Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:47:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18266 times)
karen

« on: April 03, 2008, 06:25:19 am »

supermarket yes that would be good have you any ideas of whitch one it will be
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:55:47 pm »

supermarket yes that would be good have you any ideas of whitch one it will be

My guess is netto Grin
karen

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:29:49 pm »

yes mine to we were told it would be netto but you never can tell
Buffy

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:59:41 pm »

Regarding the supermarket why 2009, why not this year our town is in desperate need for a supermarket if only they had let asda have in the first place no of this would be happening and people would still have there jobs and a place to shop.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 08:45:30 pm »

regards the super market. the chamber of trade has contacted every super market chain and told them of the old kwik save site. 2 even turned up and 1 actually made some plans. they then pulled out due to other money problems. the problem is that no one wonts the site unless they can have the precinct knocked down for line of sight. its just not going to happen.
the only other alternative was to find another site. this takes time as the site has to be very big in a built up area and not upset anyone in the process. a sight has been found and should be announced this summer. it is hoped that a fully running store will be open feb/ march 09.
super markets do not happen over night. ASDA had the very first option to come but said no. i agree the super market not open is hurting the town. as far as i am concerned everything that could have been done has been and the result is 2009. this could have been 2010+ if people had not got of their ass and done something.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 12:48:27 pm »

there are a lot of rumours flying around for over a year Roy Bickerton has been helping negotiate a site and supermarket.
nothing to do with jon Tricket. he knows the work that has been going on and at the risk of messing it all up he went to press and claimed the glory. the intersting question to ask Tricket is "where is his supermarket going"? you would have thought he would have asked rather than mess things up.
a new supermarket will open in 2009. its location will be announced very soon when all concerned are in 100% in agreement.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 04:02:22 pm »

the district council and the chamber of trade have been working on this problem for over a year. if you ask someone asociated with these people they would have informed you the same.
the only person not to believe is Tricket.
Mr T

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 02:33:52 pm »

I heard another rumour last night regarding the location of a new supermarket! I never believe any of the rumours as there is that many of them and I'm a "Wait & See" person, but the latest one is that the location of the new supermarket is going to be in the vacinity of the bottom of the lane somewhere on the fireplace shop side! I can't see it myself, but it's just something I heard! Wherever next?

"I PITY THE FOOL"
eleanora

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 04:35:57 pm »

i heard that one too MR T
according to the rumor they are gonna bulid a new NETTO in the old gas works yard & knock the fireplace shop down?Huh
watch & see
karen

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 10:38:30 am »

there are people out there that know if there is going to be one or not they should start saying where they are putin one there is oap that havent got any means of getting to pontie or cas and its hard for young mums so someone should tell us all the truth
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 08:31:16 pm »

so i can take it that no one believes jon Tricket has sorted a super market as per the front page of the express.
for 18 months ROY and the CHAMBER OF TRADE have been contacting SUPER MARKETS to come to Featherstone. last count was 9. the fact is no one wonts to come as no one wonts the old Kwiksave site that is being pushed by WMDC.
two sites have been found that would work. these belong to PEOPLE. unlike labour the tack has been talks that suit all involved. until a contract is signed and ready to go after the talks then why tell People it is happening when it could fail?

the answer we are all waiting for should arrive sooner than later Wink
jaffa2

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 12:07:41 am »

the supermarket i was just reading about?
what impact would this have on retailers in station lane?
quik save was not a massive supermarket chain to compete with . but if we do manage to get a large chain in ,asda/morrison/tesco/netto, that offer very reasonable prices what effect do you think this is goin to have on our local butchers? 7-11 / farm shop/ newsagents? with more and more shops struggling as it is in staion lane. a new major supermarket could be the final nail in the coffin.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:03 pm »

The impact of any super market has many factors but these days for the needs of Featherstone the most important is companies’ policy and progress. Many supermarkets are fiercely competitive and do pick on local shops in turn to finish them off one by one.
Fortunately for Featherstone the fiercest ones do not wish to come as there is not enough money involved.
If Netto is the winner to save our food chain problems then we have the best of all possible solutions. The way Netto work is to rotate different items like DIY, WINE and other products just as a 2 week promotion. This allows others to compete and yet Netto gets its money. It’s not perfect and will cost be some money perhaps. The other side is that until a super market opens of size then no other popular companies will look at us. Since Netto has been talked about coming there have been calls from these other firms asking if it is true? Their interest is to join the expansion of trade. A few key companies would go a long way to bring shoppers to town. It is very possible that Featherstone’s traders will benefit within a short period of time.
As for nails in coffins, believe me it is the most difficult year in many. Anything could shove it over the edge.
san!

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 11:32:15 am »

does anybody know abvout a supermarket opening on the old sewing factory site... somebody told me ldl had bought the land.
is it a rumour or true.
karen

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 02:47:31 pm »

we have been told we were haveing one but nothing yet so it could be just rumour san
san!

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 02:52:14 pm »

but surely it will be on station lane or even where kwick save was.
karen

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 06:06:50 pm »

you would have thaught so san i think we should all get together san one group to another and invite people along to find out the real truth iam up for it if you are
Forkhandles

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 08:17:01 pm »

Maybe its just another featherstone whisper Huh
karen

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 07:14:10 am »

we was told a lidl netto and a farmfoods
Mr T

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 04:10:39 pm »

If I believe every rumour that I have heard up to press, we are going to be spoilt for choice! We're having a Lidl, A Netto, An Asda and well as other's! I don't believe any of them, I will wait and see what happens and what will be, will be! The latest rumour to whistle through the Featherstone grapevine is...Featherstone Rover's are having a new ground built (god knows where) and then the current one is to be demolished and a supermarket built there! That is one I definetly don't believe! The mind boggles  Undecided  Undecided   Undecided

"I PITY THE FOOL"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum