Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:14:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Jon Trickett MP Speaking in Yesterday's Parliament

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Trickett MP Speaking in Yesterday's Parliament  (Read 508 times)
Featherstonian
Administrator

« on: May 23, 2008, 12:35:16 pm »

Jon Trickett (Hemsworth, Labour) As reported by Hansard

Considering the depth of damage done to coalfield communities under the Conservative Administration, the Labour Government have made major moves forward in regeneration. Will my right hon. and learned Friend arrange for a debate to discuss the regeneration of former coalfield areas, so that we can celebrate the work of the Coalfield Regeneration Trust and English Partnerships? I should like to press for further regeneration in the Featherstone town area, which is one of those areas that have not yet been fully regenerated.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:33:42 pm »

oh this is a good one. might even be worth a reply to him. the regeneration of Featherstone has been held back for the last 5 years by his mates. grid lock roads blame john, he was given an option on plate and turned his back.
the regeneration of Featherstone is as questionable as a 9 bob note. take a look at this reply from WMDC,

thanks ******

I have taken this up with the Major Projects team in Regeneration and they have responded by saying that they will ensure that the wording in the implementation  framework Re Chesney’s/ Plaza and Post Office Rd developments is appropriate, eg Date to be determined , subject to further public consultation. Hopefully this should be OK.

Regards,

Bob

Bob Foster

Sport and Recreation Manager

Sport and Active Lifestyles

Wakefield Metropolitan District Council

Normanton Town Hall

High Street

Normanton

West Yorkshire WF6 2DZ

Telephone: 01924 307812

Fax: 01924 307816

www.wakefield.gov.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: ****** ****** [mailto:diy@garethyates.wanadoo.co.uk]
Sent: 21 April 2008 20:23
To: Bickerton, Roy (Cllr); Kay Binnersley; Foster, Robert
Subject: masterplan

hi Bob,

during the meeting today the master plan was brought up. this subject was raised at the last meeting where you gave me the first copy of the document. since then I have studied the document and I questioned the plan as it was not the correct plan. I explained that Denise Jefferies had stated at the last public open meeting that the 2 items, the precinct and the end of post office road were to be removed due to public and committee disapproval. I have attached the letter from Denise that states what the public and steering committee were told. I would be grateful if the person responsible for the mistake be found and what actions WMDC are going to take to rectify the problem. I am sure you understand the concern the residents and business's that will be demolished are feeling.

my personal view is that some one has told an untruth for the purpose of development. development is often led by money and not people as many locals have seen the Girnhill estate.

I look forward to the reply as so do the residents concerned.

regards

well john looks like you can start by saving another set of peoples homes or even getting off your ass and come to talk to us. Angry
Mr T

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:13:17 pm »

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Popeye

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 09:10:59 pm »

Sniff Sniff, I smell s***e drifting back amongst us  Shocked Shocked. Thought the campaigning was over, forgot about next spring and the probable General Election. Wonder where I can get good odds.mm  Grin Grin Cool Cool
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 04:54:11 pm »

ARE YOU WITH US OR AGAINST US?

Can I ask if your last item in this paper “MP calls for cash” was a labour party press release or news item by the press? I am sure you know my reason for asking.
You contradict yourself. On one hand you have worked for years to regenerate Featherstone as printed in the press, yet what you say in the Commons is different e.g. you voted YES to close post offices and run down the Girnhill estate.
I cannot see any mention of you talking to the Featherstone chamber of trade who have been working with the regeneration team to actually do something and soon. I cannot see also any mention of the second master plan for Featherstone. The first was thrown away remember because it was wrong. The second one is worse.  It can be proved with documents it is also a lie. Featherstone gets knocked down for housing with no added services. I am trying my dam best to stop this plan. What are you doing with your many staff members? Printing labour leaflets?
The grid lock roads in Featherstone are your fault. You were given the solution and help to do it 5 years ago. Others solving the problems became the last we heard from you. I ask again, can I see your survey?
 Lastly, “the labour investment in Featherstone”. I assume this is the same list on the incorrect labour party leaflets that recently came through my door e.g. such as the insurance money that paid for the sports centre not labour investment. So outraged with the labour leaflet someone wrote to Peter Box and asked for the exact details of labour investment. After drawing the blood from the stone the answer was “nil”. So the leaflets were un-true.
Time to stop acting like children, John. When do wish to meet and actually start doing something positive? There is a lot of hard work to do. “Many hands” spring to mind.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum