Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:26:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ten bob millionaire housing developments

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten bob millionaire housing developments  (Read 1240 times)
seneca bond

« on: August 22, 2012, 10:33:23 am »

Dear Bond,
              I do wish you would stop mentioning your past as if it's the 'bond show'. I'm not really interested in your boring stories of soiled underpants and mouldy cream crackers.
there are good and bad 'working class' people, good andf bad 'middle class' people. To judge people and their values on the basis of their social background is at best a kind of crude inverted snobbery, or complete ignorance of the world around them.
I don't care whether they are working class, middle class or upper class, they are nailed up in an housing estate segregated from the rest of us with six feet fences. They don't mix with us, they don't mix with each other, most of them are from out of town and have no interest in the town they live - just the fact it was cheaper than living in Birmingham or London. Its a sort of concentration camp for people that don't understand whats happening to them. They couldn't resist you see Bond, someone offered them a cheaper alternative to their city dwelling.
so you don't watch tv? What do you do instead?
TV has been a major part in peoples lives for going on 60 years.
No I don't watch TV Bond, unless it's a good documentory, maybe a footy match or a film. The rest of the crap on there like the news, Coronation street etc is for sheeple.
What do I do with my time? Well, I have several hobbies which I enjoy and I generally spend the rest of my time trying to work out how s h i t ticks.
I don't care that you have a similar looking object to an iphone, i'm only interested if it can make toast.
as for your last question, didn't you step onto a 'soap box' when you started this ill concieved thread?

If I wish to mention my past, and indeed my prsdent then I will if I consider it relevant.
What I said was relevant because;
it highlights the fact that;

In 19th century working class terrced houses, there was more often than not a six foot tall barrier between those houses at the rear-not a fence but a brick wall, so this is neither new, nor necessarily alienating. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with this since people are entitled to a bit of privacy.

People in working class communities are a mixture of good and bad, same as anybody else.

The Coal Board estate was an 'isolated estate'. I lived on it for many years. People again, were no better or worse than people anywhere else. And anyway aren't these new houses to be built near the centre of town?

Owning a mobile phone isn't a crime or a sin. There is nothing new about people not wishing to interract with one another if they don't want to, and there is nothing new about people watching tv. General TV use goes back about 60 years now. They started to proliferate in Earle Street in the 1950s.

You say you have nothing against people from different backgrounds, and with different aspirations, yet you call one such group 'ten bob millionaires' and dismiss them as 'empty heads in large houses': what all of them? How do you know these people have 'empty heads'.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum