Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:39:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pot Holes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pot Holes  (Read 3802 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »

Looks like we aren’t not the only ones moaning, below is a cracking admission from Cllr Dick. Admission yes but can you understand there is something missing? Next year!

Hi Glynn,
This is on a notorious web site run by our local  bolt seller and DIY expert. Most of what he puts on is rubbish but this looks dire, what on earth were they playing at. We are under fire for the state of Station Lane and that it will not be finished until NEXT year and now this. Why don’t we just give him a big stick to beat us with.
Regards
Dick

Dick,

Thank you for drawing this issue to our attention.  Glynn has asked me to respond on behalf of Transportation and Highways.

You have seen my previous correspondence regarding the partial failure of the new road surface.  Although the two year guarantee will make things good, I acknowledge that this does not help with the reputational damage it causes.  Please be assured that this issue will be resolved to the satisfaction of all.

The issue reported here will be investigated as a matter of urgency.  The company in question, Messrs Colas, have done a lot of good work for us over the last few years, but the actions reported are wholly unacceptable.  I have copied Mike Smith and Scott Baxter, who have been managing this contract.  Should the allegations prove to be founded (as it appears they will be), at the very least the gullies will be cleansed and proved by Colas.

If you propose to respond to the complainant, you can assure him that robust action will be taken.

Kind regards.

Paul Platts

Group Engineer - Network Management

City of Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
Regeneration & Economic Growth
Planning, Transportation & Highways Services
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum