Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:53:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Girnhill Lane Archived News 6

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girnhill Lane Archived News 6  (Read 721 times)
Kim685

« on: January 20, 2011, 08:50:45 pm »

I was brought up in cardboard city and have some happy memories. It was a decent place to live once
It was a lovely estate years ago
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:30:11 pm »

Looks like WMDC will be ignoring every security and safety issue they have been made aware of for the last 5 years, AGAIN.

Suppose WMDC consider the new rockery in front an improvement. The neighbors surrounding paying full rates do not.

The properties boarded up this week just had to be incorrect. Notice the same thin tin sheets nailed to the windows. Also notice the “strong door cover”. So strong it has been bent back with a piece of 4” x 1”. WMDC could ask how do you know? Because the wood used the prize back the door cover is still stuck in the frame.

The best bit has to be the can of petrol placed next to the front door. Looks like our taxes will be paying for the fire brigade again.
How soon before the 112th fire? Days, weeks, months?

Whistleblower

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:49:55 pm »

Has the council tipped the rubbish there ?  Huh
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:47:56 pm »

Joanne Roney OBE

Chief Executive

Wakefield Council

Town Hall

Wood Street

WAKEFIELD

WF1 2HQ

Ref: Another house fire and more shortly

Dear Mrs Roney OBE

My apologies for having to bring this issue to your attention but over the last four years your officers have been contacted and informed verbally and in writing with huge concerns regards the arson attacks on the Featherstone Girnhill Estate that still continue to this day. The records are extensive and are well worth a read.

Sadly today again after WMDC did not listen or act the 113th house fire on the estate in 4 years was started by arsonists.

My reason for contacting you is obviously in the hope that this madness will be stopped but also to inform you of the events of this week as they are a very good example of what has been going on.

At the end of last week shutters were fitted to houses on the estate after residents had moved out. By Saturday afternoon the front door shutter of one house had been prized open with a small piece of timber and an attempt had been made to poor petrol in to the opening. This was reported to WMDC on Saturday. By Sunday afternoon the door was still prized open and the timber used to bend the door was still stuck in the door. The petrol can used was also still by the front door.

By Tuesday nothing had changed. At the Featherstone regeneration meeting Tuesday evening Janet Howley who has been contacted tens of times over the years gave information that the timber and petrol can had been removed and that repairs had been made. Also WMDC were paying for 24 hour security.

I again informed the officers present that;

1. The window shutters were again tin foil and worthless

2. The door shutters were less adequate than the ones that WMDC had actually agreed work and had begun to fit at previous addresses.

3. The door shutter was still prized open with the timber lever still in the frame.

4. A petrol can was still at the front door.

5. Unless immediate action was taken the houses would burn down with in days.

6. Any houses burning would have to be attended by the Fire service. This is an unfair cost and use of their service that could be better used else where.

I received a call today just before 1pm that the same house was now on fire. I have a particular interest in this house for the reasons I have stated and further because it was the home of a good friend. After 35 minutes due to the new traffic queues, pile of tarmac in the middle of the road and a HGV coming towards me the wrong way up a one way system I managed to travel the 1 mile to the property. I noticed as I neared the property “usual suspects”. I found 2 Fire appliances putting out the outbuildings.

The timber lever was still in the damaged front door and the petrol can was still by the door. Nothing had altered. It appears that the security is blatantly non existent. The security company needs sacking.

Sadly by the time you read these concerns the property/s will be burnt to the ground. Not that this appears to concern WMDC.

I have to ask. Why the continued inadequacies?

For the sake of others lives I have copied this letter to the Arson Task Force.

I have also copied this letter to the local police inspector as up until a big fuss was made recently the police stance on the 100 plus arsons was that they had never been reported to them.

WMDC have been provided with data sheets showing what shutters will actually work. I would appreciate your intervention to prevent more fires.

Regards Wink

Doberman1979

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:23:09 am »

Hi all

Did Girnhill residents all use the same solicitor? If so does anyone have their details please?

Simon
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 07:42:27 pm »

Over the years there have been about 3/ 4 solicitors. A few were employed by private individuals for themselves. The majority have used one solicitor who is still active on the case and who has also quite often worked for free.
For the obvious reasons and not to post on a forum, happy to email the name and number if it helps. Grin
Doberman1979

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 07:52:27 pm »

Would you mind please? as an admin do you see my email address in my profile?
seneca bond

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 06:44:27 pm »

how sad
I was brought up in Ashcroft Avenue-'Scotch Hill'
I don't go in for nostalgia, but it was good lioving there whan I was a kid.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:50:55 pm »

A recent comment by some one calling themselves Christopher regards the Girnhill estate missed the latest pictures…
Must be just before demolition time a again as last night the firers started again… but hey they are secure and watched??? Roll Eyes
Whistleblower

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 03:32:04 pm »

What got set on fire this time ?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:18 pm »

Sorry Whistleblower I should have made it clearer. The day before the corner house on Girnhill was to be demolished it was set on fire. It was knocked down before a picture was taken.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 07:11:04 pm »

Had this passed today and had to smile at the spirit. Go on girl... Grin

To the editor
I was intrigued to read more of your article “regeneration top on town’s agenda”. As a Featherstone Girnhill Estate resident I was shocked to read the comment from Cllr Graham Isherwood “it just shows were going in the right direction”. History states that Cllr Isherwood was one of those responsible for creating the hellish estate I have had to live in for the past eight years after his vote to improve.
Cllr Isherwood lives in Featherstone and being a Featherstone Cllr I wonder if he has considered moving in to the many empty houses on my estate he voted to make empty and run down? There are plenty of bargains up here on the estate that is if you go by the valuation from Wakefield District Council.

Yours

A female Featherstone resident
Forkhandles

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 07:23:23 pm »

Graham isherwood does live in featherstone Grin
seneca bond

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:56 pm »

I thought Graham isherwood does live in featherstone Grin
born and bred
Forkhandles

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 08:40:19 pm »

born and bred

Yes,i've known him all my life he was born and brought up in purston on the estate at the back of the travs,lea lane. Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 08:36:36 pm »

Let’s hope the P&C point that out.
You can’t fault the comments as Cllr Isherwoods signature was the last thing the Girnhill residents were given before he ran off to a safe seat in Crofton. Eight years later what help can he offer the residents whose homes he helped to sink?
Whistleblower

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/local/we_will_not_be_forced_out_1_3507753
Whistleblower

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »

I bet Isherwood daren't knock on Mrs Greaves door with a cpo notice  Grin go on Graham i dare you  Wink Grin
seneca bond

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »

born and bred

Yes,i've known him all my life he was born and brought up in purston on the estate at the back of the travs,lea lane. Grin
me too
his mam and dad Les and May were my unofficial uncle and auntie. I used to stay at their house sometimes. Les was my dad's best mate.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 08:16:52 pm »

I raise my hat and bow to the best heartedly put forward TV coverage with best solicitor’s statement given yet on behalf of the abused Girnhill residents. If you missed look north at 6.30pm tonight then its well worth a look at 10.25pm tonight.
For those who viewed tonight how ironic that the reporter had rubble thrown at him. Such has been the blatant disregard by a few youths and part of the torment they have caused for over five years.

You have my arm to fight for your castles on the forth coming day. Where the politics stand will be very, very interesting.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum