Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:25:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pot Holes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pot Holes  (Read 3656 times)
seneca bond

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 06:43:31 pm »

What about motorcycles ? Even at the slowest speed possible its like riding on marbles, its a hazzard which shouldn't be there in the first place and is easily sorted.

mentioned in my previous post: they and cyclists are the most vulnerable. But the principle remains. You drive/ride in accordance with the road conditions. If the road is too dangerous to ride on get off and walk, and make sure you complain.

The council are storing up major trouble for themselves if they don't do something about it.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »

Hang on a minute. Ok there are some idiot drivers but lets not forget most of the gravel has ended up at the side of the road and across junctions. Most cars pulling out on to the lane as carefully as they can have wheel spun.
Im getting a cost saving idea! Tongue WMDC highways don’t sweep the loose chippings any more. They pass the cost to drain cleaning who will have to suck it out of the manholes.
Manholes! That was a good one today. Metal grates dug out and replaced with plastic. Another good cost cutter. The scrap value should pay well. Wonder if WMDC have a salvage license like we all now have to have? Wink Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 08:16:38 pm »

Hurray a road sweeper…..well for about 8 minutes before he didn’t see the cones in the road and swept one up causing a breakdown. Still lots of gravel it appears that someone should be sweeping. Love today’s work. Keep digging and bodging. How much gravel and tar can a gutter take to fill? Roll Eyes
Forkhandles

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 06:36:51 pm »

Hurray a road sweeper…..well for about 8 minutes before he didn’t see the cones in the road and swept one up causing a breakdown.

PMSL Tongue
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »

Oh dear, things are just getting worse. Station Lane contractors are not supposed to start work until 8am. As usual today they started much earlier and were finished by 8.10am. By chance I was stood talking on George Street as 3 road working vehicles pulled in. What happened next is beyond belief. All 3 vehicles un-loaded their equipment and moved it to a grate on the corner. The residue tarmac and tar was scraped from tools and barrows in to the grate. The dark stain is the wet tar that was poured out. On the surface you can see a significant mess on a street that isn’t to be touched. Even more of a concern is the drain clearly now full of tar. How many other drains have they done this to? By luck who should then walk past but a WMDC officer. Let’s hope he reports it as the district council appear to have no balls to stop the mess.

primax

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 06:27:50 pm »

Thats just crazy. Hope you got their reg number and reported them. Someone should be sacked for that. You can clearly see the drain is now full of tarmac. What in Gods name were they thinking when they did that? This needs taking further, much further, i've never seen anything as ridiculous in my entire life.
Forkhandles

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 07:41:55 pm »

The gulley is now blocked,hope we don't get a couple of days heavy rain Roll Eyes
Forkhandles

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »

Right folks,just been told it was contractors that did it WMDC have contacted them and told them to make it good the Lads that did it were sacked on the spot.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:08 pm »

As of 5.30pm today (over 24hours after being reported) this drain is still blocked and un-cleared. Lots more to follow shortly Wink Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 07:10:32 pm »

4.35pm today, over 48 hours and a good rain fall later the drain is still blocked and full of water. Hope the road surfacing doesnt take as long to put right ; Shocked
Forkhandles

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 10:40:54 am »

Bloody ridiculous...heads should roll over this fiasco.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 02:18:45 pm »

Guess what? Day 3 at 2pm, yep drains still blocked.
Are you ready for more jokes……………
Between 3 district Cllrs there have been various replies that are all false. The road surface is not an undercoat but a failed job that someone also forgot to put the new drains in prior to laying. It gets better. The road is as good as it gets. WMDC have given in and are just going to leave it as it is. Sorry not quite as it is as they have decided to waste more of our money by having some badly painted lines put on it today.
Second best for Featherstone again as the council and local Cllrs turn a blind eye and toe the party line. I can think of 3 people who need sacking to start with.
Whistleblower

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 03:00:44 pm »

Disgraceful, this is why Fev needs another independent councillor
Jube

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

Forgive me, but is that realy it, finished?
seneca bond

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 09:03:19 am »

like Bickerton you mean?

This isn't a political issue it's an administrative one, and the responsibility probably doesn't even lie with Featherestone Council.
P wonder if anyone has even contacted the relevant Featherstone councillor about this quite legitimate issue.
primax

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 04:34:02 pm »

like Bickerton you mean?

This isn't a political issue it's an administrative one, and the responsibility probably doesn't even lie with Featherestone Council.
P wonder if anyone has even contacted the relevant Featherstone councillor about this quite legitimate issue.
That made me laugh. Nice one
Whistleblower

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:45 pm »

like Bickerton you mean?

I was thinking more like Kay but yes Roy would do
seneca bond

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 06:33:13 pm »

like Bickerton you mean?

I was thinking more like Kay but yes Roy would do

do what? His trackl record suggests all sorts of possibilities
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 08:04:17 pm »

Almost 5 days later.............
Drains still blocked Roll Eyes
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »

Looks like we aren’t not the only ones moaning, below is a cracking admission from Cllr Dick. Admission yes but can you understand there is something missing? Next year!

Hi Glynn,
This is on a notorious web site run by our local  bolt seller and DIY expert. Most of what he puts on is rubbish but this looks dire, what on earth were they playing at. We are under fire for the state of Station Lane and that it will not be finished until NEXT year and now this. Why don’t we just give him a big stick to beat us with.
Regards
Dick

Dick,

Thank you for drawing this issue to our attention.  Glynn has asked me to respond on behalf of Transportation and Highways.

You have seen my previous correspondence regarding the partial failure of the new road surface.  Although the two year guarantee will make things good, I acknowledge that this does not help with the reputational damage it causes.  Please be assured that this issue will be resolved to the satisfaction of all.

The issue reported here will be investigated as a matter of urgency.  The company in question, Messrs Colas, have done a lot of good work for us over the last few years, but the actions reported are wholly unacceptable.  I have copied Mike Smith and Scott Baxter, who have been managing this contract.  Should the allegations prove to be founded (as it appears they will be), at the very least the gullies will be cleansed and proved by Colas.

If you propose to respond to the complainant, you can assure him that robust action will be taken.

Kind regards.

Paul Platts

Group Engineer - Network Management

City of Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
Regeneration & Economic Growth
Planning, Transportation & Highways Services
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum