Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:04:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ackton hall pit and local mining

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ackton hall pit and local mining  (Read 6827 times)
seneca bond

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 12:10:47 am »

Oh dear oh dear.
Amazing “the peoples” comments on a little old forum mean nothing (according to Featherstone Labour).
Strange how without “comments” nothing gets done.
Without making an immediate risk assessment and much later this week a commercial welder was employed to “weld up the cracks”.
If you know nothing about welding cast iron is a very difficult substance to weld especially when the cracks are 25mm wide. It’s impossible.
Please take a look at the brittle memorial. There are plenty more cracks than since first reported. That is the nature of cast metal under pressure. Take a look at the top. There is about a ton held up by a slither of metal.
Where are the safety barriers? Where are the Cllrs and the persistent complainer?
One good hit by a football and it will be down.
It would be a shame if the market traders were killed by falling metal while holding a meeting to save the market. Or would it for some one?

they do mean nothing
it's a talking shop amongst a small number of people with a looseley formed common interest, that's all.
the memorial is tacky and cheap not just in construction and materials, but in terms of artistic merit.

I spent the day at the hepworth gallery recently, immeresed amongst the wortk of my two favopurite sculptors. Both dead.
But I refuse to believe there is no artistic talent available to convey the town's mining heritage and the sacrifices associated with it in a more meaningful way, paid for by public subscription inside and outside the town-which has a large diaspora.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum