Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:14:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stabbing / possible attempted murder on Station Lane

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stabbing / possible attempted murder on Station Lane  (Read 4317 times)
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« on: August 11, 2011, 08:37:21 pm »

At the request of the police this disgraceful and vicious attack has not been reported on this forum. Facebook is all ready full of half stories. When the full story is allowed you will feel sick reading it.
Yet today the Pont & Cas express publish the story! And what a story as all the details are wrong.

“Man stabbed in back”. Followed by allegedly? Either they were or were not?

Police are now appealing for whiteness that were in Station lane around the DIY shop or Moorhouse Opticians area around 5am to 5.45am on Saturday morning, the 6th August. NOT 6.30AM AS REPORTED!
Police are looking for 2 suspects but no description given?
The man received minor injuries? Really?
Is it just a blood hungry press that could harm the chance to capture these animals?
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 02:04:19 pm »

Minnor injuries,i can assure everyone the injuries are horrific,i've seen them, the people who did this to a person as quiet and inoffensive as the victim need catching as soon as possible Shocked
alfgarnett

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »

evil sick scum to hurt someone who does as much volunteer work as him i hope the people of featherstone give up these two scumbags and the court dont just put it down to some kind of drug addiction that they give these two animals some real time..my thoughts are with the victim and hope of a speedy recovery.. Angry
Whistleblower

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35:02 pm »

Sadly this is how society is going and it’ll get worse, when the police catch them the courts do nothing, it’s about time the punishment fitted the crime, bring back the gallows 
Kim685

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 12:18:07 am »

Sadly this is how society is going and it’ll get worse, when the police catch them the courts do nothing, it’s about time the punishment fitted the crime, bring back the gallows 

I agree, but sadly I can't see it happening

alfgarnett

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 01:41:59 am »

in the summer of 2008 i fell asleep on my settee and didnt close my backdoor,at bout 2.30am i was awoken by a bang in my kitchen on going to investigate the noise i saw a youth run from my kitchen out of my backdoor. I realised what had happened and went upstairs to check on my two young sons one was asleep and one was awake and visibly shaken i asked if he was ok and he said a lad had entered his room and taken his phone i then went to check on my wife who informed me her phone and purse were missing from the side of her bed..we phoned the police who came out and took details and fingerprints..In anger i phoned a well known man from featherstone who i know well and asked for his help to find out who had done it..a couple of hours later he called to say the person who had taken my belongings was on his way to my house to return them Shocked.about half hour later a knock came on my door and when i opened it there stood a youth with my things, i asked my son if this was the person who entered his bedroom and he said yes, anger welled inside and i headbutted him square on the jaw. When the police arrived they arrested him and also arrested me which i expected to happen. we both went to court and i was sentenced to community service 120 unpaid hours, he went to court and was ordered onto a drug rehabilitation course and to pay £60.00 compensation and only two week ago i saw the same lad in the local press again this time for shoplifting and again he got a small fine and some kind of probation..when will these people be treated and dealt with properly and why does this country seem more interested in protecting the rights of scum than hardworking folk?? Angry 
seneca bond

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:27:41 am »

yes there was no violent crime in the good old days and nobody stole from each other.
You clearly never went to the dances at the Baths, or Beat Night in Ponty Town hall in the 60s or Kikos in the seventies, eighties and beyond.

remind me , how did cut throat bridge get its name? As far as I'm aware there is still an unsolved murder in featherstone from 20 years ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/uk_prisons_in_the_uk/html/1.stm

as for the courts doing nothing-nonsense. There are more people in prison than ever.

This is a horrifying crime, and let's hope the culprit is caught and punished.

By the way, regarding another post on the thread. Of course it is an alleged stabbing. The cause of the wounds hasn't  been ascertained for deifinite. making assumptions is not the way to investigate crime.
Whistleblower

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:22:55 pm »

No Kim me neither, too many do-gooders  Sad
seneca bond

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »

but what she says is untrue-see my previous post.
what is a 'do gooder'?
Forkhandles

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »

What i think Kim is getting at is that the courts are not tough enough,and i agree Grin
seneca bond

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 09:39:59 pm »

see figures regarding the increase in the prison population in my first post on this thread.
Whistleblower

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:06 pm »

What i think Kim is getting at is that the courts are not tough enough,and i agree Grin
Prison is no deterrent, it’s like a holiday camp that’s why they all want to go back, should be a 6 foot X 4 foot cell with solitary confinement or a days hard labour

Just seen this  Angry http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hamster-killer-spared-prison-term-120811721.html
Kim685

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 01:09:47 am »

what is a 'do gooder'?

The prisons are overcrowded because they are full of re-offenders, which proves prison is no deterrent. And excuse me, but who's SHE, the cat's mother???

seneca bond

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 09:10:17 am »

Prison is no deterrent, it’s like a holiday camp that’s why they all want to go back, should be a 6 foot X 4 foot cell with solitary confinement or a days hard labour

Just seen this  Angry http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hamster-killer-spared-prison-term-120811721.html
have you ever seen the inside of a prison?
seneca bond

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 09:14:48 am »

what is a 'do gooder'?

The prisons are overcrowded because they are full of re-offenders, which proves prison is no deterrent. And excuse me, but who's SHE, the cat's mother???

it proves nothing
people reoffend for all sorts of reasons.

if people commit crimes and are a danger to society they should be locked up
locking dangerous people up is a good thing because it means that the public is safe from these people, because loss of liberty is a punishment, and because in theory a person's offending behaviour can be addressed.
seneca bond

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 05:28:11 pm »

what is a 'do gooder'?

I can't apologise enough for any hurt caused.
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 08:20:09 pm »

By the way, regarding another post on the thread. Of course it is an alleged stabbing. The cause of the wounds hasn't  been ascertained for deifinite. making assumptions is not the way to investigate crime.

Nothing un-certain about it! The victim was slashed several times with a Stanly knife. And several means more than once, so claiming they slipped is out of the window.
Whistleblower

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 08:43:09 pm »

Nothing un-certain about it! The victim was slashed several times with a Stanly knife. And several means more than once, so claiming they slipped is out of the window.
Has anybody been caught yet ? Best wishes to the victim  Smiley
seneca bond

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 09:38:31 am »

so they were slashed not stabbed.

the point is that as far as the investigation of an offence is concerned nothing can ever be assumed. Those investigating an offence, particularly one such as this have to approach it with an open mind.
Forkhandles

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:01 pm »

so they were slashed not stabbed.

the point is that as far as the investigation of an offence is concerned nothing can ever be assumed. Those investigating an offence, particularly one such as this have to approach it with an open mind.
CORRECT Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum