Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:21:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18569 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2010, 08:55:49 pm »

town centre trail ?what town centre
the one many people are trying hard not to fold all together Sad
lost deads again my bottom Angry
that will be a stall for a political person later Angry
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
fev angel

« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2010, 09:00:30 pm »

Been told today that there's not going to be a supermarket on the old gas site, (reliable source)...... it's going to be a park  Huh
[/

this isent good at all  Angry
Kim685

« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2010, 05:11:05 pm »

Heard today that Lidl have pulled out of the old gas site and Netto have took over, anyone know if it's true? I hope it isn't

RainbowWarrior

« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2010, 11:41:55 am »

I'm not too worried who owns it as long as we get a supermarket a.s.a.p. Makes you think though! I thought the Green's said they would NEVER negotiate with Netto. It's all very strange!!

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
Mr T

« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2010, 12:38:38 pm »

You hear so many different stories regarding whose going to build our supermarket, so I am one of those that takes everything I hear with a pinch of salt and what will be will be! One of the stories I heard was that Netto had bought the gas house in order to thwart Lidl's plans, but like I said, If it's true...it's true...and if not....well...I think you get where I'm going  Grin. The other thing I heard was that all they are doing for now, is clearing the site, and only when it's cleared are they (Whoever "They" may be) going to put planning permission in! My, the Featherstone grapevine is unbelievably huge isn't it... Grin. I still say, to build the supermarket there is totally ridiculous when there is a perfect location a few hundred yards down the road on the old Crystal Drinks site!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
merlin

« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2010, 02:07:49 pm »

Why does Featherstone need a supermarket?
apart from buying everything together in one place and paying by card what would Netto or Lidl offer us?
in the Lane i can buy, bread, milk, tinned goods, meat, all deli items, veg, fruit, alcohol, flowers, cards, stamps, cakes, pet food, clothes, Pizzas, curries, all diy etc all at excellent freshness and quality.
Would a supermarket harm the current businesses?
Would it be possible for the existing businesses to form a single point of contact and work together, therefore negating the need for a supermarket.
Afterall when we had kwiksave it was always empty when i went in.
Kim685

« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2010, 04:02:00 pm »

Had it confirmed today by the Greens (via Dick Taylor) that it is definately going to be Lidl

Forkhandles

« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:14 pm »

Yes kim, according to my very very reliable info, definitely lidl Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2010, 09:47:11 pm »

Who is being a bully?
Contractors working on site for 2 weeks starting at 6am.
The scaffold on the public highway should have a licence attached that should be inspected by the local authority upon installation.  The scaffold constructed blocks the highway enough that it is closed and a closure order should have been applied for. What ever way erected a pedestrian tunnel should have been created.
Demolition towards the road left an unstable building that could have fallen on the road.
You will have seen 2 houses demolished on Pontefract road leaving 2 terrace houses. One has an exposed wall. This house belongs to an 80 year old lady. She cannot get out of her back door. She is covered in dust. She has 16 ft of rubble piled against her home.
The irony is no complaints other than the dear old lady and her district cllr. Why no complaints from Brendon power, Peter roper and Featherstone labour party? Last year they made up to 3 complaints a day for 9 months of people fitting plastic covers in the precinct.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2010, 06:32:36 pm »

Then it was gone.
The clearest view you will probably enjoy for another 100 years.

Mr T

« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2010, 06:11:04 pm »

As you know, I'm a believe it when I see it person and I have just let all the different rumours of what it's going to be and who's bought what go over my head, but now I do believe it's going to be a Lidl as the site manager invited my parents into his cabin and showed them the plans when they enquired as to what it's going to be! However, when I passed the site yesterday, I thought they were building us a new Lister baths! I passed at 8pm and I'd noticed that they had dug way down into the foundations, but unfortunately at the same time, they had buggered up the water pipes and water was gushing out! It had filled up quite considerably when I went passed! It wasn't a small area of water either! I hope they all had their arm bands on this morning when they went to work  Grin

"I PITY THE FOOL"
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2010, 10:08:08 pm »

Was always glad you’re a fact man Mr T.    Let’s do some, unless the usual off putters can say different;
1.   Modex still owns the site up till Friday.
2.   Lidle have given £10k towards a monument to be placed on the corner of the junction.
3.   The water is a problem. A big problem never mind the contamination.
4.   A super market can be built and will start in August. The work you see now is ground works by contactor.
5.   A supermarket can be built but there is still no passed planning application for a safe entrance.
6.   A supermarket will open in February 2011. How they get in to it will be an interesting comparison to many happenings in the last few years around Featherstone.

And for those poor people suffering around the ground work today was a free gift. Surrounding residents received a Lidle hamper.
What about a cleaner?
Tigger

« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2010, 11:13:24 am »

Great news Mr T, finally some positive info Smiley
Featherstonian
Administrator

« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »

Guess this is why Netto never materialised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10171193.stm
belle

« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2010, 09:46:46 pm »

Firstly,  Im sick to the back teeth of hearing people find fault in everything..."its not the right location " "we dont want a Lidl" " look at the mess its causing"  ....we are getting a supermarket !!  ..isnt that what we've been fighting for ?? ..or have i missed something ? Does it matter which supermarket we get ? ..i dont think it matters to the less able who are having to struggle into town to buy neccessities ..im sure they are very pleased that their life will be made that bit easier. !!

Secondly, The only way things will improve in Featherstone is if people work together and stop bickering like adolecents , its ridiculous !!! Is they are not willing to put aside their personal differences then perhaps they should take a back seat and let the people who really care about Featherstone make it a better place because its such a bad example to set. Sometimes in life we have to do things and work alongside people we dont really like in order to achieve what we set out to do. Roll Eyes

san!

« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2010, 07:48:37 am »

very good point Belle, been saying that for a long time!!!
Forkhandles

« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2010, 08:58:47 am »

Excelent post belle, and so true Grin
fugodsake

« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2010, 01:00:28 pm »

Way to go Belle.  Like you, I find it ridiculous that those who claim to be working for the good of Featherstone spend much of their time arguing and maligning each other
Paul

« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »

Most supermarkets offer something for everyone. My thoughts are Lidle is one of the few supermarkets i wouldnt get all my weekly shopping from, but its a start. Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #279 on: June 28, 2010, 08:04:39 pm »

Lets work together?
So thats why there are a number of vehicle counting cameras now working to pass an all ready failed entrance application?
If you owned a house on Pontefract road that faced possible demolishion by highways after the building is finished wouldnt you wish for someone to fight your corner?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum