Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:18:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pot Holes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pot Holes  (Read 3730 times)
Victor

« on: September 13, 2012, 02:32:35 pm »

noticed the pot holes in Station Lane today near Drannys shop are now like bloody crators, im sure a single decker bus vanished down one at lunchtime, its a disgrace all around this area
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kim685

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »

Yes I noticed them too, makes you wonder what all the millions in road tax being spent on  Huh

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »

WMDC have supposedly had Fev down for Station Lane repairs to North Fev for months. Have to say that when a large percentage of a main streets road surface goes missing you have to wonder the reason why?
Victor

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 07:15:06 pm »

Noticed the signs up in the Lane today about re-surfacing to start on Sunday I think I saw, at last
Whistleblower

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:17:52 pm »

Station lane resurfacing is a right mess, only in fev would they get away with such a bad job
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:20:35 pm »

What a bloody poor job that wasn’t worth waiting for. Nice for a couple of days! One guess where the pot holes and cracks are starting already? Yep in the same places they were before. More years of a bumpy road ahead! Sounds just like Featherstone. Sad
Whistleblower

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

It must be the worst newly resurfaced road in Yorkshire, all the chipping are piled up in the middle and not actually stuck to the road. It must be causing motorists thousands of pounds in stone chip repairs ? Please send all repair bills to your local councillor  Angry
Forkhandles

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 06:55:11 pm »

Just found out the resurfacing of Station Lane is far from complete due to the weather on the day they have to redo parts of it. Plus there is another surface dressing to be put on and all drain covers have to be raised. Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:24 pm »

Give up, ya kidding Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 08:59:09 pm »

No sorry,
that should have been,
"Newyork,Newyork so good they had to name it twice"

Or just in little old Fev

"Fevstone, Fevstone, due to complaints they had to do it twice"
 Wink Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:49:02 am »

If it was down to the weather why didn’t they stop ? Why haven’t all the loose chipping been swept up ? They are a hazard. Why is common side lane so bad but highways are wasting time and money by installing block paving into the road on Girnhill lane ?
Forkhandles

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 10:43:27 am »

If it was down to the weather why didn’t they stop ? Why haven’t all the loose chipping been swept up ? They are a hazard. Why is common side lane so bad but highways are wasting time and money by installing block paving into the road on Girnhill lane ?

Good questions  Grin Huh
Kim685

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 11:44:51 am »

What the hell is the block paving for? Another waste of tax payers money if you ask me

seneca bond

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 12:41:27 pm »

Yes I noticed them too, makes you wonder what all the millions in road tax being spent on  Huh

road tax isn't spent on the maintenance of local roads. Local roads are the responsibility of the council.

Road tax in any case only constributes in part to the maintenance and development of the road system.

You should complain to your councillor.
If the pot hole is big deep enough and wide enough to be a hazard to traffic, then the council couild find themselves in serious trouble in the event of an eccident-cyclists are p[articularly vulnerable, but other users too.
Whistleblower

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 10:11:12 am »

I’ve only seen block paving outside the corra have they done any further up Girnhill ?
Jube

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 05:36:35 pm »

Hi
I have followed lots of stories for a while. Thought it time to join in.

I work on Station Lane. I keep hearing wheels spinning and vehicles sliding on the gravel. A friend of mine had her car back ended this week on Station Lane. Does anyone know what is going on? Where are road sweepers? When I went to Dranys this morning for the papers the crossing zig zag lines are painted on the road. No other road I have seen in Pontefract or Castleford has been the same. In Wakefield they take the tar up properly and replace.
Whistleblower

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »

Hi welcome to the forum  Smiley  your questions and the ones I’ve raised should be being asked by our local councillors. The council can do whatever they want without opposition. Station lane is a disgrace and only in Featherstone would they get away with it, Block paving looks nice though  Grin 
seneca bond

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 10:49:22 pm »

Hi
I have followed lots of stories for a while. Thought it time to join in.

I work on Station Lane. I keep hearing wheels spinning and vehicles sliding on the gravel. A friend of mine had her car back ended this week on Station Lane. Does anyone know what is going on? Where are road sweepers? When I went to Dranys this morning for the papers the crossing zig zag lines are painted on the road. No other road I have seen in Pontefract or Castleford has been the same. In Wakefield they take the tar up properly and replace.
people should drive according to the road conditions whatever they are.
If peoples' wheels are 'spinning', and they are 'back ending' each other, then it is they who are at fault no matter how poor the state of the road.
Forkhandles

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 10:55:49 am »

people should drive according to the road conditions whatever they are.
If peoples' wheels are 'spinning', and they are 'back ending' each other, then it is they who are at fault no matter how poor the state of the road.
DITTO
Whistleblower

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:32 pm »

What about motorcycles ? Even at the slowest speed possible its like riding on marbles, its a hazzard which shouldn't be there in the first place and is easily sorted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum