Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:34:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Housing on Verner Street

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Housing on Verner Street  (Read 283 times)
Whistleblower

« on: February 10, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »

It says 2010 for Verner revamp on the WDH website Huh
http://www.wdh.co.uk/living/improvements/area3/Pages/default.aspx
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fev angel

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:53:22 pm »

thanks for that they have braught it forward thank you Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »

Thanks whistleblower for your post. Constructive. The plan to look at is the one offered from the designated delevoper.  Wink
Whistleblower

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:04:31 pm »

i haven't seen the plan, is it available to view yet  Huh
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 10:02:02 pm »

I am trying to get a copy. It was on public view at Chesneys at the recent open day blown up on the wall for all to see. One of the residents spotted the 2 new roads in to Verna from Girnhill lane and asked more. Verna from their information was to be developed later? Later is just one way words are used carefully.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:58:07 pm »

WDH were out and about on Verner over Christmas knocking on doors. They talked to residents about Verners re-fit. Residents were informed that there was a delay again and work would now not start in March and has been put of for at least 6 months.
Residents were also informed that there were problems finding the money to pay for a new gas pipe. Residents were asked if no gas could be fitted then would they consider a new coal fire or economy 7 heating being fitted. As many struggle with the cost of this now many said no.
Looks like Verner could stay as it is….. or not as new types of residents arrive who are just happy for a roof over their heads.
Doberman1979

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 06:14:24 pm »

Came home this afternoon to several police cars and a fire engine, as expected Brentwood's been set on fire. From my side (verner/front of brentwood) it doesnt look too bad but am told from the back there is a decent bit of damage. As I live 5 doors down from it i'd be really interested in any news, ie demolishion? if anyone gets told anything over the next few days please post or PM me!
Kim685

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:24:52 pm »

WDH were out and about on Verner over Christmas knocking on doors. They talked to residents about Verners re-fit. Residents were informed that there was a delay again and work would now not start in March and has been put of for at least 6 months.
Residents were also informed that there were problems finding the money to pay for a new gas pipe. Residents were asked if no gas could be fitted then would they consider a new coal fire or economy 7 heating being fitted. As many struggle with the cost of this now many said no.
Looks like Verner could stay as it is….. or not as new types of residents arrive who are just happy for a roof over their heads.

I would be interested to know where you got the information  Wink

I have spoken with a verner st resident today who tells me that when WDH visited, at no point were they given any indication when work would start (March was not mentioned) or that there was any delay. They were told that if enough residents wanted gas, they would put it forward in a meeting. They were NOT told that WDH were having problems finding the money. To be perfectly honest I would have been very surprised if they had, they don't usually give information out like that. If fact the residents are being kept in the dark as usual.

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 08:33:02 pm »

Heyup Kim

The info came from another resident. There was more than one pair of surveyors going around the estate. Sounds like one lot had more to say. The information is correct as given.

What is interesting from your comment is the majority decision. Isn’t the works partly paid by a grant to provide up to date homes? Wonder if that is in the grant guidelines? Could be an avenue? Wink
Kim685

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:21 am »

. Isn’t the works partly paid by a grant to provide up to date homes?

That's what I thought, so why the shortage? The money's supposed to be already allocated, so where's it gone?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum