Featherstone Make a Difference Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:53:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

W D H

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W D H  (Read 2027 times)
Whistleblower

« on: April 17, 2011, 05:29:17 pm »

I’ve always said the management at WDH will be its downfall  Huh
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377684/Electrician-Colin-Atkinson-faces-sack-Christian-cross-van-dashboard.html
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Forkhandles

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:35:36 am »

WDH should take a long hard look at themselves over this,i was incensed when i heard it on the wireless this morning,i didn't think i'd see this kind of thing actually land on our doorstep. Angry
Whistleblower

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 06:30:38 pm »

Will be interesting to see who backs down, just seen Mr Atkinson on the news he said he would let WDH sack him rather than remove the cross but if they do sack him I can see WDH receiving a lot of flack off of religious communities/media/tenants etc. Cant see why they let it get this far, surely they have better things to do ?
seneca bond

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:19:23 am »

WDH should take a long hard look at themselves over this,i was incensed when i heard it on the wireless this morning,i didn't think i'd see this kind of thing actually land on our doorstep. Angry
I think WDH are right.
If people want to parade their belief in mumbo jumbo then they should do it in their own time and on their own property, not that of their employers.
Whistleblower

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 01:03:24 pm »

Roll Eyes Grin
Forkhandles

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 05:39:14 pm »

I think WDH are right.
If people want to parade their belief in mumbo jumbo then they should do it in their own time and on their own property, not that of their employers.

Thats the biggest load of crap thats come out of thy gob since thy signed on here.
seneca bond

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:02:22 pm »

I think WDH are right.

Thats the biggest load of crap thats come out of thy gob since thy signed on here.
and what you've just posted is a cogent, constructive, relevant contribution to the discussion is it. And what's this 'thy gob' stuff?

peoples' religion is their business and theirs alone. They have no right to foist it on others, especially using other peoples' property to do so. That goes for all religions. the van doesn't belonmg to him.
As an atheist I object to having the beliefs of cults  such as chrtistianity, islam, and the various sects within them intruding on my life, whether it's having to have a state religion which we have and all the mumbo jumbo that goes with it, or this man and his employer's van.
Forkhandles

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

Thy = yours.
Gob = mouth. Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:31:37 pm »

I think WDH are right.

I disagree Angry there all crap not just this one  Wink Grin
Whistleblower

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 08:34:35 pm »

I think WDH are right.

and what you've just posted is a cogent, constructive, relevant contribution to the discussion is it. And what's this 'thy gob' stuff?

peoples' religion is their business and theirs alone. They have no right to foist it on others, especially using other peoples' property to do so. That goes for all religions. the van doesn't belonmg to him.
As an atheist I object to having the beliefs of cults  such as chrtistianity, islam, and the various sects within them intruding on my life, whether it's having to have a state religion which we have and all the mumbo jumbo that goes with it, or this man and his employer's van.
Keep it to yourself then
seneca bond

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 08:27:05 am »

Thy = yours.
Gob = mouth. Grin
then why not say that in the first place?
seneca bond

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 08:29:12 am »

I think WDH are right.

Keep it to yourself then
I will.
I propmise not to display any atheist iconography on my employers property.
Kim685

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 08:15:10 am »

Common sense prevails....and rightly so  Grin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8468073/Christian-electrician-wins-cross-battle.html

Whistleblower

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 09:10:10 am »

Well done Colin, I think it was more down to the media rather than common sense, even the BNP got involved
http://www.bnp.org.uk/war-against-the-cross
yetion1
Administrator

READY

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 07:33:50 pm »

I think WDH are right.

Keep it to yourself then
I will.

How was your day off Mr Bond?
seneca bond

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 09:24:08 am »

I think WDH are right.

Keep it to yourself then
I will.

How was your day off Mr Bond?
I don't have days off

but I think the idea of a national holiday to commemorate a fairy story is preoposterous, especially when most people don't believe it. I can think of a better handle to put on an early summer bank holiday, or any other holiday connected with religion.
Whistleblower

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 09:44:44 am »

I don't have days off

but I think the idea of a national holiday to commemorate a fairy story is preoposterous, especially when most people don't believe it. I can think of a better handle to put on an early summer bank holiday, or any other holiday connected with religion.
Whats preoposterous mean  Huh
Forkhandles

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 08:50:56 pm »

I don't have days off

but I think the idea of a national holiday to commemorate a fairy story is preposterous, especially when most people don't believe it. I can think of a better handle to put on an early summer bank holiday, or any other holiday connected with religion.

I actually agree with this comment Grin
seneca bond

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 10:20:53 pm »

I don't have days off

Whats preoposterous mean  Huh
the same as preposterous

if you are picking up people on their spelling and punctuation might I point out that you have omitted the apostrophe in 'whats': it should be what's
Whistleblower

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 10:31:39 pm »

Touchy aren’t we ? You should think about having a day off and relaxing, all work and no play makes Chris a dull boy, happy Easter  Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum