what makes you think they can add another couple of thousand people to the list it will make it any better.
Simple closet Torie tactics my friend.
1. Government caps the rates so Council can't afford to provide services.
2. Closet Tory Labour increase the population in the area and strain the system beyond belief.
3. Council fails and introduces private sector to empty bins and provide services.
4. Once Council services have gone and private sector get all the contracts Government removes rate capping.
5. Your Council tax will then go through the roof possibly double to pay for rip off fly by night private companies providing services.
6. You are now just like America and the poor will be even poorer.
The welfare state was put here to help the poor, once it has gone then it has gone. They are trying to remove the welfare state of the Country and put us back in the stone age.

John

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »

Why not a referendum to see if we really want a local council?
Please correct me if I am wrong but wan't there a petition to do just that many years ago?
parko13

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 07:08:24 pm »

Featherstone is not big enough to accomodate a further 450 houses , unless they be 50% private and 50% council owned . Way too many are now waiting to be housed, and bringing in more outsiders will just rub salt in the wounds.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum