Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:19:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Estate, Featherstone, The final battle!

Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Estate, Featherstone, The final battle!  (Read 1907 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »

Appeal for voices. Your chance to have a say!

A public enquiry has been called by the Secretary of State. In this great democratic country the word “PUBLIC” you would think means for the “PUBLIC”. WMDC who are hosting and paying for the enquiry have so far commented that the public will not be allowed to talk.
After continued pressure by the remaining residents solicitor “PUBLIC” is almost what it should be. Anyone wishing to offer information and talk at the enquiry can now simply turn up on the day. At the start of the enquiry a list of people wishing to talk will be offered to the Secretary of State. At his discretion people will then be allowed to come forward.
The enquiry is set for the 16th & 17th October. The remaining residents need your help. Anyone wishing to help should contact Gareth on 01977 600469.
Please mail to anyone you know who may help and post this request on every social network you can find. Every little will help. Grin

it's an inuiry not a debate
inquiries investigate matters and then report on their findings.

Inquiries summon relevant people for consultation, information and uestioning. What makes a public inquiry 'public' is that their proceedings are observed and that their findings are published. Seems democratic to me.

Absolutely correct, it’s an inquiry. So why not hear all the facts from all concerned?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
seneca bond

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 08:57:13 am »

I hope that will be the end of it....because its getting a bit tedious now.
I sad comment from a Featherstonian.
as a Featherstonian and former coal board estate resident of many years standing I agree: this episode isn't meant to have entertainment value. It's peoples' homes we are talking about. If all this is now almost over then I'm glad it is, but for the sake of the people involved.
The sooner the place, a place that has a fond place in my heart, is flattened and the land put to good use the better.
Forkhandles

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 09:18:20 am »

Its not a sad comment at all....all the people who have taken the offer are highly satisfied with it,i am entitled to my oppinion without being lambasted for saying it.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 08:53:47 pm »

No wish to lambast Sad
These are Fev folk.
A Mill Pond Estate developement would perhaps remind some of who to support. Wink
seneca bond

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 08:23:17 am »

Appeal for voices. Your chance to have a say!

A public enquiry has been called by the Secretary of State. In this great democratic country the word “PUBLIC” you would think means for the “PUBLIC”. WMDC who are hosting and paying for the enquiry have so far commented that the public will not be allowed to talk.
After continued pressure by the remaining residents solicitor “PUBLIC” is almost what it should be. Anyone wishing to offer information and talk at the enquiry can now simply turn up on the day. At the start of the enquiry a list of people wishing to talk will be offered to the Secretary of State. At his discretion people will then be allowed to come forward.
The enquiry is set for the 16th & 17th October. The remaining residents need your help. Anyone wishing to help should contact Gareth on 01977 600469.
Please mail to anyone you know who may help and post this request on every social network you can find. Every little will help. Grin

it's an inuiry not a debate
inquiries investigate matters and then report on their findings.

Inquiries summon relevant people for consultation, information and uestioning. What makes a public inquiry 'public' is that their proceedings are observed and that their findings are published. Seems democratic to me.

Absolutely correct, it’s an inquiry. So why not hear all the facts from all concerned?

Is there any reason to suppose there wont be? I don't think so.
Forkhandles

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 07:13:10 pm »

No wish to lambast Sad
These are Fev folk.
A Mill Pond Estate developement would perhaps remind some of who to support. Wink
Huh Huh
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 10:34:48 pm »

Drum roll…………………….
After all these years and all the heart ache perhaps WMDC at last are going to offer the only fair deals ever seen on the estate.
Of course, nothing to do with the public inquiry due to start this Tuesday that will allow every fine good and bad detail to become public.
Will the inquiry be called off? The next 24 hours should be fun. Wink Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 03:09:05 pm »

Funny how they don’t want a public enquiry and come up with a fantastic offer now, its not like they’ve anything to hide, I can’t wait until the other ex residents find out what was offered, they may be another enquiry then, after all they were threatened with cpo so took a lot less.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 07:53:33 pm »

WMDC thought it was all over……it is now.
How lucky were WMDC? Today with just minutes to go before the deadline WMDC finally gave in and agreed to pay the only honest and fair values for property seen in during the long and hard 10 year Girnhell battle.
Nothing to do with a public inquiry set for 10am in the morning where all the juicy stuff would have come to light. The public inquiry has now been cancelled.
Many lessons have been learnt that hopefully other abused estates can possible relate to one day from the information posted here.
From me its good luck and well done to the last residents for all they have had to put up with.
Unless any previous residents wish to fight for the money they lost to a lesser deal the story comes to and end…………?

primax

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 09:51:16 pm »

Glad its all over. Good vid, so many memories of my 11 years living in that estate. I was on Went avenue facing the Nostel fields, fabulous in the summer, mega cold winters. Some good folks for neighbours, its all history now.
Whistleblower

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 05:08:47 pm »

Nice video, there was no reason to knock down the brick houses, after all the council gave a grant to brick them, more waste of public money, never mind I’m sure someone gets a nice bonus now its sorted  Angry

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum