Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 31, 2020, 08:52:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Ten bob millionaire housing developments

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten bob millionaire housing developments  (Read 847 times)
seneca bond

« on: August 10, 2012, 07:25:55 pm »

when people move to an area they become part of the local population.

what is wrong with professional people living in a town? What is wrong with 'ten bob millionaires'? They are hard working people who want to improve their lives, and the lives of their families.
As a child I lived in a terraced street in Featherstone. the houses were divided at the backs by six feet high walls. people are entitled to some privacy.
I've lived also on the coal board estate, been homeless living on the streets, lived in the slums of Glasgow and Bradford, a village in rural Norfolk and the leafy suburbs north of Leeds. I've found:

people aren't good or bad because of their social class. You become good or bad through your actions. being middle class doesn't make you bad, being working class(or indeed underclass) doesn't make you good, and vice versa, and I'm sure this applies to 'ten bob millionaires'(what a snobbish label).

People are caring, supportive of each other, or uncaring and isolated in any kind of living environment.

For example: in my childhood I saw domestic violence, drunkenness, thuggery, extreme empathy(my parents brought up next door's baby as their own , when her mother ws in Stanley Royd with post natal depression) in the streets in Featherstone  where I lived.

I've seen a similar pattern wherever I have lived, and where I live.

To stop people moving into a dying town like Featherstone because  there is a traffic jam in the lane on a morning is silly.
I walked up the lane today to the hardware store. I really like this shop. Friendly service, good prices, plenty to choose from. There are other good places as well. It's nice to see model shops. I have no interest in building models, but it seems that plenty of people out there are interested. A quality fruit and veg shop, a famous newsagents that I've shopped at since I bought comics there as a child, a home brew shop, a cracking sandwich shop-carolyns is butty paradise, and an industrialsafety shop. A Top quality chippy.
Otherwise places are shut down, thre market place increasingly depressing, there are too manay nail bars and hairdressers and dodgy fast food joints. Oh and Betfred.

There's nowehere to go at night apart from the appalling last Orders. Nowehere apart from to be fair the excellent Lidl to buy interesting food. There is only one butchers and a mediocre one at that.
The town  needs new blood, people with jobs, income aspirations, and interests. It also needs, the daily 'gridlock' notwithstanfing, people living in the middle of the place.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum