Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:11:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18419 times)
Forkhandles

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2009, 01:16:42 pm »

Who has recomended that the supermarket plans be rejected, the reasons,- sub standard access and servicing would have a detrimental impact on highway safety, what a load of garbage, and as expected, our wonderful town council have made a strong objection to the refusal NOT, will we never get a town council with a backbone, coruption and backhanders would come to mind if i did'nt know better Angry Angry
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
j4elephant

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2009, 03:17:33 pm »

I remember them being broughs and i'm younger than you j4elephant and Forkhandles. Grin Grin Grin Grin

But can tha remember melias, a think we've got him here j4elephant Grin Grin Tongue
I can remember Melias quite well my mum used to deal with them get food from them and pay
at the end of the week, can forkhandles remember the other supermarket at the top of
station lane

JOAN
fev angel

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2009, 03:37:44 pm »

Who has recomended that the supermarket plans be rejected, the reasons,- sub standard access and servicing would have a detrimental impact on highway safety, what a load of garbage, and as expected, our wonderful town council have made a strong objection to the refusal NOT, will we never get a town council with a backbone, coruption and backhanders would come to mind if i did'nt know better Angry Angry
i could name a few in featherstone thats got know backbone
mick200

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2009, 04:11:17 pm »

Well, thats another big let down for the people of the town. Never mind just add it to the list.
fev angel

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2009, 05:24:06 pm »

there was a meeting last night and it was a shock more let downs  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed
Forkhandles

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2009, 05:45:09 pm »

Please explain your comment karen.
fev angel

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2009, 05:49:26 pm »

hrmm you sure im karen like my post said more let downs we were all told we would get a supermarket and then kwick save was going to be one again
Kim685

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2009, 06:45:18 pm »

What was said at the meeting?

yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2009, 08:58:15 pm »

The recommendation has come from highways according to the hearing(their findings will be on line soon).
The residents affected didn’t think it was garbage (they complained as you can).
Who did you ask at the town council?
Isn’t the town councils back bone the reason why services are improving?
Who could get a back hander for what?
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2009, 08:58:51 pm »

Like who? Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2009, 09:02:37 pm »

hrmm you sure im karen like my post said more let downs we were all told we would get a supermarket and then kwick save was going to be one again
Didnt Karen remove all her posts after various people asked questions?
Whats changed? Netto still own the only entrance that is aceptable to highways Wink Grin
fev angel

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2009, 09:06:31 pm »

what has karen got to do with anything
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2009, 09:08:25 pm »

what has karen got to do with anything
Not a lot rearlly Grin
fev angel

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2009, 09:10:50 pm »

well there you go what has karen got to do with a supermarket
Forkhandles

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2009, 09:17:17 pm »

Why has'nt any of the town council objected to the decision, in the paper kay seemed to resign herself to the fact, netto own the building at the entrance, but they can't stop the owners of the land from entering the land, funny how she knew the decision before it was made.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2009, 09:29:05 pm »

The planning panel only met today to decide yes or no. How could anyone be in press print today before the hearing?
Do you have a document that states Kay knew the decision before it was made?
Who said anything about stopping anyone entering the land?
I know where you’re coming from Forkhandles but I have only seen one greed on the site.
Forkhandles

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2009, 09:35:47 pm »

Kay said in the express it was going to be turned down.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2009, 09:57:07 pm »

without checking, was that on the advice of the highways debt?
fev angel

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2009, 07:38:06 am »

im sure it will all come out sooner or later i dont think anything should have been said about getting a supermarket untill it had all gone in and sorted because now people are thinking what another let down
mick200

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2009, 08:44:08 pm »

Why has'nt any of the town council objected to the decision, in the paper kay seemed to resign herself to the fact, netto own the building at the entrance, but they can't stop the owners of the land from entering the land, funny how she knew the decision before it was made.

Havn't you worked that one out yet Forkhandles? The Independents are the ones objecting to the supermarket. It may appear to the majority that they are fighting for a supermarket but the reality of the situation is; sadly, they are the ones blocking it. Mr Yates in an attemp to conceal this fact used his friend who lives in Pontefract to lodge a complaint against the supermarket on the grounds of improper access to the site. Whatever reasons these people have for stopping the development of the town is at this point; irrelevant, but what is relevant is the fact that is it these people that are blocking it. The people on this forum need to realise this. I'd read this post and copy it while you can because no doubt the truth will be deleted as per usual. Tick tock, tick tick.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum