Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:28:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pot Holes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pot Holes  (Read 3700 times)
primax

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 09:21:46 pm »

I was thinking more like Kay but yes Roy would do
I thought Kay was Labour now? or did I miss something?
With all due respect I don't think the appointment of Roy would go down too well at the moment what with one thing and another. Perhaps the people of Featherstone would be better off tarmacking the Lane themselves and unblocking the drains themselves. There's one thing that is for sure - no one could make a bigger b o l o x than has been attempted so far. It looks like Baghdad airport runway after it was carpet bombed by B52's.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
seneca bond

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 10:46:33 pm »

where does this document come from?

It looks as though an outside contractor has not delivered the require service. It is they who are responsible for the mess, no matter what good work they have done in the past.

I think 'next year' is unacceptable.

Thwe congtracors should be and rthere's no reason why they couldn't be called in right now to make good trhe defects. Are the council going to wait for an accident to happen as winter approaches?
Whistleblower

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »

I thought Kay was Labour now? or did I miss something?
Yes unfortunately she is but before she turned there’s no way she’d have let them get away with such a shoddy job
With all due respect I don't think the appointment of Roy would go down too well at the moment what with one thing and another.
Maybe not Grin  but as sparky says don’t believe everything you read  Wink
Forkhandles

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 10:22:46 am »

Maybe not   but as sparky says don’t believe everything you read.

So he's innocent then? Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2012, 04:54:00 pm »

Innocent of what ? Its not my job to judge him without any evidence, only time will tell  Smiley
Forkhandles

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 05:37:58 pm »

Innocent of what ? Its not my job to judge him without any evidence, only time will tell  Smiley

Nor is it my job to judge him whistleblower, but i took your comment to mean the press report wasn't true Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:00 pm »

Oh the press report, Only Roy knows the real truth everybody else is making assumptions. If he’s innocent then fine, if he’s proven guilty then throw the book at him
sparky

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 07:47:24 pm »

Looks like my thoughts on another thread, Did You Know, have crossed over to this one.
I have no wish to get involved in local politics, involving Councillors.
My thoughts were aimed at general trivia, that appears on web sites, that sometimes are shown to be untrue.
This forum, can post useful local information & topics,  but when it comes to being a personal slanging match, PITY, count me out.
May be I should keep off it.
Forkhandles

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 08:10:59 pm »

I'm not in a personal slanging match sparky, if i missunderstood whistleblowers comment i appologise to him  Grin Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 08:27:25 pm »

No need to apologise it’s a discussion forum  Grin  and that’s what were doing discussing, as far as I’m aware nobody’s slanging anyone  Huh  but if sparky doesn’t want to get involved its his prerogative.  Wink
sparky

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 09:22:41 pm »

Sorry folks for the misunderstanding, there was nothing aimed at me.
It was just a general comment about the forum, I have often seen abusive comments between members, that go way over the top.
 Which I don't like to see.
I just didn't explain it well enough.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 09:33:26 pm »

Days now turn in to week 1 and still the drain is blocked. If it takes as long to clear as to work out how to fix the lane it will be winter 2014 for a new surface.
Politics is always a hot topic and I applaud those who have just been brave enough to keep a thread for what it is. Yes current Cllrs stand in the firing line.
Sparky you are as ever a refreshing change of view.
primax

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 10:13:29 am »

I've just been on a walk around the town and was looking at the condition of the roads and especially the paths as I walked. The paths are a particular cause for concern, after humpteen projects in which fibre optics were laid, new gas mains and so forth the reinstatement jobs are terrible. Sunken sections where contractors havn't got the reinstatement up to the existing level are a definate concern for the elderly tripping, frost damaged sections along the curb side of the path are another cause for concern and with winter approaching I can see much more widespread damage on the way.
I can honestly say that paths and roads in the 1960's and 70's were much better in Featherstone than they are now and that shouldn't be the case. Considering how much rates and tax we all pay they should be up to scratch but it seems its not just Featherstone that suffers because the UK roads are now officially the worst in the EU. Everywhere you go in this town you will find a labyrinth of patched up paths and roads in a terrible state of repair, the sad thing is as time progresses these will become worse.
Here is a possible solution to the problem or at least to part of the problem:-
Developers are planning to build 450 new homes here in the next few years, have a meeting with these developers and say to them - if you really care about this town like you have suggested in your fancy internet plans then you will take our 10 worst roads and paths in the town and relay them as part of a good will agreement. No one can say that these developers can't afford it because they can, they are among the richest businessmen in Europe. So if they really care about the environment and Feath then lets see them put their money where their mouth is and give us something back in return for the space we have provided for them to make millions and millions.
Forkhandles

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 06:10:38 pm »

Thats a cracking post primax.....agree with you 100% Grin
fugodsake

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2012, 12:47:19 pm »

What has really hacked me off this year is seeing the (little used and in decent state of repair) footpath from Purston to Ackworth completely resurfaced whilst the people of Featherstone wait even longer for one our busiest roads (Station Lane) to be given a decent surface.  Angry
Whistleblower

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 01:58:26 pm »

Would it be possible for wmdc to put some block paving on common side lane please or even just fill in the potholes with tarmac, I’m sure my road tax will cover it £460 ? I know your probably all run off your feet what with your office Christmas parties to arrange but please try,  Or maybe our local councillors could arrange to have it done ? Just think of the photo opportunity !! Thanks very much  Smiley
primax

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »

Just been down Girnhill lane where the new block paving has been laid. People of the forum really need to go take a look at the state of the road. It really does need ripping up and resurfacing because its that bad. I don't see the logic in fancy block paving while the rest of the same road is in a terrible state. Surely it would have been better to relay the entire road instead of wasting it on block paving. Someone isn't thinking right.
Forkhandles

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2012, 06:05:01 pm »

Agree with you primax,how are they going to revamp the rest of the road without disturbing the new block paving Huh Roll Eyes
Whistleblower

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47:22 pm »

Loads of people in the lane today moaning about the block paving and the road been closed, I wish I dare share some of the comments  Lips sealed Grin Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2013, 04:00:01 pm »

Worrying, looks like we are not going to have Station Lane re-surfaced then as January has come and gone. Was wondering what the yellow lines painted on the road at the top of Station Lane were for. If it is for this passed application the future looks bleak. As usual no one gives a dam.

Wakefield Council
Highways Act 1980 Section 26
Creation Order – Increasing the legally recorded width of public footpath Featherstone 15 off Pontefract Road.
At Post Office Rd it will be increased to 5.0 metres
The Public footpath is recorded as being 1.8 metres the existing width is 3metres. Proposal will legally increase the path
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum