Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:37:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 6

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 6  (Read 688 times)
Victor

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »

Excellent coverage, they probably wont show as much later though
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 08:21:31 pm »

Looks like the final battle is about to begin.

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/local/ackworth/resident_will_fight_for_home_1_3842886
seneca bond

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 11:32:45 am »

sounds a good deal to me

surely she can't want to live in that hole? She could hardly sell the thing on the open market.

I was brought up on that estate, and have happy memories of life amongst decent, interesting people and good friends.
Whistleblower

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 06:41:49 pm »

sounds a good deal to me

surely she can't want to live in that hole? She could hardly sell the thing on the open market.

I agree, with the state of the housing market today she could get one hell of an house for £150000. I can understand her commitment but you have to be realistic about it, thanks to labour and wmdc the estates finished and sadly its time to move on. Sad
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 08:32:09 pm »

Hang on senacca. The house in question for example is worth more than yours but is in the same price value bracket. Would you take £100k plus a loan that still leaves part of your new home owned by someone else? Think not.
For the misery caused and the legal fees that will be incurred out of our tax the best solution is simply to pay the good lady what she asks.
seneca bond

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 09:11:00 pm »

Hang on senacca. The house in question for example is worth more than yours but is in the same price value bracket. Would you take £100k plus a loan that still leaves part of your new home owned by someone else? Think not.
For the misery caused and the legal fees that will be incurred out of our tax the best solution is simply to pay the good lady what she asks.

If I'd been stupid enough to get into that situation: buying a house and spending lots of money on it-this is quite clkear by looking at it, in an area that had been dying for years and was getting worse in front of my eyes, I'd be glad of the second chance.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 09:42:53 pm »

Stupid! Now that’s a good one. Check out soft brick houses. That was your investment.
Who said the area was dying? WMDC held back on that one, read back on the files.
So a second chance is to loose out on your retirement plan. Ironic this could be you because of a different problem.
seneca bond

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 09:21:09 am »

Stupid! Now that’s a good one. Check out soft brick houses. That was your investment.
Who said the area was dying? WMDC held back on that one, read back on the files.
So a second chance is to loose out on your retirement plan. Ironic this could be you because of a different problem.

the plaace had been going downhill for decades.

My father owned his house on Ashcroft Avenue because he could see the direction the estate was heading in. It had been our home since 1959, and it was a great place to live, even if it was knowen as 'cardboard city', but it was deteriorating in front of his eyes and he got out. Why? Because he wasn't stupid.

it won't be me, because I have retired. My mortgage aftyer years of hard work in a responsible job by me nd my wife is paid.

People should take responsibility for their own lives. The 'second chance' is to be esxtricated from a self created mess.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 07:38:29 pm »

The Pont & Cas portrays a picture of one resident although mentioning others. There are three residents left. For what it will cost to serve, fight and pursue a compulsory purchase order funded out of our tax’s surly it would be wise to simply pay the market price out of the money allocated to do this. The same pot of cash used to pay all the other people off and also the same pot that over the last 7 years has increased in payout size. That is unless the pot of cash has been used elsewhere?

How can people caught in a Big Brother made hell be responsible for the position they are now in?
seneca bond

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 09:52:15 pm »

the market price of these houses is just about zero. The houses are worthless.

What they are being offered far exceeds what the houses are worth.

These people have only themselves to blame.
Whistleblower

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:12 pm »

the plaace had been going downhill for decades.

My father owned his house on Ashcroft Avenue because he could see the direction the estate was heading in. It had been our home since 1959, and it was a great place to live, even if it was knowen as 'cardboard city', but it was deteriorating in front of his eyes and he got out. Why? Because he wasn't stupid.

it won't be me, because I have retired. My mortgage aftyer years of hard work in a responsible job by me nd my wife is paid.

People should take responsibility for their own lives. The 'second chance' is to be esxtricated from a self created mess.
He got £8000 for it, if he’d kept it and rented it out when he went into the pub business you could be getting £150000 for it now plus all them years rent  Huh
Whistleblower

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »

How do you work that out, yes I agree it’s a good offer for a house with a structural defect but you cant blame them for the way the estates gone, that’s down to our glorious Labour council, have a read on here its all documented
seneca bond

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 05:41:27 pm »

How do you work that out, yes I agree it’s a good offer for a house with a structural defect but you cant blame them for the way the estates gone, that’s down to our glorious Labour council, have a read on here its all documented
I'm not blaming anyone for anything.
other people had the foresight and common sense to sell there houses.
why should people who didn't have that common sense and foresight be subsidised? Because that's what it ammounts to
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »

Hang on a minute; yes you are blaming the residents. People were bullied out of their homes for a pittance of the value. You state you dislike bullies. You should hear the tape recordings (whoops that person was quickly moved to another department).
So what you are saying after reading all the facts just here nether mind else where is that is an O.A.P. bullied out of their home early on for 25% of their property value was the person at fault?
The people left are not scared of bullies. Lanbour Cllr Graham Isherwood was recently told to get lost when he called a resident with a false sales pitch.
Common sense or fight the rip off Big Brother.
seneca bond

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2011, 08:53:12 pm »

the place had been going down the tubes for years. Anybody with half a brain sold their houses well before this fiasco.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 06:33:25 pm »

So what all your negative words boil down to, in your opinion, is none of the residents that are left have at least half a brain. A bit harsh when talking about Featherstone folk. Sad
seneca bond

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 07:10:04 pm »

well they haven't acted very smartly, maybe they were greedy I don't know. I don't believe in stereotyping entire groups of people with ther same characteristics.
Forkhandles

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 07:53:03 pm »

I know two of the residents who have taken the offer,and both were satisfied Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 07:58:51 pm »

Oh dear, the planning application put forward to WMDC planning Just before Christmas (the best time to use days off to get an application passed) for an alteration of highways did not pass. Instead un-usually it also did not fail but was  referred “due to a number of complications”.
Complications all right! How do you amend a planning application that has not yet passed? Sure WMDC will show us the way.
Also interesting is the highways response when questioned how much tax payers money has been wasted on behalf of the commercial company conducting the development, “we will do what we see fit”.

Oh dear Oh dear it appears there is another bully on the scene. Another Girnhill resident has been verbally attacked in public by a Cllr regards getting him out. Will the Pont & Cas print this? Roll Eyes
Kim685

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 11:58:10 pm »

Came through Girnhill last week and there looks to be only 1 occupied house left?

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum