Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:25:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18672 times)
karen

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 09:53:11 pm »

funny that i was told the same it doesent look like we are going to get one this year
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 10:28:51 pm »

funny that i was told the same it doesent look like we are going to get one this year
no one ever said we would. the earliest opening date is March 2009 and is moving away every day a deal is not done. we all wish for a super market. believe me this takes time, like it or not. no rumour, no speculation.
karen

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:47 pm »

nice to here but we never know who to belive kay said no one could talk about it at least we know now
Forkhandles

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 09:21:54 pm »

Dick taylor is trying to organise a free supermarket bus, to transport feath people without their own transport to an out of town supermarket, i think its a excellent idea, what do you think? Grin Grin
ABBOO

"The King"

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:18 pm »

There used to be a free bus service to Asda i don't know if it still runs or not though. Grin Grin Grin Grin
jaffa2

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:58 pm »

good idea fork but do you think it would then be an excuse not to put a supermarket in feath
Forkhandles

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 09:25:41 am »

good idea fork but do you think it would then be an excuse not to put a supermarket in feath
The way things are going jaffa, we could be waiting for evermore, and if we get our own supermarket eventualy, i'm sure people would rather shop local than get a bus to pont or cas Grin
karen

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 01:07:14 pm »

i think is a very good idea the sooner the better Grin Grin Grin
Citizen Smith
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 01:20:23 pm »

For what it's worth here is my thoughts on the "free bus".

The supermarket owner, who has intentions of coming to trade in Featherstone, is probably fed up to the back teeth by the length of time the negotiations over the site are taking. Each week that goes by, without a deal being agreed, puts another week on the opening day. I would imagine they are not going to be pleased by this free bus idea. Maybe this could be a good excuse for the company to back out of the long haul deal.

Kwik Save suffered a drop in custom when the free bus to Asda was introduced, which I believe still runs, and consequently they closed the doors because people were only shopping in Featherstone for daily essentials. We seem to forget that Healds was sold to Tesco for a "OneStop" shop as it to was struggling to attract custom. We now have, what I regard as an over priced corner shop in the "OneStop" shop, but to some it is the only option. How will the "free bus" hit the trade for them. Maybe they will close the doors and then what do we have.

So we have "Asda" and Tesco" contributing to the demise of our supermarkets and yet, if the gossip is to be believed, not wanting to commit themselves to the town. "Asda bought the "KwikSave" in Pontefract to open as an "Asda Essentials" but were quite happy to bus shoppers out of Featherstone and not take the "Kwik Save" on here.

Now we have an idea to bus out more shoppers, I know of the person in question, as most of the town do, and feel his efforts would be better put into bringing a supermarket to the town rather than this, in my opion, political attention seeking idea.

If the supermarket comes to Featherstone we will know who to thank, if it does not we will at least know who may be to blame.

Can we not leave politics out of anything to do with this town. Some politicians seem hell bent on destroying the town, as some have done for nearly 35 years, I for one am well fed up with it......

I ONLY WANT A SUPERMARKET NOT A BLOODY LABOUR v INDY POINTS SCORING EXERCISE.

Mr T

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 03:42:08 pm »

Station Lane has been like a ghost town since the closure of Kwik Save and, as expected, has effected other businesses! I think bussing people out of town could possibly make trading in the town even worse!

"I PITY THE FOOL"
Forkhandles

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 06:30:43 pm »

People took advantage of the asda bus, because the kwik save were bloody useless, most of the time the shelfs were half empty, people will take advantage of a supermarket bus, but i think when and if we get a supermarket of our own, the local people will use it.
And i totally agree with you citizen smith, i too am sick of the labour- indie points scoring game. Wink Grin
karen

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2008, 06:32:29 pm »

For what it's worth here is my thoughts on the "free bus".

The supermarket owner, who has intentions of coming to trade in Featherstone, is probably fed up to the back teeth by the length of time the negotiations over the site are taking. Each week that goes by, without a deal being agreed, puts another week on the opening day. I would imagine they are not going to be pleased by this free bus idea. Maybe this could be a good excuse for the company to back out of the long haul deal.

Kwik Save suffered a drop in custom when the free bus to Asda was introduced, which I believe still runs, and consequently they closed the doors because people were only shopping in Featherstone for daily essentials. We seem to forget that Healds was sold to Tesco for a "OneStop" shop as it to was struggling to attract custom. We now have, what I regard as an over priced corner shop in the "OneStop" shop, but to some it is the only option. How will the "free bus" hit the trade for them. Maybe they will close the doors and then what do we have.

So we have "Asda" and Tesco" contributing to the demise of our supermarkets and yet, if the gossip is to be believed, not wanting to commit themselves to the town. "Asda bought the "KwikSave" in Pontefract to open as an "Asda Essentials" but were quite happy to bus shoppers out of Featherstone and not take the "Kwik Save" on here.

Now we have an idea to bus out more shoppers, I know of the person in question, as most of the town do, and feel his efforts would be better put into bringing a supermarket to the town rather than this, in my opion, political attention seeking idea.

If the supermarket comes to Featherstone we will know who to thank, if it does not we will at least know who may be to blame.

Can we not leave politics out of anything to do with this town. Some politicians seem hell bent on destroying the town, as some have done for nearly 35 years, I for one am well fed up with it......

I ONLY WANT A SUPERMARKET NOT A BLOODY LABOUR v INDY POINTS SCORING EXERCISE.

thats all it ever will be labour indi but its the oap i feel for the thing is all we here is were gona have a super market but we got people saying we carnt discuss anything then otheres saying march 09 i feel that this but carnt come soon enough
Forkhandles

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 07:45:59 pm »

We may be getting our supermarket, thanks to feath rovers, theres plans for a new stadium at the rear of the existing one, and the site of the old ground and car park is earmarked for a retail outlet, theres major supermarkets taking an interest, if it comes off, we can thank the rovers, not any of the political parties, UP THE ROVERS Grin Grin
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 08:13:46 pm »

and obviously they did not bother to talk to anyone at the risk of putting off any existing deals. they tried it once before and it didnt get passed planning. wmdc have stated that Post Office road will not be allowed an increase of commercial vehicles. thats why CMS Medical had to move when the wonted to expand. the only way around would be a new and very expensive road.
we could be thanking the rovers for not having a super market for even longer. sounds like polatics is involved.
Forkhandles

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 08:28:44 pm »

No politics involved at all, wmdc arn't involved, i'm not bothered whats involved, so long as we get our supermarket Grin
karen

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 08:42:58 pm »

we need one the sooner the better
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 07:59:16 pm »

Labour keep writing and bragging of a list of things the indys haven’t done. I bet thier pissed today as this is the 2nd one this week (and its only Monday) they have had to cross off. thier list must be a fag packet top by now. Grin

Without speculation and rumor you will be pleased to hear that a new super market is to be built on a site after help from Roy Bickerton. The Mode Tex site will be reveled and what is proposed to be built,
16th October at the Chesneys Centre. I do not have a time as yet.
That’s the first one sorted. Chew on this labour, time to help super market number 2. It’s called hard work. I recon 3 years work for a  2nd.

sorry Citizen, thats Indy 1, labour -1 for a front page lie.
karen

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 08:34:52 pm »

sounds good lets hope it comes of soon
karen

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2008, 02:34:14 pm »

dont know who els has had them but we all got flyers yesterday telling us about the open day for are supermarket why are people saying that we are getting a netto when the flyer we got  doesent say netto
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 06:42:17 pm »

this from last week will help,

http://featherstonesmad.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,688.msg3300.html#msg3300

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum