Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:31:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

WHAT BUSINESSES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ON STATION LANE?

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT BUSINESSES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ON STATION LANE?  (Read 607 times)
seneca bond

« on: October 29, 2011, 06:39:17 pm »

I think there are too many fast food outlets-although lanes Chippy is the business, and carolyn's  is top level, and too many nail bars.

You can't buy decent clothing in Featherstone-you used to be able to.
I'd like a proper deli/cafe

a restaurant other than a curry house

a shoe shop

it's good that there is a decent hardware store, butchers, and greengrocers.

I think it's a shame that there isn't much going on at night on a frequent and regular basis, and that the town isn't a place that people from outside the town visit for business or pleasure other than rovers' games.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

lillyandmargret

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:36:22 pm »

Having visited Garforth I think that is an excellent example of a high street. Chain stores as well as independants, including clothing stores with varying prices. They also have a good variety of food outlets including restaurants. I think whoever is responsible for what goes in Station Lane (if anyone is!!) should visit Garforth high street and see how it's done. If Featherstone was more like Garforth I for one would shop more often here!
Forkhandles

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 08:19:55 pm »

Like you Seneca bond i can remember when you could buy a suite or a pair of shoes in featherstone,and i'd like to see a clothes shop and a shoe shop back in the town,i've often wondered how a variety club on similar lines to the wakefield theatre club would go down in featherstone.
seneca bond

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 09:33:02 am »

Having visited Garforth I think that is an excellent example of a high street. Chain stores as well as independants, including clothing stores with varying prices. They also have a good variety of food outlets including restaurants. I think whoever is responsible for what goes in Station Lane (if anyone is!!) should visit Garforth high street and see how it's done. If Featherstone was more like Garforth I for one would shop more often here!
I visit Garforth regularly and I agree with you. Tickhill near Doncaster is another, smaller template.
Victor

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 09:56:37 pm »

We still need as we have for many years a decent supermarket
No more take aways
No more hair nail salons, just how many do we need
A clothes shop say like a Primark or Peacocks

But at least we have one of the best food Delis in the area, Carolyns Deli provides superb food
Also we have a great DIY shop, if they havent got it theyl get it for you, great service
And Cables butchers, best sausages around, and a good variety of other meats
seneca bond

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 09:45:48 am »

We still need as we have for many years a decent supermarket
No more take aways
No more hair nail salons, just how many do we need
A clothes shop say like a Primark or Pea****s

But at least we have one of the best food Delis in the area, Carolyns Deli provides superb food
Also we have a great DIY shop, if they havent got it theyl get it for you, great service
And Cables butchers, best sausages around, and a good variety of other meats

Carolyn's is brilliant. Roast ham all on with salad cream not mayo, scotch egg, job's a good un. I would like a deli that sold ingredients though if you see what I mean. IMHO featherstone has an excellent supermarket.

The DIY shop provides a good service.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum