Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:02:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18547 times)
saneasaduck

« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2009, 05:19:48 pm »

Would this not be a good opportunity to get rid of the traffic lights and have a roundabout at the junction. At least people tend to stop and look at round abouts and the traffic does keep a steady flow where at the moment the traffic lights are more of a hazard with people trying to beat the red light it would be interesting to know how many accidents have occured there over the past few years
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
fev angel

« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2009, 05:20:59 pm »

i bet there has been a few there
Tigger

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2009, 05:23:15 pm »

good point saneasaduck, i for one had an accident there and know of a few more who have also had accidents at that junction.
Roundabout would be a much better option
Forkhandles

« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2009, 07:33:34 pm »

Thats a cracking idea saneasaduck Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2009, 08:26:22 pm »

What a refreshing change!

Did anyone notice a perfectly good conversation has just been had, BRILL.

A roundabout sound fine, I just don’t know about peak times. The one comparison was the old roundabout in front of the Oriental at Pontefract. My opinion was that it worked well and the lights frigged it up.
The traffic lights will need attention which leads to my big concern. The proposed plan does bugar all to help. Don’t forget the 380 homes that have now grown to 400 and I am sure will increase before Girnhill is rebuilt.
j4elephant

« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2009, 10:23:15 pm »

A roundabout sound fine, I just don’t know about peak times. The one comparison was the old roundabout in front of the Oriental at Pontefract. My opinion was that it worked well and the lights frigged it up.
The traffic lights will need attention which leads to my big concern. The proposed plan does bugar all to help. Don’t forget the 380 homes that have now grown to 400 and I am sure will increase before Girnhill is rebuilt.

There as been some prety god comments on the forum tonight
instead of arguments, it as been good to read the comments
anymore sugestions about bottom of lane and the supermarket

JOAN
Brian Potter

« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2009, 10:10:31 am »

The road from Girnhill Lane would need to be widened. If 2 cars or a bus is turning right towards Pontefract, nothing can get past. More and more these days the traffic backs up past the club, and that's before a supermarket.
Forkhandles

« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2009, 11:21:16 am »

What if some cars could be encouraged to go out by the fire station, surely that would lighten the load on the lights, and don't forget, a lot of people will be going to the supermarket on foot Grin
Forkhandles

« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2009, 11:32:58 am »

There as been some prety god comments on the forum tonight
instead of arguments, it as been good to read the comments
anymore sugestions about bottom of lane and the supermarket
     we should all take head of these ywo comments Grin Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2009, 05:54:33 pm »

I am informed that the Lidle planning application has been pulled again from This Thursday’s meeting. It would appear that the implications of incorrectly passing a planning application have been enforced by WMDC highways by making it clear what a mess WMDC would end up in by railroading the plan without any alteration from the one all ready turned down. My opinion is it is a good thing as the land almost ended up in a grid lock in the egerness to build anything. Now at least a short delay will address the only issue, access.
fev angel

« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2009, 06:33:40 pm »

what,s a little bit longer when we are still not any where near getting this can you tell us where you are getting your info from
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »

Got nowhere! isnt 1 possibly 2 suppermarkets on the way?

No problem Karen answering you question even though you dont answer mine.
What you do is pick up the phone and call planning. Dont tell anyone will you its a secret Roll Eyes Lips sealed
fev angel

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2009, 07:40:44 am »

i asked for evryone so people could ask for them self
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2009, 07:32:51 pm »

I was privileged to be asked to comment on the revised plans for the Kwik save site. This makes a welcome change that a developer cares. The area looks like it will be getting the face lift it needs. The plans will be submitted very shortly. The biggest problem has been land issues that take slow legal time to alter.
The Gas works site looks set to also move forward as plans are being prepared. The word appears to have spread as Calendar news arrived today in Featherstone for the story. Check out GM TV and Calendar news tomorrow. Quite a few locals have had a say on what they think.
As if by fate/ chance whilst filming to incidents occurred. Two business men arrived on the gas works site working for Lidle with a revised plan. Sorry to say from what I saw the junction corner has still only been half tackled. The second was that station lane became gridlocked on a normal day. The gridlock is on camera, lets hope the report is listened to. Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2009, 10:19:18 pm »

Netto have put in their application for a developement on the Modetex site. The plan creates a slip road. That wasnt difficult was it, hurray a propper plan Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2009, 08:53:57 pm »

Some one called Karren Keer has written 4 times on face book this same statement,

"people in featherstone need to make here mind up mr yates has been telling the people of featherstone netto has put a new application in for the old gas workes whats happed to lidl".

Why does anyone need to make their minds up, i thought everyone wonts a supermarket? Is it wrong to ask whats going on, dont think so. the rest of the facts are all ready written here.
fev angel

« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2009, 09:19:33 pm »

Karen Kerr wrote
at 8:10am
people in featherstone need to make there mind up mr yates has been telling the people of featherstone netto has put a new application in for the old gas workes whats happed to lidl

Hello mr Yates it wasn’t aimed at you in a bad way it was only said because one minute its lidle next its netto sorry if it offended you. by the way its Karen Kerr on Featherstone needs a supermarket all the best sorry for the inconvenience.

RainbowWarrior

« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2009, 05:44:13 pm »

I see the planning application for Netto to build the supermarket is in todays P&C Express. Lets hope it is passed this time and we get a supermarket at last.

i'm now 60 and proud of it.
Tigger

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2009, 01:45:45 pm »

I have been looking on the WMDC website at the planning documents for both stores and fail to see the problems with regards to highways on the plans for Lidl    Huh

I am no expert but as far as i can see Lidl offers 2 entrances/exits for customers, 1 on wakefield road and 1 on girnhill lane. They also offer a seperate entrance/exit for HGV's. Whereas Netto plans offer just 1 entrance/exit for all vehicles  Huh

Am I reading the plans incorrectly or have i missed something?Huh?

Netto plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KG0WMDQQ04200

Lidl plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KA5TAGQQ06V00
fev angel

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2009, 07:03:16 pm »

I have been looking on the WMDC website at the planning documents for both stores and fail to see the problems with regards to highways on the plans for Lidl    Huh

I am no expert but as far as i can see Lidl offers 2 entrances/exits for customers, 1 on wakefield road and 1 on girnhill lane. They also offer a seperate entrance/exit for HGV's. Whereas Netto plans offer just 1 entrance/exit for all vehicles  Huh

Am I reading the plans incorrectly or have i missed something?Huh?

Netto plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KG0WMDQQ04200

Lidl plans: http://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=KA5TAGQQ06V00
good post gave me something to think about thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum