Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:58:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Supermarket

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermarket  (Read 18722 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2011, 10:02:33 pm »

Dear Andy and Cllrs

In the nicest way possible I hope that as you left your meeting tonight you may have run in to and just caught a glimpse of tonight’s problems at the cross roads.

As tonight’s gale force winds increased at 7pm the wind began to take hold of the red and white barriers used by WMDC highways on their roadworks. Eventually the road became blocked and HGVs and coaches were stopping on the junction and having to get out to clear a path.

A resident called in the problem to WMDC contact centre but was told it was a police matter and they should call the. The police were called and did attend. They cleared the road and put back the barriers. No extra weight was added to the barriers.

I have just received a call at 9.20pm informing me that the wind has picked up and the barriers are again on the move. I called the WMDC contact centre and reported the problem. WMDC accepted the report this time but would not at first offer a reference number. I explained that the usual procedure experienced on previous occasions if a log number was not obtained was that the recorded conversation would go missing and staff would suffer from amnesia when questioned.

A log number was finally obtained ref: 309843.

Sorry to bother you all with this but if the blocks are not weighted they will cause more problems. Not that this helps Featherstone but it might save a live.

Regards Wink

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum