Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:55:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18645 times)
Tigger

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2009, 11:13:25 am »

Thanks for the clarification yetion1.  Cheesy

If only we could get them to re-issue the plans quicker!!!
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
fev angel

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2009, 11:24:24 am »

you are still go on you silly man the point is you have been going on for months that we are going to get one you have told us all that it would be all diffrent stores then we dont get anything isent this the truth you that you dont know anything whats going on with a supermarket what or who do you listen to can i ask is it leave it with me man
you keep calling yetion a silly man but you are no better you only want to get your name in the paper.
yetion's will help any one who asks for help you are only interested in verner, so why dont you stop meddling
in affairs that you no nothing about you are only a housewife.  (with no ideas or you would be in a better job)
thats not the case at all i work all day in getting things done i dont just work for verner i work for the whole of fev since i started working with this group i started south west group little lane north fev group ackton group and now station lane i have been doing thing in knottingley i have been doing stuff for parks and other areas if it wasent for my yates telling people we was going to get this that and the other then we wwouldent be in this now yes i can get to asda and other places but the oap  carnt so i find my self going and getting them shopping i have now also got some people working in makeing sure that the oap dont go without food and warm drinks all over featherstone my photo in the paper dont bother me

well done to you i think that is brill, but yetion also dose things for the people you dont, and there is not enough room to put everything down
i was talking to him the other day and he got a call on his phone someone was stealing in one stop he dropped everthing and ran out he caught these people and stayed with tham until the police came and arrested them. as you both do things for people why all arguements
i had respect for him aswell but he shouldent tell people that things are going to happen if there not its not just me that is saying this were all thinkin it i would work with him but he spouts all labour stuff out and i want to work with both sides he says i dont do anything i have been to post office this morning paying oap bills and have been cooking corn beef ash for there dinner so they can eat all this is cost to me
Forkhandles

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2009, 11:27:03 am »

Alledgedly, dick taylor was trying to get a bus to ferry people to an out of town supermarket, but the town council put paid to it, on the grounds it would take trade away from the town. Huh
j4elephant

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2009, 11:39:38 am »

you are still go on you silly man the point is you have been going on for months that we are going to get one you have told us all that it would be all diffrent stores then we dont get anything isent this the truth you that you dont know anything whats going on with a supermarket what or who do you listen to can i ask is it leave it with me man
you keep calling yetion a silly man but you are no better you only want to get your name in the paper.
yetion's will help any one who asks for help you are only interested in verner, so why dont you stop meddling
in affairs that you no nothing about you are only a housewife.  (with no ideas or you would be in a better job)
thats not the case at all i work all day in getting things done i dont just work for verner i work for the whole of fev since i started working with this group i started south west group little lane north fev group ackton group and now station lane i have been doing thing in knottingley i have been doing stuff for parks and other areas if it wasent for my yates telling people we was going to get this that and the other then we wwouldent be in this now yes i can get to asda and other places but the oap  carnt so i find my self going and getting them shopping i have now also got some people working in makeing sure that the oap dont go without food and warm drinks all over featherstone my photo in the paper dont bother me

well done to you i think that is brill, but yetion also dose things for the people you dont, and there is not enough room to put everything down
i was talking to him the other day and he got a call on his phone someone was stealing in one stop he dropped everthing and ran out he caught these people and stayed with tham until the police came and arrested them. as you both do things for people why all arguements
i had respect for him aswell but he shouldent tell people that things are going to happen if there not its not just me that is saying this were all thinkin it i would work with him but he spouts all labour stuff out and i want to work with both sides he says i dont do anything i have been to post office this morning paying oap bills and have been cooking corn beef ash for there dinner so they can eat all this is cost to me

good for you, but you have to remember yetion as a shop, to run and earn a living, so he is not always available.
when he is told somthing, he will pass it on to other people, just like you you would pass it on as well.
but if it back fires, it is not all his fault, like it would not be your fault.
there as been that many plans this last few years, I dont think anybody knows what is going on, so like I have said why argue work together or by yourselves
but stop all these arguments. I bet (the labour party are laughing there sides of and clapping thers hands) thinking of all the votes they are going to get, at next election

JOAN
fev angel

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2009, 12:47:41 pm »

good for you, but you have to remember yetion as a shop, to run and earn a living, so he is not always available.
when he is told somthing, he will pass it on to other people, just like you you would pass it on as well.
but if it back fires, it is not all his fault, like it would not be your fault.
there as been that many plans this last few years, I dont think anybody knows what is going on, so like I have said why argue work together or by yourselves
but stop all these arguments. I bet (the labour party are laughing there sides of and clapping thers hands) thinking of all the votes they are going to get, at next election

yes i will pas things on but when it does back fire if he doesent put his self in the fire inline he wouldent get the blame i dont put myself there to be blamed i will only say things are going to happen when i know its about to go in i can work with him or without him i have worked with worse but yet again he isent willing to stop ether and as for labour clapping there hands for the votes they will get next year i agree with what you are saying but he doesent make it easey for indi because he is at a point where he is pushing people to labour
fev angel

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2009, 12:49:55 pm »

people have to shop in other areas so much more of this and fev wont have anything we need to keep trade in people i know goes to the bank in pontefract because its better for them to go shopping so  how long will it be befor that goes with lack of use
Kim685

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:46 pm »

I rarely shop in the Lane, I do most of my shopping at Tesco online or Morrisons, only stuff I get in the Lane is veg and the odd item from One Stop if I've run out. When we had Kwik Save I did ALL my shopping there. It's a sad state of affairs

fev angel

« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2009, 07:12:24 pm »

i allways belive that puting money in to your area is the best thing to put money into the town but since we lost the supermarket we seem to be getting no where
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2009, 08:49:10 pm »

It isn't an allegation, its the truth, as i said in my post, i know who i prefer to believe, you've only to ask the owner of the land, they'll be only too pleased to tell you, as you allways say mate, keep telling the truth, and thats what i'm doing, and the bullying did'nt work, they told him to get on his bike.
Still no proof, ONLY A STORY?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2009, 09:00:36 pm »

Don’t worry Karen I will come back to you shortly when i have some time to waste.  Roll Eyes

In the mean time I have to point out that no one has mentioned the possible problems at the junction apart from Forkhandles who commented that their would be no problem yet on another topic posted that the lights junction had problems. The plan I posted would help the situation. The plan put forward to be passed just used the junction as it was. What do you all think?
The Girnhill estate will add to the traffic for sure. What could be done with the junction to help the bigger volumes of traffic than we all ready have?
fev angel

« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2009, 09:10:46 pm »

hang on you were telling people we were getting one dident you and leave it with me man think about this first yet again you make me laugh
Forkhandles

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2009, 09:01:19 pm »

Your right CS, i did say alledgedly, i'm trying to follow it up Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2009, 09:20:07 pm »

Thanks for the clarification yetion1.  Cheesy

If only we could get them to re-issue the plans quicker!!!

Your words might be more than you imagined when you posted.

It would appear there is an information leak. Nice one, nothing like knowing what’s going on. No, the leak is not Indy which adds to the suspicions of information being with held from the district council.

Apparently the planning application that was turned down for Lidle is to be re-heard this week. Great………..or perhaps not! WMDC planning apparently are going to over ride their own highways department report that states action is required to easy congestion at the junction and a different access.

So basically it looks like Lidle could have its plan passed. That does not mean that they own the land nor can carry out their construction. I or you can apply for planning on each others homes and get a pass if no one objects.

The one thing we all agree upon is that we all desire a supermarket ASAP. The situation I believe we have here is 2 supermarkets at battle for one site. One is listening and one not as it sees £s. The fact of the matter is the Lidle plan as it stands will frig the traffic up once and for all. My personal worry now is that the apparent actions of the planning panel will result in there own highways department forcing a judicial review that will result in the site being in legal battle for years to come and leaving us with nothing.

Do we accept a supermarket at any cost with any plan? Has that not been the problem with construction and design in Featherstone for many years? Just a small amount of consideration would go a long way wouldnt it?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2009, 09:33:39 pm »

hang on you were telling people we were getting one dident you and leave it with me man think about this first yet again you make me laugh

may i ask "what i left"?
may i ask "what i left with you"?

j4elephant

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »

may i ask "what i left"?
may i ask "what i left with you"?

I was told last night the plan would be passed on thursday and it would be a lidle

JOAN
Forkhandles

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2009, 01:09:56 pm »

Lets all hope so Grin Grin
j4elephant

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2009, 01:17:41 pm »

supermarket yes that would be good have you any ideas of whitch one it will be

My guess is netto Grin

I was told last night it would be lidle you know where i go drinking on Sunday
so you should have an idea were it came from

JOAN
Tigger

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2009, 03:35:22 pm »

lets just hope they can do something about the possible effects on the traffic, people jump the lights as it is without adding to the problem!
Forkhandles

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2009, 04:03:22 pm »

I realy don't think it'll cause much disruption, people are talking as though there'll be a continuous stream of traffic, there won't, cars come and go in dribs and drabs in and out of supermarkets, even big ones, this is only going to be a smallish one, if they make it entrance only off wakefield road, and the exit and goods entrance on girnhill lane, no problem, in my oppinion, with maybe a slight adjustment to the lights Grin
Tigger

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2009, 05:13:31 pm »

very true forkhandles, there were never more than 20 cars in kwik save car park at any one time so you're probably right!  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum