Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:12:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18659 times)
Forkhandles

« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2009, 02:17:59 pm »

I say stuff the girnhill lane supermarket plans, john jacksons idea is much better, its a bigger site, and there wont be any traffic problems, theres a big entrance on wakefield road, theres also a entrance on priory road, i think we should all get behind john in this idea.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
fev angel

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2009, 02:45:37 pm »

well done john great work i will support you and feel many others will WELL DONE
Forkhandles

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2009, 03:49:14 pm »

John jackson's just an ordinary guy CS, i don't think there's been any plans drawn up yet, its just in its infancy, it won't take much planning at all, the entrance on wakefield road has been taking heavy goods traffic for years, with no problems at all.
belle

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2009, 05:31:28 pm »

I completely agree Forkhandles  Wink.........it makes much more sense to have the supermarket on that site ...as you say there is already an entrance which has been taking large vehicles for some years so that shouldnt pose any problem whatsoever and there is ample land for the supermarket and parking facilities.....so far in the fight for a supermarket i have read and shrugged my shoulders at the plans and rumours ,not because i think we dont need one but because im not conviced that the old gas works is the place to out one .. yards from a busy crossroads !!!!!!!! ......  but this is much more suitable and i agree 100% that this is where we should be fighting to put the supermarket  Grin
belle

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2009, 06:43:51 pm »

Yes CS we are  Smiley
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2009, 09:23:53 pm »

I have been looking on the WMDC website at the planning documents for both stores and fail to see the problems with regards to highways on the plans for Lidl    Huh

I am no expert but as far as i can see Lidl offers 2 entrances/exits for customers, 1 on wakefield road and 1 on girnhill lane. They also offer a seperate entrance/exit for HGV's. Whereas Netto plans offer just 1 entrance/exit for all vehicles  Huh

Am I reading the plans incorrectly or have i missed something?Huh?

Netto plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KG0WMDQQ04200

Lidl plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KA5TAGQQ06V00

Lidls plan offer 2 entrances but no improvement alteration to the present traffic lights nor the width of the road for HGVS to turn left around on the corner.
Nettos plan has 1 entrance by a new slow curved wide slip road and replaces the lights to what so many people have complained they should be, a full 4 way system that can only ever be built by obtaining some land.
Hope that makes things a little clearer. Grin
Forkhandles

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2009, 10:45:25 pm »

I have been looking on the WMDC website at the planning documents for both stores and fail to see the problems with regards to highways on the plans for Lidl    Huh

I am no expert but as far as i can see Lidl offers 2 entrances/exits for customers, 1 on wakefield road and 1 on girnhill lane. They also offer a seperate entrance/exit for HGV's. Whereas Netto plans offer just 1 entrance/exit for all vehicles  Huh

Am I reading the plans incorrectly or have i missed something?Huh?

Netto plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KG0WMDQQ04200

Lidl plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KA5TAGQQ06V00

Lidls plan offer 2 entrances but no improvement alteration to the present traffic lights nor the width of the road for HGVS to turn left around on the corner.
Nettos plan has 1 entrance by a new slow curved wide slip road and replaces the lights to what so many people have complained they should be, a full 4 way system that can only ever be built by obtaining some land.
Hope that makes things a little clearer. Grin

As i said, it would make much more sense to concentrate on the citra site, no alterations need to be made to the roadways.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2009, 11:01:15 pm »

What a strange story. John Jackson (labour) who is actually an ok guy (there is only a handful) but crops up on various campaigns that are politically motivated. My hat of to anyone who tries but there seems to be a lot of information missing.
You would have thought that in the great supermarket quest that all the information would have been gathered before going to press, obviously not. Why?
Do you not think that the site has all ready been considered? The responses from the many supermarkets contacted over the last 18 months with regards the site was surprising. Amazingly the site is too big for many. The alterations to create a junction again surprisingly came in at a very high cost after listening to what WMDC highways considered passable. The distance from the town centre although short to some is considered another reason why the site is unviable to supermarkets.
Then what about the owner of the land? They have been involved with all the talks. They are a business. They see a supermarket as un-viable hence why they have just renewed their planning application for houses on the site.
Funny fact for Mr Jackson this week is that within the village green application (because of its complaints by Clive + Dick) it has been stated that off road bike use (Mr Jackson’s very valid attempt on the stacks to control the motorbikes) will be back prosecuted for trespass. My opinion is he is getting dragged in.
As for rumors the plans are linked on this site as to what is going on.
To make any significant improvement to the retail outlet in Station lane a super market is needed close by. The retailers know this and the supermarkets know that they need the retailers.
Forkhandles

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2009, 11:17:12 pm »

Gareth, why do you always try to scupper any plans for a supermarket in feath, do not say you don't, the evidence is on this forum, i've never seen any favourable views from you, i suppose the bloody citra site will be a village green soon, i know, why not make all feath a VILLAGE GREEN, THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL TO YOURSELF, because any idea, thats not instigated by you, you seem to be against, i used to think highly of you, but not any more, i think you've been mates with the leave it with me man for too long.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2009, 11:29:19 pm »

Bloody hell Mr Gentry, the red mist aint half fallen on you.
Scupper what? What did I write that’s not a documented fact? The Citra site is what it is. As for a village green I am sure ther will only ever be 3 in Featherstone. Yes you know 2. As your being an ass I will let you pass the 3rd to the labour party to stew on.
Where did I say I was against in the facts I offered?
So we are now not mates because the facts have been offered. What about Mr Jackson (labour) who could face prosecution by his own party for getting off his ass and trying? Will you now not be his mate to? Play ground stuff. Your comments can only be replied with DITO.
Sad Sad Roll Eyes
fev angel

« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2009, 11:42:32 pm »

Iam more than sure john Jackson as the rest off us are only thinking we need a supermarket he cant be at fault for putting is thoughts to everyone surely as far as I can see he is a up standing citizen and just wants the best for Featherstone not for any personal gain just because we need one
belle

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2009, 02:38:06 pm »

Here we go again .........thats why nothing ever gets done and thats why Featherstone is a S**T hole because all anybody is interested in is bloody bickering and fault findings  !!!!!!!!!!!

I dont support ANY party for THAT reason ... ..........i dont care whether Labour , Independant or Coco the bloody Clown gets improvements made including a Supermarket as long as THEY DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tongue
Forkhandles

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2009, 06:54:14 pm »

Here we go again .........thats why nothing ever gets done and thats why Featherstone is a S**T hole because all anybody is interested in is bloody bickering and fault findings  !!!!!!!!!!!

I dont support ANY party for THAT reason ... ..........i dont care whether Labour , Independant or Coco the bloody Clown gets improvements made including a Supermarket as long as THEY DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tongue

go for it belle Grin Grin Grin Grin
Unicorn

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2009, 07:49:13 pm »

Well said Belle, i support every thing you have said, it is time we all stood together on this then we just MAY GET A SUPERMARKET.
fev angel

« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2009, 09:12:35 pm »

The thing is belle we aren’t allowed an opinion as long a it goes one way I got sick to the back teeth of political rubbish and got away from it all I can say is we all should be backing john Jackson because he is doing it for the good of the town
fev angel

« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:35 pm »

To be truthful I don’t think anyone knows all we here is its everyone els to blame but the whole fact is we need one and fast
Forkhandles

« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2009, 08:15:52 pm »

Excellent post CS Grin
RainbowWarrior

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2009, 11:44:36 am »

Well expressed Citizen. At last an unbiased view and what appears to be an accurate explanation of where we stand. Thank you Smiley

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
fev angel

« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2009, 11:14:46 pm »

Fev needs a supermarket has had good responses regarding john Jackson please come along and join us
fev angel

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2009, 11:49:11 pm »

We have been saying your exact words for ages people should stop building people hopes up as far as john Jackson is know he doesn’t own the land but he has researched it and he made s stand

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum