Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:42:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 19161 times)
Dementus

« Reply #360 on: March 05, 2011, 10:58:36 am »

Hello to you all - I am a new member and have read a few of the recent posts and look forward to reading the other views held on this forum over the next few weeks and I hope to be a valued contributor.   

So, a little bit about me…..

Today it's time for my weekly shop and I will try out the Featherstone Lidl instead of my usual journey to Pontefract's Tesco's. I have heard some great things about the food at Lidl  from family and friends so I am really looking forward to it. I will post my views once I have sampled the goods.

Thought I'd mention what a surprise the look of the new Supermarket is and how the road layout has surpassed the very grim expectations I  and most of my friends held a few weeks ago. First impressions are that it seems to be a good job - effective and looks good. I have heard a few people say that it brightens up the place a bit and I am inclined to agree. As I am writing this I am remembering the long queue's  on Station Lane and Wakefield Road yesterday but I have not seen any worsening of the situation because of the Lidl opening. These queue's have been with us for a couple of years now and I recall that it took me over 10 minutes to get through the round-a-bouts into Pontefract at 5:30 last evening. Congestion is now a fact of life. I travel to Leeds each morning at rush hour so I might have a little more patience with crazy traffic conditions than some other people.

So - the proof will be in the pudding after my shop but for now I like this new place we have. Well done to who ever has made this happen.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Happy Daze
Dementus

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum